How to Fix the Ashenvale issue Fairly for Both Factions

Questing balance.

In the above scenario, the Horde would be losing access to Ashenvale. We’ve already seen the effects of sides losing zones with little compensation before, and it just doesn’t feel good.

I’d also personally feel that hefty revamps on both zones would make up for the shift in questing direction. Those Cataclysm era zones desperately need it, especially now after all this.

I’d call this swapping hands of two nearby zones more or less fair to the playerbase and palatable to the current story, if we’re trying to move forward without leaving more bad tastes in mouths.

1 Like

alleria is wrong nathanos says otherwise

bahahaha

Katiera: New lore/story content is not correct. Only things I like are correct.
:joy:

2 Likes

The war has proven costly and our ranks have been steadily depleted. But the Horde is nothing if not strong. Each and every citizen of Orgrimmar is worth ten Alliance weaklings on the battlefield. Rally the citizens and form a militia! Remind them of their slain brothers and sisters!

I literally posted the quest and source here, its is new lore lol

It’s not newer than Alleria.
:kissing_heart:

yeah it is lol its the loyalist side of the same patch KEK

wheres your cute emotes now :rofl:

isnt important anymore, since you level from 1 to max with one xpacs content
edit I should say as important it depends how they would do a future update of course

Right here. :kissing_heart:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Valley_of_Trials
All orcish citizens (and probably troll, for that matter) are actually soldiers.

*edit: Excepting peons, i guess.

If you say so haha bravo use those child soldiers you do guldan proud

You don’t recruit any children.
Would someone really do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

1 Like

I mean your telling lies, nothing in the thing you posted says that all horde civilians are soldiers

Just came into this thread and noticed it’s another garbage battleground of speculative opinions taken as fact.

Edit: As for OP, I like the idea. But one thing that bothers me is the idea that night elves can’t fight without forest. Their campaign in the Broken Isles(wc3), Suramar and Lordaeron explicitly suggests otherwise. I don’t think they should stop at Ashenvale for the reason described, rather they create their own border with impenetrable greenery infused with Elune magic. If you still want to play the scorched earth tactic for the orcs, you can have them dump blight in certain parts before they leave to slow down the incoming night elves.

6 Likes

That’s true, but there will still be people that’ll harp on about it regardless. Besides, in that scenario it’d give an excuse to update more than one zone while servicing the story. In my eyes, when one faction makes a move on the map, a point of interest should be how the other faction responds.

I’m sure there are better solutions out there, but that’s just how I’d attempt to approach it.

What.
The valley of trials is the coming of age test for orcs.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d be fine with just givin’ it back to the Night Elves. The Horde has the Nightborne who literally grow trees with the Arcane. If the Horde needs lumber, they can call up Suramar to teleport in a cargo ship’s worth of lumber.

I hate it that Blizzard gives the Horde new playable races that have resources and technology that can solve most of their resource problems… and then never uses 'em. Give me my Iron Horde train from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff already.

3 Likes

The fun Gobbo zone.

They should do more things with the zone though.

The winners/losers can be argued. What was the main goal of the Horde? We know that Sylvanas and the Horde in general had two different goals in mind. Sylvanas wanted death to all, the Horde wanted peace and security.

Ashenvale can also be argued. Both factions drafted a treaty, but both sides also have to agree to its contents. The Horde stills has its claws and teeth. They can agree or disagree to any demand. When it comes to fairness it seems like it can only be established through use of arms.

I think Feralas was a product of its time. The Horde couldn’t cut down lumber from Feralas because there was no safe land route to get it to Orgrimmar. Northern Feralas is held by the Nelfs, and ferrying the wood from 1k through the Southern Barrens was out of the question because it’s a warzone.

Ashenvale is a river away.

I should.

Blizzard just likes framing Ashenvale because it’s land both sides care about.

Hot take. I should of mentioned this earlier.

Ashenvale has cultural and historical connections to the Horde because it’s where Grom preformed a Jesus to free the Orcs from the Legion’s influence. It’s so important that the Horde had built a monument in his name. Horde pilgrims venture into Ashenvale to honor the Horde’s Hellscream.

My issue with it isn’t even resources. It’s class-five stupid to let the enemy build up at your main capital’s backdoor. That isn’t self preservation, that’s offering the Horde up to the Alliance.

4 Likes

post the line that says all orcs, trolls and tauren, goblins and every other race that lives in org

I never made that claim.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And the way of Amadis, you go.

build a wall jesus