How's your slime cat journey?

Just wanted to see how people who really wanted it, but don’t really raid are doing. Any progress?

4 Likes

I wanted it → found out it was for normal diff → said f that

32 Likes

I finished in week three. It’s an awful mount and I won’t be using it. I was more interested in the dinar for the gavel for this character who I have shelved until DF. lol

8 Likes

Ok so, I’ve ran a couple normal raids, and if this means anything, even if you die every fight from playing bad, most will not care.

I’ve come across a couple LFR only players who die or just don’t really do any meaningful dps. So you could probably manage it if you don’t mind spending some time pugging into some normal raids.

Some geared players like myself seem to still queue into normal so.

2 Likes

I havent touched SL content since before this new season launched. So… nonexistent progress.

14 Likes

I don’t find pugging to be fun so not worth my time to up my highest ilvl char etc to get it into that spot to have an easier time.

The mount isn’t enough of a hook for me to really bother to go into normal + raiding.

4 Likes

Then, how did you made your way to 60 if you haven’t touched shadowlands stuff?

1 Like

I only need Heroic FateScribe for both the title and mount. However, I don’t think I care enough to pursue it. Got my KSM mount. Good enough for me.

1 Like

The frostbrood mount is cooler

2 Likes

Apparently reading is hard.

7 Likes

Been done for a long time now, but been running every week to get friends and guildies through normal. It’s been very fun :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Even so, you don’t want an increase in item level.

1 Like

For what purpose?

Casual and outdoor players have no content in season 4. There’s no reason to gear up.

They literally left us out in the cold and made it all M+ and raiding.

33 Likes

For what? Why do i care? I’m not even playing the content right now and 250ish is more than enough for DF content.

5 Likes

Referencing Season 4, the current season. My reading is that this person played SL up to just before Season 4 launched, and has not played SL since. So consequently has not made progress to the mount.

Me - my guild ran 2 iterations of the 3 raids on Normal. I was out for 3 weeks traveling in the middle of that, but picked up the mount at the end of week 6. Haven’t ever used it tho. Or the Season 3 Mythic+ mount.

The Season 4 M+ mount has cool colors, but I just… can’t get motivated to even do M+ anymore. Even in guild runs on low keys… :frowning:

2 Likes

Hopefully, dragonflight fixes that with a better system in place for those who do want to gear via open world.

3 Likes

Exactly, everything will be changed on the first quest/dungeons, my core left during this season because there’s not a good incentive for them and not everyone have money to spare on this season, I´ve to get this slime cat with PuGs, it wasn’t a good experience.

2 Likes

I don’t need a higher ilevel from open world content. But I do need an engaging way to get there. For me, that was the Korthia system. (Though it had a few weird quirks that should’ve been addressed.) ZM was not engaging to me. The gear systems made no sense and had less choice. The ranking system to me was more engaging than a useless cypher system no one cared about with a droid I despised.

4 Likes

Normal should be enough for you if you want an easier time without dying 20 times to runes lol. It’s what I did.

1 Like

I’ll take that as you hate cute things.

1 Like