How's your slime cat journey?

I mean, it was worse, and unskilled players can still group up for lower difficulty stuff, they just don’t have access to good gear.

Evidently the game became too much of a game for a lot of people.

1 Like

Exactly. SO you agree with the premise of what I’m arguing.

1 Like

I’m saying that old content was easy, so to fix this they simply added higher difficulties for people who wanted a challenge, and the people who couldn’t do the newer difficulties were fine to do their low difficulties.

1 Like

At some point, through data they likely have access to, they need to say here is the spot where the majority of people just don’t have fun anymore.

And that’s the last place there should be exclusive rewards.

There will still be people that don’t get some of it. But no longer the majority.

This isn’t okay.

Well, maybe there’s tabletop dungeons and dragons, although those people never seem interested in playing with each other.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you’re saying here.

Yeah, I imagine that happens quite a bit.

1 Like

Now you’re just being insulting and I was trying to have a conversation.

I don’t have any more arguments. It’s getting toxic and cyclical.

My opinion is that there is an obvious point in the content where the majority of players fall off. And that point should be the last point where there is content other than like a leaderboard for people that want to eSport it up.

There will still be exclusives. Majority doesn’t mean everyone.

But I do think it’s important that the majority of people have access to all content within a tolerable fun level of gameplay and commitment.

1 Like

Incentives are meant to push people to try new things.

People who do world quests and expect more handouts aren’t going to have a good time.

3 Likes

There wasn’t mythic raiding because the one level of raid that was there was very difficult for players at that time. The time comittment was immense just to stay competitive in both PVE and PVP. The game is so much more casual friendly now that it was then.

It’s one hundred percent true. If you don’t believe me then pop in classic and see how easy some of those rewards were to obtain or how far you get without grouping up.

And you would lose that wager. The entire reason we have LFR and different tiers is because a large number of players were not able to see the end of the story because it’s locked behind the raid.

1 Like

But it’s not and you’ve been rude. So I’m done with this conversation.

Better luck next expansion, I suppose.

Hopefully you’ll have made a friend to play with by then.

1 Like

What slime cat journey? I stopped after 252 + two 291 leggos.

2 Likes

Possibly. I figured you for somewhere between 40-60. But you still missed the entire point of my post when you said:

There is nothing “artificial” about the number of hours in a day. I can choose to try to get better at WoW despite failing eyesight and slowing reflexes, or I can continue being a musician. There isn’t time for both, and given that, there isn’t a choice, either.

No, I don’t make my living from music (I am an artist), but I don’t “make my living” breathing, either. However, if I don’t breathe, I die. If I don’t make music, I might as well die.

I don’t care if Blizzard doesn’t make rewards for players like myself, who have limited skill and playing time. I don’t know if I would have tried to go for the slime cat if it had been doable through LFR, but I do know there’s no way I’ll be getting it through normals. I simply don’t have time to try to gear up high enough to get into groups, nor do I have the time to wait around for the groups to form. Add the fact that my playing skills may well cause wipes, hard feelings, and me getting kicked, it’s just not worth the trouble. None of that is “artificially limiting myself,” it’s recognizing facts.

4 Likes

There is nothing “artificial” about the number of hours in a day. I can choose to try to get better at WoW despite failing eyesight and slowing reflexes, or I can continue being a musician. There isn’t time for both, and given that, there isn’t a choice, either.

It is a choice, if wow were irrelevant, you can dedicate zero time to this game and spend it on more productive endeavors.

I simply don’t have time to try to gear up high enough to get into groups, nor do I have the time to wait around for the groups to form. Add the fact that my playing skills may well cause wipes, hard feelings, and me getting kicked, it’s just not worth the trouble. None of that is “artificially limiting myself,” it’s recognizing facts.

If something matters to you, you make time for it. Just like everything else in life.

Nonexistent. I found it a pretty cheap move on Blizzard’s end. I don’t do LFR anyways but I might have tried. Happy to those who got it though! :purple_heart::sparkles:

2 Likes

Annnd, that’s exactly what I said? There’s only so much time in a day, so one must choose. I choose something far more meaningful than a video game. But I’m not “artificially limiting” myself (as Raiimir claims), I’m making the choice based on the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day. (On this planet, anyway.)

1 Like

pretending that scaled up raids is “new” while actively ignoring that the outdoor zones didnt receive the same treatment. How do you even function properly? Like whats going on? Either you are just utterly confused about everything, or you are just trying to troll the thread

i really wanna add it to my collection…but I really want to NOT RAID to be able to lol…so my journey stops there, lolol

They did, they got world bosses.

You’re going to tell me how slapping a few affixes and removing about everything that makes raiding worth something is somehow just some big magical new content ?

It’s literally the same old raids, with less incentive to actually run them.

Pretty sure the person who brought up overworld content and solo players in a Slime cat thread is the one trolling.