How to wipe out the High Elves

It doesn’t have to be just Dark Na’aru. Alleria has a LOT of Void Power canonically before she absorbs the Na’aru. It’s even why Xe’ra imprisons her.

So they don’t have to explicitly get it from a Darkened Na’aru’s heart. That was her just dealing with the Na’aru and empowering herself further.

Before the Storm, A Thousand Years War, and I think maybe Shadows Rising even, touch on the Void stuff Alleria has been doing off screen, and before she took the Na’aru heart.

They did say this. At least about Dwarves and Trolls. Saying they wanted players to get to be Sand Trolls or Wildhammer Dwarves. So if you pick those options, do Exile’s Reach. That way you can be a Sand Troll for instance. Instead of doing the 1 - 10 Jungle Troll experience as a Darkspear.

It was actually mentioned by Ely Canon in relation to the Void Elves.

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Thanks for the source.

But it’s also worth mentioning, that they said initially Void Elves were going to be like Worgen. Where they’d look like High Elves, and just transition into a Void State either during combat, or at random intervals in combat.

But they felt it would be unfair to give the Alliance two races that did that, while the Horde had none.

Which led to them ultimately making them Blueberry.

1 Like

I was refering to a different interview but im currently unable to find it.
Knowing fen he probably has it bookmarked somewhere though haha

1 Like

Fen probably has more bookmarks to information than a library :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Jokes, but yeah, maybe Fen might have the information. He does keep pretty good track of these sort of stuff.

2 Likes

You’ve activated my trap card!

My blood elf thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t resist

2 Likes

Interesting, I didnt know that.

Wish horde has some transforming races.

1 Like

I’m thinking some toxic gas from Gnomeregan into the High Elves face cream…

I was looking for a good gif for it but I was on my phone and it failed for whatever reason.

Thank you for the assist. Lol

1 Like

The only ones I’ve ever really seen, beyond the thread Fen shared. Are ones asking for Druids, Shamans, or thematic things like tameable Hawkstriders.

As an admitted Elf lover, some of those threads I’ve also made, granted 9/10 times until VERY recently.

Asking for a Belf Druid or Shaman, no matter the lore reason, got shat on.

So I mean, these forums just love to crap on anything Elf really, regardless of which Elf would get what.

Only thing I can even say remotely in the favor of the thread crappers, is that SOME of the Elf posters in here, espeacially those who still think High Elves should be thier own AR slot, instead of just letting Void Elves have a toggle. Go VERY unhinged. So those people are probably just tired of dealing with the unhinged ones, and assume that anyone wanting Elf stuff, is also unhinged.

Not a fair assumption, but like I get it at the same time.

1 Like

I would buy sooo much of that cream, if it were real, assuming it wasn’t covered in Gnomer gas that is, lmao

Well you’re already green so it shouldn’t impact your complexion too much… lol

1 Like

I think the only one they said would not outright be shared is DH. The rest will have combinations opened up. Dracthyr is getting other classes, might get other visages. People crapping on any race/class combo are just not in line with what Blizz has planned.

2 Likes

They’ve Demon Hunters, PROBABLY wouldn’t be opened up. But that Evokers for sure would stay exclusive to Dracthyr.

I agree, but to be fair, a lot of the hate on Belf Druids and Shaman was happening years, and I do mean years, before Blizz started to open things up again with DF.

But I’ve always found it to be stupid. There are NPCs that do things outside of their race all the time. Heck, Belf Shamans were in Cata even as enemies.

But most importantly. We are the CHAMPIONS, one of 13 (each class has like 1 non-described person that is canon to lore) who have done amazing feats, like stopping Sargeras, or N’zoth, or the Lich King, or etc. Why couldn’t we, as unique as we are, break our racial society’s norm and be say a Night Elf Paladin, or an Orc Druid. Ya know?

2 Likes

Never happen. More likely story is the fel addicts become withered, and are no longer a race.

Yeah they’d still remain Dracthyr even if they gave them visage forms. Because they are still dragons.

Yeah I know but it’s still going on. Even despite Blizz saying, the lore doesn’t matter, player characters as they are aren’t in lore, so we are just giving people what they want to have their characters how they vision them. And people still bring up lore as a reason not to do it.

And part of it I get it, it’d be nice to have a lore reason. But again they don’t consider us part of the lore. Just a non-descript hero.

Yep and NPCs like Nelf Shamans get added. Blizz can change things at any time. Hell they’ve retconned things outright. They do what they want.

For sure. It’s way more plausible to me that there’d be people who go against the norm than have entire races of people who do the exact same thing and never differ.

1 Like

Withered are nightborne unable to feed their addiction to the Nightwell.

Wretched are the blood/high elves that have overindulged on mana through any means, be that arcane or fel or any other power.

1 Like

Thank you. Bees and wasps are both black n yellow and stingy.

1 Like

That’s more headcanon than actual canon.

• The Blood Elves had green eyes due to minor radiation – which can wear off, it’s not a permanent effect that envolops their being or changes them forever like the orcs who drank the fel-blood.

Why doesn’t my Blood elf have a entropic embrace or void customisations then? :thinking:
— Oh right, they’re a different race.

Blood Elves & High Elves are political differences only.
Void Elves compared to the two above however, have a literal cosmic alteration.