How would you make Lightforged Warlocks make sense?

Punishment should fit the crime. The problem is, we have many innocent people in jail just because the system needed someone to pay for said crimes. Forcing people to do hard labor because they’re in jail for a low level crime is wrong. Well, forcing them to do it is wrong period

And generally speaking, poor PoC tend to suffer much harsher sentences compared to other people who comitted the same or similar crime

1 Like

I’m not talking about the unjustly punished innocents, I’m talking about the guilty. And what do you consider a low level crime?

Chris Brown is black/ a “PoC”, do you think him being sentenced to community service was too harsh, a fitting punishment or too soft a punishment for beating his girlfriend?

Back on topic, what could be done for Lightforged warlocks?

He was his own master, his scars are his to bear, his destiny is his own. Xe’ra wouldn’t take no for an answer and was forcefully Lightbounding him. Illidan had no issue working with Xe’ra, he took issue with her becoming his master. No means no and I have a feeling that Illidan wasn’t gonna be so willful if the infusion was successful.

Xe’ra was definitely in the wrong. She already had him as an ally but that’s not what she wanted. She wanted a Lightbound subordinate on accordance to the vision she saw.

1 Like

Make their demons lightforged. Problem solved

Being one’s own master doesn’t always apply. Should a criminal avoid arrest and punishment because “they’re their own master” or “their destiny is their own”? Would you accept that excuse to let off someone who robbed or beat you?

Obsessing over scars is unhealthy. It may be a child’s movie, but Kung Fu Panda 2 had a mature message about how unhealthy it is to obsess over your scars (refusing to let go of their scars led to the villain’s death; scars fade).

Her vision and his goals were the same. And he would’ve still had his will. Turalyon went through the same process and still disagreed with Xe’ra and challenged her afterwards. Also, there is no “Lightbounding”, just Lightforging, and that doesn’t control people. I’ve addressed this question so many times to others, it’s more debunked than vampires. I’m just going to link this thread from now on.

She disagreed with his methods and Illidan is clearly a dangerous loose cannon. Even if she wasn’t right, she had a point.

If they could Lightforge demons to get them to serve, why bother with fel at all? Because Lightforging doesn’t work that way.

And what about the rest of what I said in that comment? About Chris Brown? Punishing DV with community service?

None of that matters. Your examples don’t apply. Illidan is his own person, a free person. Maiev chasing him was just her being crazy. If a person says no, it means no. Xe’ra crossed the line trying to force herself and her vision onto him.
Or are you saying that former convicts that did their time and were release no longer have a say in their own autonomy?

1 Like

I don’t want to derail the thread further. So in fairness, can we stick to the topic?

Doesn’t change the fact that all warlock magic corrupts. We have multiple documented cases of lore that prove this.

So even if they managed to lightforge all their demons, they’d still be using warlock magic, so they’d still get corrupted and then ultimately devolve into Broken within a year.

None of that matters. Your examples don’t apply.

Illidan forced himself on Akama more than Xe’ra ever did to him. Does “no mean no” for Akama? Illidan himself said “sometimes the hand of fate must be forced”, sounds like Xe’ra agreed with him on that.

If that criminal’s time is a life sentence, does them saying no or saying “they’re their own person” mean they should be let off?

I suspect you’re avoiding my question, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. What else can be said about Lightforged warlocks?

For the hundredth time, we know warlocks can also use blood magic, fireland magic and void to the same thing as fel without the effects

Can those other types of magic control demons in WoW?

I already told I’m not derailing the thread further. Move on already

As far as we know, the only thing Xe’ra tried to do was force an enhancement into Ilidan’s body, as there is no evidence that he would be mind-controlled.

Illidan, a villain, who during his life tortured, enslaved, threatened and killed practically everyone around him.

I don’t understand these conversations in which I see the defense of a villain, to the detriment of a heroine who committed a single dubious act and fully justifiable by her story.

1 Like

Yes. We have examples of it in the warlock order hall, where one of the warlock npcs uses bloodstones/blood magic to bind demons

Xe’ra is not a hero. She’s a glorified cult leader

Nice to see someone else who realizes that. You have no idea how much flak I’ve gotten on the forums for pointing that out.

To be fair, a lot of them also complain about Xe’ra threatening to kill, then compromising and imprisoning Alleria for her Void use… but that’s on a ship Xe’ra herself owns, so I think it’s fair for her to be able to make the rules on her own ship. And not telling Turalyon that Naaru can turn void. Still a far cry from the Burning Legion, Deathwing, Azshara or Garrosh.

And we’ve had characters do much more than that and still be heroes.

That’s still three dubious acts compared to millennia of valor. And you’re absolutely right about Illidan.

What are your requirements to consider someone a hero? Besides, Xe’ra still has less crimes to her name than Illidan.

And for the hundredth time Blizzard has made it clear that it is the manner in which the magic is summoned, not the source, that causes the corruption.

Shadow magic is just that, shadow magic. If it was the source of the magic that was corrupting then we’d see Shadow Priests faced with warlock style corruption, along with Fire Mages and Shamans.

But we don’t see that. Why? Because the way the magic is called is what causes the corruption. Warlocks make dark pacts to use their magic, this is confirmed, it’s not contestable.

Well it is contestable because the warlock order hall literally tells us they can use other sources of magic to simulate the same affects without the corruption

Less crimes or not, VELEN himself said she was in the wrong. Easy, not forcing one’s cult like beliefs on others for starters

Xe’ra was still morally better than Illidan, so why is she more reviled than him?

Illidan himself was a cult leader; taking over the Black Temple, the Illidari are a cult of personality (named after him, “Illidan knows the way”…) and he forced Akama to serve much more harshly than what she tried to do to Illidan.