How to counter a ret in PVP now?

How bout don’t face tank a paladin? There’s a recipe to kill rets that’s been around for YEARS. slow… kite… damage. 1 on 1 you can stay so far from a ret the can barely scratch you… FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

6 Likes

Having fun with the brawl this week eh.

This might be a controversial take, but I think the only way you will be able to beat a Ret now, is if you actually outplay them. That’s right, as opposed to just bullying the Ret with a class that is designed better/overall stronger, you can’t just pretend he’s not there anymore. You know, using a CD or CC when you hear a horn go off from your addon’s that alerts you when he pops wings.

9 Likes

Wait, wait…

You’re actually asking other classes to be reasonable in their assessment of us and to come to a logical solution to deal with the situation? Concerning us Ret paladins???

LOL!!! You crack me up…

9 Likes

Ya, it’s silly I know. Very inconsiderate of us Paladins to want to be able to compete on an even or level playing field.

8 Likes

Exactly. What the hell were you thinking? To compete on an even field now is totally alien to them.

Watch yourself next time when you try to bring logic into the situation…

1 Like

I realize you are (probably) making a joke but in case you were being serious and meant I was referring to Comp Stomp then no. This was against real players in Deepwing Gorge, not AB.

It was just a joke.

Obviously there will be a lot of Rets now, FOTMrerollers aside, there were a lot of Ret mains waiting for this rework.

About Dmg, yeah i won’t deny, Ret dmg is strong now, and dmg helps, but many classes can do way more dmg thn ret in bgs, i’m playing BGs all day and i constantly see MM hunters/Destro locks on Top dmg and kills way ahead of Rets.

I think the problem is that people are so used to just run through Ret pallys or ignore them, outside of wings, that now that they pose a challenge people don’t know what to do and are losing their minds.

Give it sometime and people will figure out how to deal with them.

4 Likes

Preach da word, brother.

3 Likes

Wings lasts 24 seconds every 1min.

Which spec has that many CDs!?

^ this is the way.

Or better yet, reroll to ret. Which I did and got to level 60 last night. I am doing my part. If everyone is ret, something will have to be done.

Sure, we have a bit more bite (maybe) and we can survive .05 seconds longer, but we still have the same weaknesses. CC when we pop wings, lolkite us, spam dispel our, like, everything, and watch us slooooooowly crawl our way towards you while we try to hit you with our FV or maybe throw one (1) judgement hammer at you at 30yds.

Yeah, it’s not hard to kill a Ret. We’re just slightly less of a “lol just train the Pally, bro” option now.

6 Likes

Yeah, rename the game and call it “World of RetCraft.”

Or “By The Light.”

Or…

Wings lasts 24 seconds every minute! Are there any 24 sec CD chains I am unaware of? Ones that can happen every minute?

Flagged for trolling.

Purge?
/char

Purge wings? I wish lol

Arms has Avatar, on 1.5 min for 20 sec

Same burst, more mobilty, more control.

MS and better execute. Literally where the term execute came from, their ability.

New is always scary, but rogue, mage, warr, hunt have been good for years. Ret sees the sun for once since Wrath, and people cry, because they arent an auto target kill in RSS.

9 Likes

It’s fine. I am a ret main now.

Ret needs buffs! I need all the help I can get!

1 Like

The amount of delusion and victim complex from rets in this thread is staggering.

2 Likes

Is there a chance you can respond to my point, with a logical counter?

2 Likes