How would you Retcon Shadowlands in a smooth way?

And who is to say what he said about wisps is wrong? Even by Danusers own language in that quote, it implies that some of the things Ta’lora says is right.

And since we have a long history of wisps being night elf souls, even directly stated in game…

Yeah I’m taking Ta’lora’s view as being correct.

danuser…and danuser clarified and admitted that all mortal souls are send to the shadowlands…so? my result of this entire fiasko of SL is, from a clearly lore perspective , that the wisp thing is not so clearly as we thought before…before shadowlands thought i aswell that all night elfs will be wisps by default…and then shadowlands happened.

and i will go now to bed, thank you for the conversation

You could at least spell wisps correctly.

All wisps are night elf souls. But not all night elf souls are wisps. That is the lore. Deal with it.

happy? i changed it, so, now, good night. and sorry, english isn´t my native language.

1 Like

Only in in post though.

Not good enough.

That is fine, but everyone else was spelling it wisp. So no idea why you would continue the “whisp”.

Right?? It’s not just me, right???

3 Likes

If its any comfort. Zerdes still flailing around :smiley:

You got owned already. Anyway, this thread is clearly not going to happen. We already know they are not retconning anything based on their latest post about cross faction.

I know you did baby. Now go be a good boy and go away.

1 Like

Yawn, that the best you got?

I took the direckters’s key, the one to the mooseum. I hid it behind the preying woman when I went out for the day trip. I picked it up but I did not steal it. I’m not a krimminal.

Maybe a smooth one perhaps? Just a bit?

A smoof wat?

A huggable smoof elf of course! hugs

1 Like

Wut? 10char

We don’t know the future. Ion said no flying in WoD.

Maybe not, but I expect the next expansion is already being made and I expect that particular comment is a hint about the future of WoW storyline. Could they still change their mind? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Real gamers know

YOU don’t know the future, Doness.

But I am the Story Forums 1000% Always Accurate Prediction Predictor of Future Story Developments.

I know the entire future of the Warcraft franchine, and you should believe that.

Alright - here we go:

• Turns out the Eternal Ones cannot die. We saw the Archon appear to be murked, only to get back up. Denathrius had to be stuck inside a sword. The Jailer kept the Primus chained up. But clearly, the Jailer’s a problem. Tossed him into WoW Superhell and that kept him busy for … however long … but it’s just kicking the can down the road. So our plucky little boar-hunting heroes use the magic reality rewriting device and unmake the Jailer.
  • Little did we know, unmaking the Jailer doesn’t just delete him. It removed him from time and space. In a flash of light, we end up back on Azeroth, but not the Azeroth we left. Instead, everything that Shadowlands (and BFA) blamed on the Jailer is undone.
  • Since Denathrius leads the Nathrezim, we still had Sargeras and the Burning Legion, but no Lich King without the Helm of Domination/Frostmourne. King Arthas Menethil is ruling in Lordaeron. Kel’Thuzad (as a human) was experimenting with Necromancy so … let’s pretend he engineered the plague and Stratholme still happened and whatever (so there’s a justifiable reason for there to be undead, though hey, still no capital city for them).
  • Still had stuff with Old Gods. Illidan’s life story changes somewhat. Ner’zul’s alive somewhere maybe. Probably some other things change too (to fill in gaps to help match gameplay, like Kel’Thuzad being responsible for the plague).

And only the folks who were there have knowledge of the original timeline (and no knowledge of the new timeline) so we’re all fish out water and the expansion starts with all of us trying to meet up and figure out what the heck just happened.

And no one else on Azeroth believes us:

“What? THE JAILER? Ha! What a stupid villain name.”

“His nipples were the size of your head? Seriously, you’re creepy.”

“Somehow they burned Teldrassil to the ground? How? It’s a giant magical tree surrounded by water.”

"That blood elf ranger general … broke the sky open … above some giant castle full of undead … after which a bunch of evil angels kidnapped our leaders … and took them to super hell … where you, random person who brought me a handful of boar carcasses, fought against the super devil … and then unmade him from existence … "

“Whoever heard of a Night Warrior? Seriously what kind of drugs have you been taking?”

3 Likes