How to you actually submit a support ticket?

If my issue doesn’t fit into a bucket, I cannot submit anything. Am I supposed to use an inappropriate category to try and get something submitted?

Snooping around, a user had to make this convoluted guide on how to game the system: How to open a ticket - #2 by Vanndrel-wyrmrest-accord

Are you kidding me?

Here is my issue:

Classic Era Free Character Transfer has been stuck for months (Deviate Delight to Whitemane) for two characters (on my WoW5 account).

If you can help resolve, great.

What I would also like for you to do is explain in detail how I was supposed to submit that ticket in-game. It almost seem purposely convoluted to discourage support tickets.

1 Like

No, do not use any “guide” to game the system. That is a path to: 1. not getting your issue resolved, and 2. possibly getting actioned.

Purchase Failure. You may need to hit “I still need help” once or twice, but you’ll get there.

Also, I wouldn’t use the term “stuck”. That will probably be misinterpreted as a much different issue.

6 Likes

Then that usually means you’re wanting to inquire about something that a game master isn’t going to be able to help with. Sometimes it’s just a matter of not knowing what your category genuinely fits into.

Could you clarify whether you’re attempting to transfer those characters or if they’re currently processing mid-transfer? Whitemane shows as not currently accepting free transfers and I’m not sure how long its been that way. You’ll likely need to utilize the Purchase Failure option to have a game master reverse it if they’re already in progress.

5 Likes

And yet, you’re suggesting that I use an incorrect category (which asks things like Payment Type and Order Number), which is clearly not the correct category.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I will wait for a Bliz rep to suggest how I should proceed in their system.

I initiated the transfer probably half a year ago. The more recent Whitemane transfer bug happened a few weeks ago (much later than my issue).

Reversing the transfer is not an acceptable solution since I already transferred the rest of my characters to Whitemane.

It’s a transfer where the cost is $0. It is actually the correct step. It gets your ticket seen by those who handle transfer issues.

Here’s a Blue post confirming it.

12 Likes

Ok thanks all.

2 Likes
  1. Try starting your own thread, as this one is already marked as resolved since the OP’s issue is resolved.
  2. Please don’t use masked profanity in your posts. Might seem minor to you, but it is against the rules.
  3. If you make your own thread, you’re likely to get lots of help from the regulars here, as well as possible help from an SFA (Support Forum Agent), and in the end, a resolution.

Good luck.

5 Likes

It honestly really isn’t that difficult when you’re looking for assistance with something they can help with. You just need to know what to look for, such as updating your phone number.

Agree to disagree, I suppose. It was abused for all manner of things it wasn’t intended for. Bringing back phone callback once things settle back to normal again? Sure. But again that would require needing assistance for something it’s intended for.

6 Likes