Huge nerf to solo/outdoor gear progression in DF Season 1

There won’t be. It’s why LFR is called LFR and and not normal.

In what world is that inconsistent?

Those players worked hard and earned their gear. Equality in opportunity does not mean equality in outcomes.

making gearing relevant to the content players are participating in

These two quotes you referenced are not contradictory. Open world gear is relevant for open world content which can be said for LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. Equality of opportunity means that everyone has access to all content areas. No one is gated by the game and unable to access content. The “not equality of outcomes” refers to how someone doing world quests should not have equal outcomes as Mythic raiders, Gladiators, or KSHero M+ players.

Try again with your disingenuous and bad faith gotcha argument.

Gear exists in WoW. What is your point? What is your argument here?

1 Like

As always. The catches.
Ion Hazzikostas strikes back, again.

5 Likes

That’s karma for all the complaining this expansion :joy:

Nah the game is just designed to reward gear based on difficulty.

1 Like

You could PVP just fine with questing greens and blue back in WotLk.

Now? No way because of how much importance ilevel matters to player power.

Step 1 of getting rid of rental system is a good step.

Step 2 is returning more of player power back to baseline skills and spells and not from gear.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

ZM was a nice sweet spot for outdoor gear that took a few weeks. Nothing should take months. That’s ridiculous. And people that do outdoor stuff don’t care about raids. People that do raids care about that.

I’ll do LFR but every mode needs it’s reasonable gear progression that feels good. And I feel like SL had it at the right spot.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this guy brag about doing mythic painsmith pre nerf :joy:

If the outdoor world is scaled in such a way that LFR type of gear is more than sufficient to do the content there then I am completely okay with that.

It’s when the enemies take a long amount of time to get through that I am feeling grumpy about doing it.

4 Likes

:thinking:

Patch lasts 6-8 months. Blizzard wants you to play all patch. You don’t actually enjoy the game, so therefore the gear needs to be strung out.

Casuals dropped off hard in S1 and S3. Didn’t drop off as hard in S2 which had a longer gear tail. It’s pretty much like “casual” players are complete gear addicts and will grind as long as it takes, which validates Blizzard’s decision with loot in DF to make it take months to get full Storm Sigil gear.

Your actions speak louder than your words, and the actions of casuals disagrees with your premise.

1 Like

I know you and I don’t always agree but darn man you are spot on here.

Honestly, I’m actually kinda glad that LFR might be relevant again. Because it was super boring doing dailies over and over. At least LFR has some group dynamic and it somewhat reflects the core WoW end game.

I do wish though there was a way to get some slots of raid level gear. In the old expansions there was always a rep or crafted pieces, or currency that you could save to buy gear beyond casual level of content.

3 Likes

I sort of assume there will be world bosses that can potentially help with that. They have been good in the past.

3 Likes

I have played the whole way through. So my actions don’t figure into your theory.

So this does not address me. ZM likely was not the reason that casuals dropped off hard. Everyone dropped off hard from this expac. And the biggest reason people were upset about it was the locked covenants. That they reduced restrictions on way too late.

We also have no numbers to back any drop in numbers. We don’t even know what that number is.

2 Likes

Precisely.

Scaling is the major issue.

5 Likes

PvP and world content is the only good thing about this game. Gear through pvp and enjoy your elite pvp gear out in the world, might even toggle warmode at that point who knows. Thats the “World of Warcraft” I know. Not some instance with a large group of players that is scripted where you follow simon says lol.

3 Likes

Well in PVP they made honor gear take longer to obtain and PVP participation dropped off.

Entry level PVP gear or world quest gear shouldn’t take months to obtain. It is entry level for a reason.

4 Likes

Yeah exactly. That guy thinks having everyone take longer to feel progression will retain people. When more commonly people get bored and leave.

7 Likes

Entry level PvP gear has never really taken months, though.

It takes months because for some people that’s their only progression (referencing people who only play random BGs/solo content)

I agree it shouldn’t take that long to bring honor gear.

1 Like