Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

Not possible. If players who do organized group content are 1% of the playerbase, the game is at least 5 times bigger than it was in wrath.

1 Like

I’m having to get into arguments with fellow mythic+ players. I love the mythic+ community but we all have different opinions on how the game should be designed. Having the game only operate well for a small minority at the top isn’t good design imo.

9 Likes

It’s a good thing Blizzard hasn’t done that considering they pile rewards into so many discreet difficulty settings letting a massive range of player skill levels be able to participate and gear.

There’s a whole in-game tool full of guilds doing exactly that.

There’s LFG full of people looking for short-term social activities.

If people choose to play solo nobody should have to beg them to do group content when they’re actively ignoring a ton of opportunities.

1 Like

I think what’s really interesting is the amount of people in this thread who, not even three weeks ago, were saying normal is fine for open world content.

Fast forward to now, where they’re saying open world doesn’t deserve normal at all and that LFR is better for it.

Something tells me that these people aren’t arguing because they actually agree with the change, but because they like stoking the flames these terrible design choices cause. They think it’s funny people are upset over it and rather than choosing to say “Yeah this is actually stupid,” they’re choosing to be inflammatory.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m not mad at normal level rewards, it benefits me. But I also see the value in making LFR and normal raid more relevant, and I know that LFR gear in SL is enough juice to make world content a cakewalk, so I’m not particularly mad at the change.

LFR is already relevant. It’s not like it’s a dead form of content in the game. Plenty of people do it. As I’ve said, this is either A. A non-issue that Blizzard is turning into an issue, or B. A way to prolong the amount of time people play since we no longer have the time-gated stacks of systems we’re forced to do.

Rewards-wise, LFR was only relevant to enchanters unless all you did was log in Tuesday, run LFR and log off till the next week.

LFR’s purpose has always been a story-driven experience. It is not meant to be anything other than that. That is how they pitched it back in Cataclysm, and that’s how it has remained. Gear is supplementary. People who want gear get gear, people who want other things get other things.

I see no purpose behind this change other than to punish players for focusing on open world content and it’s pretty clear why they’re doing it. It seems like every time we have a positive change being made to the game, Blizzard has to come in and screw it up somehow out of fear that their time-played metrics are going to be shortened. Remember when they removed titanforging because it was such a massive waste of time that served no purpose other than keeping us on the treadmill, and then at the start of Shadowlands we got an abhorrently balanced loot drop system where people were getting nothing in return?

This is no different. Blizzard is removing the many treadmills we got with open world content and replacing it with something equally bad, if not worse. They’re fixing a problem (one that really made no difference to the user-facing experience, mind you), and creating another one.

3 Likes

Yet people are using it as a significant part of their endgame. If they were only doing it for the story, they would run it once and be done.

If people are using it as such then surely we can conclude that LFR is relevant, yes?

The content is
 the rewards weren’t. Now they will be.

And why do the rewards need to be relevant? Why can’t they just be as they are? Everyone keeps saying LFR rewards are going to be relevant but have yet to offer a reason as to why that’s so important over keeping open world progression as it was.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I have more fun getting actual useable drops from killing bosses. I’d much rather be sharding WQ stuff.

1 Like

Just described everything solo players arent.

Oh really I’m a solo player and got Tower Ranger. Which I’d argue does take at least a decent amount of dedication and skill.

2 Likes

At best it might be medium difficulty.

Honestly, I’m getting pretty sick and tired of all the elitism there is in this game. The WoW community is so incredibly toxic towards casual/solo players, it’s unreal. It’s utterly repugnant. Apparently, if you don’t play the game exactly as the elitists do, you don’t deserve anything.

Before some ape pipes up and says, “They just want loot for nothing” let me rebut that point, because it’s entirely untrue. Just because someone doesn’t participate in raiding, M+, or rated PVP doesn’t mean that they want “Loot for nothing.” In most cases, what they’d like is different alternative gear progression systems that better fit their playstyles.

I really don’t think this is an unreasonable request in 2022. The game has only been out for 18 years. I think that’s long enough of a wait for them to add some fresh alternative gear progression systems. If they don’t (or won’t), then I’m afraid they’re going to wind up losing even more players - no matter how good DF looks like on the surface.

Sadly, I think it’s the same ol’ Blizzard: they’re going to shoot themselves in the foot at the last second. People were so hyped about DF
 and now, they’re having second thoughts, thanks to a lot of these recent changes. I know I am. I mean, what else are they going to screw up right before launch? It just goes to add clout to the various memes about Blizzard - e.g.: “Fun detected.”

9 Likes

How would you know? You haven’t gotten it.

4 Likes

I dont do content I dont enjoy. I dislike Torghast so I dont care about Torghast achievement’s.

IF needing an achievement was required for comments why do you comment about raiding or mplus?