How would you feel if they changed the Manual Crowd Pummeler to not have charges but a CD instead?

You can make the whole “but they might not have known about it” argument of a lot of things in this game though.

and forget “Ferals have to go above and beyond in farming MCPs”. There are setups like Prot Paladin that are just going to be laughed at if they want to raid by most guilds.

They don’t even get a low level consumable that they can farm to become viable. They have to hope that spamming Greater Blessing of Kings isn’t fixed and even that wont make most raids accept them.

So who gets to determine the line of what’s “too unreasonable” for needing to farm a bunch of mats for raiding?

Comparing an explicitly used class mechanic that is present from low levels onwards and can be farmed from any level relevant content, to an obscure level 30 item is just a tad disingenuous, don’t ya think?

I think your entire argument in this thread is disingenuous, but so what? It’s a ridiculous thread with ridiculous proposed solutions under a ridiculous assumption that a problem exists.

In what way? Your previous argument amounts to “But who cares, man?” Uh, maybe the people that are expected to farm this nonsense? Spoken like a true warrior player.

Actually most druids won’t even bother with this mace because you don’t need it what so ever at 60. People need to stop asking for unnecessary changes.

1 Like

Mehhhh…not really

Great. More disingenuous arguments.

Right. What is this problem we speak of? Who cares about it? Do you? Are you playing a feral druid and expecting a spot in a raid group that is expecting you to farm an item that for some reason you don’t want to farm, but you insist on going for a raid spot as a feral druid? Is that your situation?

This reasonable comment is in my opinion the only comment in this thread worth reading.

1 Like

Forgive me for having empathy for people playing feral. I did back in the day and know what this farming amounts to. I say spoken like a true warrior player because most people I see posting tactless statements about other player’s time commitments on these boards come from classes that are shielded from such drudgery. As an aside, you seem like exactly the type of poster who would be flaming me for not wanting to commit any time for my class, if I were playing a feral druid in classic.

I mean not really…sure MCP are more tedious to farm and more of an obscure min max thing but they both are things you will have regularly if you want to raid on Warlock or Feral respectively.

Same thing for Mage…if you hating making a million water before every raid don’t play Mage.

Players are aware of mage water being a thing early on. Same with shard mechanics for warlock. Would you care to point me to the MCP class ability for feral? Neither of them are even close to the same amount of time commitment as farming that item, btw, having done all three. MCP farming sits at the, in my opinion, unacceptable crossroads of obscure, mandatory time sink and lack of level appropriate content/reward .

Cut your losses and move on. Nobody is required to play feral and farm MCP’s…if you want to min max at 60, thats on you to farm them, but realistically if you are min/maxing you probably aren’t even playing feral. The people that are hardcore into maxing their feral dps will not have a problem with farming them when needed.

1 Like

Players are aware of mage water being a thing early on. Same with shard mechanics for warlock. Would you care to point me to the MCP class ability for feral? Neither of them are even close to the same amount of time commitment as farming that item, btw, having done all three. MCP farming sits at the, in my opinion, unacceptable crossroads of obscure, mandatory time sink and lack of level appropriate content/reward .

I mean, you’re right. You’re also wasting your time arguing with people that don’t, and probably never will, understand why having your spec be so reliant on farming a random low level boss drop like that is such a broken mechanic.

K but I also get guild banks, AoE loot, removed elites, LFD, pet duels, draenei, personal loot, and WoD too and just like the current expansion, I want my WoD to be completely meaningless, as if I’m just watching it from an airplane window on my way to level cap.

I also wouldn’t mind the mount store perks. I want them to look like they can do things, but can’t, because I obviously didn’t spend enough time getting stuck in quirky terrain and they need to be so awesome that one has no choice but to wonder why it’s even in this game, like a dump truck that shoots missiles. No context. No lore. Just a flying. dump. truck. with. missiles.

(that doesn’t fly)

You aren’t getting the part where the random low level boss drop existing saves your spec from being bad.

Yes it’s annoying to farm but would you rather it didn’t exist and you be Enh or Boomkin level DPS with no way to increase it?

https:// en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Slippery_slope

The thing is that’s how it was in Vanilla.

There are plenty of mechanics in Classic that are kind of broken. Some of those broken mechanics don’t even have a solution like farming a low level dungeon and you simply have to deal with it being broken.

The point, even according to Blizzard, was to get it as authentic as possible.

Right now the game isn’t an exact copy sure but once that door is open to intentional changes from the playerbase, that door is open to all of them.

and that might include more than “let’s fix MCP so builds that rely on it don’t have to farm gnomer”.

That’s why so many of us are against changes, even if Classic isn’t a perfect replica right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

If a small alteration to a single item would make any of the “non-viable” raid specs viable, I’d wholeheartedly suggest that it be done. Feral just happens to be in that unique position. TBH, it doesn’t even alter their viability. Just the level of hair pulling and wrist slitting on the part of the player.

Haha well played. I admit, I got about two sentences in before I wrote you off. However, my response to you definitely applies to the guy who followed. He’s 100% serious.