How to actually "Redeem" the Horde

He himself doesn’t view his actions as selfish, true.

Holy moley

1 Like

If Sylvanas had given into revenge immediately, the Horde and Alliance would’ve been at eachother’s throats instead of working together. Legion wins. Every soul on Azeroth is enslaved or destroyed.

4 Likes

Wow, everyone should thank Sylvanas for her benevolent stewardship of the sanctity of Azeroth’s souls

They should at least thank her for caring more about them than Genn did.
:smirk:

10 Likes

Given the circumstances doe he have to be?

Actually if you played Horde side it IS directly mentioned that the Alliance had lost the Human King and were blaming the Horde for their loss.

Yes. Because Anduin specifically says “don’t fight them unless there’s cause to.”

That’s great but Anduin never mentions it and Genn himself admits he has no evidence for cause to attack Sylvanas, he’s just going to do it anyway.

1 Like

So you choose to attribute his actions to some unknown reason as opposed to the reason Genn himself states are his motivations?? Simply because reason he states are said an hour after he launched his initial assault?

1 Like

Using this logic, any reason or argument Sylvanas uses for her plans and actions can not be attributed as the motivations for said plans and actions unless she states them within the allowed time limit. Which appears to be within an hour.

1 Like

We were discussing reasons for the fight in Stormheim. We’re given the reasons from Anduin, Genn, and Admiral Killhorde: There are none, Genn just wanted to kill Sylvanas. Him stating “Muhh Variannnn” later doesn’t change that we were present for the formation of said plans, and Varian is not mentioned. Anduin said not to attack unless it’s necessary.

Genn decided it was necessary to fulfill his need for revenge.

4 Likes

I know. Im just saying that logic should apply to all other characters aswell. Like the reason why Sylvanas burn the tree down was to kill hope as she directly stated in the cinematic. Any new reason she says later like Sylvanas arguing free will doesn’t exist or the afterlife needs to be reformed doesn’t change the fact that we were present for burning of Teldrassil and these things are not mentioned as the reasons. Until they are after the fact.

But the reveal specified that her reason was to generate a crapton of death for the Jailor, an agenda that started before Wrathgate.

It was stated that the burning was never part of the original plan, which had only Malfurion dying and the tree taken hostage.

Even if that is the case (and it is) the Legion winning does not afford Zovaal the souls he needs, because the Legion claims every single one.

6 Likes

That was the claim she made.

However a later Word of God reveal has told us that she fully intended to Burn the Tree no matter how things had turned out.

Playing ff14 (in Shadowbringers atm its fun and great) made me curious if WoWs lore would be better if it started treating the PC as the protagonist…

2 Likes

I’m toying around with the free re-trial again but I have to admit, I’m not feeling the draw back to it quite as strongly the third time around. At least they don’t lock classes off to you based on race. I know they kinda can’t, due to the class change mechanic, but at least it’s something.

The actions are not in his orders which is why Anduin rebuked him.

His reasons were irrelevant. His reasons were not the mission he was sent on.

You seem to think that because he yelled “for Varian” after he had already gone against his orders, that it suddenly retroactively became part of his orders, even though he is rebuked for it.

11 Likes

Im not saying Varian was a part of the orders Anduin gave him, he clearly wasn’t. I’m saying Varian dying at the broken shore due to perceived betrayal by the Horde was a reason why Genn internally decided that attacking the Horde was “necessary” no matter what happened.

1 Like

He would’ve said “Varian made this necessary” instead of “I’m just going to attack her anyway.”