How To Fix Cataclysm

Besides how you feel about the WotLK changes, Cataclysm is the real looming problem in Classic’s future.

What would you exclude, or include, to make Cataclysm attract the Classic core?

i would actually try to get fans of the father

They should steer away from making future Classic expansion releases IMO. Most of the community was generally expecting them to wrap it up after the original trilogy, pre-remaking of Azeroth I think.

What they should do I think for people who have the itch to play previous expansions content is to TOTALLY overhaul the timewalking system on retail. Some way of maybe even allowing your character to go and exist in a version of the game where the gear used is earned from Catacylsm’s content, but also scale the content to be challenging for current max level class design / talents etc.

It would almost be like a Blizzard-sanctioned version of the community “project 70” style guilds and stuff. Almost like you timewalk into another dimension. Would be cool to walk around seeing people wearing Cata gear and stuff. I think this is more of a numbers scaling issue than anything, there would be work to do in terms of reward structure and a little bit of server engineering but I assume most of that pales in comparison to figuring out the math and #'s balance with stats and bosses etc.

6 Likes

by skipping the entire expac and going straight to MoP.

10 Likes

We already have transmog.

I did a whole thing of how I think we could have Classic+ after Wrath split into an alternative timeline while re-using alot of Cata assets here:

basically.

3 Likes

I’d disable it in a perfect world but I still think if you had people playing Cata tomorrow you’d see a bunch more firelands andy’s walkin around with mog off.

1 Like

Define the Classic core.

Interpret it as Blizzards definition, whatever that may be.

remake the deathwing fight

2 Likes

Cata Classic would be a mistake. If they truly desire to continue classic after WotLK, then they need to create some kind of alternate timeline where the game avoids Cata and goes in a direction that doesn’t suck.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what that means :slight_smile:

Won’t be a Cataclysm Classic I don’t believe… I cannot find the interview now but I’m sure others can. It’s been stated that the classic games were designed around a “Trilogy”. Blizzards own words not mine.

In that statement it was revealed that the classic games would end with Wrath. Now before I get flamed to death I understand how ambiguous they can be and how money/demand can reverse all…

But why would they put more resources into the classic games after wrath when even retail Cata was considered a flop?

im pretty sure blizz said they were not going to go to cataclcysm for classic.

2 Likes

It would be ok. Not bad just overshadowed like all wow expansions until legion. As such even if there was a demand for it, there would be a risk that cata era might not happen. Any talk of cata would also be a problem as even if you want cata, which I do, we would only want it if we get wrath era servers. When they release cata it will be overshadowed and people will play wrath and they will just keep it and maybe take a step back and release tbc era when it is no longer seen as a waiting room.

Won’t be one so don’t need to worry…

1 Like

Cata is WoW at its absolute peak. I wouldnt change anything. Its the perfect iteration of WoW. Replaying through Vanilla & TBC again only solidified my opinion.

3 Likes

Lol you didnt see the rage when mage tower came out lol???

Who that actually matters was raging about that?? Mage Tower comeback had huge demand. Social media (or at least people who FOLLOW the WoW page) is not the majority WoW audience. I think the biggest issue is that it was a limited time re-release no??