How'd ya die?

Come one and all and share your glorious (or not so glorious) death’s in hardcore!

I have 3 deaths of note to speak of.

Level 20 hunter. Died in northern barrens venture co. mines. Pulled 3 guys thought I could flee but the respawns got me.

Level 22 druid. Died in southern barrens to some dwarves. Again pulled to much, tried to flee and respawns got me.

level 32 warlock. Died to southshore guards by getting slightly too close to southshore (they didn’t like that)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Lol, I’m gonna upload some screenshots so you can see my humility.

My first character was Grainy, Tauren Hunter.

Imgur
Killing lvl 27 Isha Awak, I got cocky and got it done.

Imgur
Taming Humar the Pridelord

Imgur
This is where I died lol, doing “Avenge my Tribe” quest in southern barrens.

Imgur
Hyperspawns on top of me, no mana, pet died trying to manage spawns, I’m starting to flee here.

Imgur
No health, no mana, no pet, used my slumber sand and a target dummy, both didn’t help too much to get away, as they were ranged.

Imgur
Splat.

I got to 24 on this guy, currently playing a Troll Hunter named Food lol. Gonna just grind mobs and avoid hyperspawn areas entirely, stick near the roads, etc.

9 Likes

So far only my lvl 10 warrior died. died from trading blows should of potted but figured i could kill him. was doing 2v1 had to kill a quest mob and no other way to pull. guy ended up killing me before i got last swing in.

pretty meh death i mean i already expected to die on my warrior if any class at an earlier level.

19 druid died doing an esourt quest alone that spawns npcs. Stupid on my part…
20 priest fied to gnoles because of a panic flee to respawn situation while in a 2 man group… warrior was busy on the other side of the hill. Stupid on my part…

Died last night, level 39 hunter. Went afk for about 30 seconds in Badlands at a quest hub, ogre patrol walked by and killed him. RIP. My own fault, I failed the number one rule of Hardcore…never go AFK.

I don’t know if I have it in me to reroll another HC char right now, may check out SoD.

Level 10 Hunter; Died when taming a Level 9 Strigid Hunter and the other Level 9 Strigid Hunter next to it attacked as well!

Teldrassil is no joke, especially for some classes. The Barrow Dens are a suicide run

got too close to a pack of gnoll trappers today lvl 27, all 6 of them kept repeatedly throwing a net on me one after the other, done like dinner, died 1 lvl 27, 1 lvl 34, 1 lvl 45 now, my lvl 45 death was a dc, that stung the worst, i will try again next month, taking a break from hc.

5 Likes

just skip the barrow den and be careful with the harpies, it’s not so bad :expressionless:

“Just skipping” is for quitters! I did all those type of quests just went about them carefully.

I mean if you never take any risks on the road to 60 you will not be prepared to deal with dangerous situations. Learning your toolkit and how to deal with tense situations is imo an important lesson.

Grinding passive mobs from 1-60 doesn’t teach you anything valuable.

I agree that taking risks is important, but barrow den’s risk/reward profile ain’t worth it bro :expressionless:

Gnomer, priest was 33??

In front of the gate to the last boss.

Party member insist on going up the middle ramp to loot lockers for that one quest.

Of course we experienced people know what that means right? Yup, you guessed it, pulled the robot plainstriders and darkiron dwarfs, who run down and wipe us.

This was months ago…im still salty about that death

My highest death was 20 on a priest. On that final ramp ascent to Van Cleef, someone pulled extra packs. I dutifully healed the tank, who ran instead of establishing aggro. The mobs followed that healing threat and beat me into a pulp.

My pally is quite a bit longer lived, but had her closest call at level 25 in BFD. It was a terrible, sloppy run: two hunters with pets out, a VW warlock, and everyone “off tanking” mobs away from me, the tank. One of those mobs started running outside of HoJ range, and it pulled several extra packs. I tanked as long as I could with my heals and LoH before I had to bubble and run. We lost two.

I died by my own mistakes.

I died more times than I can remember long before the servers came out.

The most notable was when I was leaving WC. My Hearth was on CD. The hunter hit me with the ‘Just trust me bro’ to follow him out running through the monsters.

And we ran through the entire place, and I died and he lived. That was dumb on my part.

Other than that I died at hillsbrad farms town hall. Level 30 or so, it was my highest run at the time.

My buddy fell from the zeppelin outside UC once barely survived. A pure accident that made us both gasp.

I died so many times… Most of which before or around 20… luckily…? My 42 Warrior is going strong though.

I’ve died so many times I’ve lost count. The latest was my horde priest while doing the Battle of Hillsbrad quest chain where I had to kill the magistrate and councilmen. Somehow I managed to pull the entire room the moment I step in. Tried to fight but eventually got low on mana. Tried to run but mobs respawned on top of me. Feared as a last ditch effort to survive but that just pulled more mobs. RIP Déjàmorte. You died too young.

That place killed my highest warrior before this current one.

Every time we learned something. Last run I learned… Do not go in there alone.