Hr'ing gear

Realistically, 7 hours per night is just as healthy as 8 hours.

Secondly, no, I am not ‘flexing’ that I don’t get enough sleep - my job and volunteering may conflict where I’m up at night, and then have to work early morning.

Hard Reserve is excellent. Putting together PUGs is awful, and those who want to put in the effort deserve the reward. Also, there’s no sense in half the raid all trying to converge on one item, so it splits up lockouts more effectively.

3 Likes

I’m glad most people in here have some sense.

Agree, as long as people are honest and call out the HRs up front when forming the group im good with it.

1 Like

I read the first couple lines of your post and immediately hit the like button. so before you read on, remember that’s my first and most powerful reaction…

but I should also point out that there aren’t a whole lot of options if you’re pugging. you’re limited to whatever conditions the RL sets, and it’s rarely a case of a lone RL. It’s usually something like half his guild. iunno. that was my experience in retail wrath, and it’s my guild’s experience in classic (I haven’t raided myself). the key, imo, is to join a guild that can fill enough raid spots to “sponsor” or “host” or w/e your own raid.

can’t wait till Trial of the Crusader drops and 25 melee dps need on Death’s Wish all the way through ICC tier.

You literally just described LFR. Essentially what you want is a system to force other people to let you in their raid groups. That’s what LFR is. The problem is that you then have to dramatically reduce the raid difficulty or a random group will never be able to clear it.

Lol HR’ing existed alongside RDF and LFR.

Hard reserving items existed in actual vanilla (not just classic) and will continue to exist in wrath classic even after RDF. If you think otherwise, I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

I don’t even know where to begin with your ignorance.

And you’re missing my whole point entirely.

No I’m not your point is that it exists because those are missing but that’s not true.

It would exist even with RDF. RDF wouldn’t change a thing about people hard reserving items. Neither would LFR.

The solution is simple, don’t join a group that has loot rules you don’t like. Heroic, raid, regular dungeon, world boss… it doesn’t matter if you don’t agree with what’s being advertised don’t join.

No one is forcing you to join a group that has a hard reserve on an item you need. You can wait for the next pug or start your own.

I want an automated queue system to put my group together for me, which means you did miss my point entirely.

Won’t be one for raids until cata classic. And it will be of lesser quality loot anyways.

Or you can go to retail where it’s already set up for you.

I waited for Lich King for RDF. We both know they are going to axe LFR. C’mon.

As they should.

LFR is only good for story mode raids.

Well I only really use LFR as an example and fodder for my arguments.

I don’t plan to go past Wrath so do whatever you want to Cata. Now removing LFR itself won’t hurt Cata, won’t help it either, but RDF was a defining feature from the beginning of Cata. Removing that will not go well, and I almost hope they do just to see the madness unfold.

Just like the flying fiasco, I’ll be watching from a distance when you remove RDF from Cata as I won’t be playing by then anymore and will be enjoying the rage that comes with it.

1 Like

Its messed up, I go to work but my boss has hard reserved all the money they make from our day to day sales. Sure I get paid hourly for my work but I should be able to have just as much profit as the boss. Just because they pay the bills and do all the upkeep doesn’t mean they deserve more money than me.

:angry: HRRRMPH

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it was that defining most people whined about having to find the dungeon entrance before being able to queue and that’s not even touching the complaints about cata heroics.

I’ll gladly take cata classic with no RDF and LFR.

Even the shortest of the Cata dungeons felt fairly long and timely to complete.

Couple that with having to find groups, and then have to do… the Ancient Egyptian themed one (forgot the name) …

Gonna be fun to see it all unfold.

I never tried to Put anything on HR while making groups because i’m not selfish and i believe that Hard reserve any item is the number one cause of anti social.

but this world is filled with greedy bastards and abusers so gfg

1 Like

And yet people join the HR groups anyways. People need badges, orbs, etc. I do too, so if an HR group is available and I have the opportunity to join, I will.