Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

If that’s the case, ask for better content. OP is only complaining about reward ilvls, not that the content is boring.

I don’t see the logic of what you’re saying. Open world players would’ve completed the storyline

The thing is: not that many more players have the storyline achievement than have raid/M+/ rated PvP achievements. And because of the double legendary, we can assume that basically everyone who has raid/M+/PvP also has the campaign for double legendary.

Also, ZM campaign has a higher completion rate than Korthia does

Can we please stop acting like Shadowlands is emblematic of anything other than just a really bad expansion?

The anti-flyers tell us it’s still an MMO as long as we see other people, even if we never interact with them, so as long as we see the other folks waiting for groups to fill in oribos, we’re good.

1 Like

Both of them?

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

And it was the 3 of the 4 best patches for open world gear power in the game’s history (8.2>9.1>9.2>9.0) afaik. Coincidence?

I still say what Korthia really needed was Clippy to tell people they were doing it wrong.

1 Like

A lot of people quit playing in 9.1 because of various reasons

1 Like

Dungeon currency was my favorite part of Wrath and Cata gearing.

6 Likes

Actually I didn’t are you new to this game? Blizzard has been trying to add incentives for years now and failed.

Most people don’t like to do organized content because most guilds are not flexible, forces you into a class they need etc.

Let people play the way they want to. Stop punishing people’s way that they want to do content. The best way to do that is to remove power from gear. Have the raid scale your power to a set value so everything is equal and the fights become about the mechanics and not about the ilevel

2 Likes

Yet another reason not to buy DF.

They don’t have to do this to get people to do LFR. According to ActiBlizz, the majority of the playerbase is casual players that don’t do organized raiding and a great many of these casuals only do LFR already. Trying to make out like this isn’t the case is disingenuous.

Slighting the majority of your customers is stupid. You can not force people to do something they don’t want or don’t like doing by taking away the things they like to do, they’ll just go somewhere else to get waht they want. You won’t be keeping the lights on if you drive off the majority of your customers.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

13 Likes

Must be an Alliance thing.

then get rid of open world, just have a lobby. that is the goal of this design philosophy

3 Likes

If they’re nerfing the progression speed then the Blizz devs have thrown in the towel in producing meaningful content for anyone who isn’t a meta slaving raider.

4 Likes

It is bad enough that rep gear takes too long to acquire and it is useless when available a month later or so.

Don’t make the same mistake with open world gearing.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

Yea. Well said

1 Like

Wouldn’t timeless isle mop have been better? Its been a while but between lego cloak being obtainable from lfr, celestials and ordos i remember being pretty happy as a no organized group content player? I guess i had conquest gear too but still :thinking:

2 Likes

Timeless isle would have been 2 ilvls below 9.0, at 5 ilvls below the equivilant difficulty to today’s normal, or 18 below what was called normal at the time. flex dropped 540, LFR dropped 528, normal was 553, and timeless isle gear went up to 535.

I’m only going by base ilvl here, because the raid gear could also warforge.

1 Like

Even with the celestial and ordos warforging? (I might be misremembering)

Ah gotcha