How to actually "Redeem" the Horde

And you seem to forget what constitutes textual proof.

Hint: It’s not the same as a plausible reading.

ETA: But also, see my next response.

She does use the attack on her in Stormheim as one of the points convincing Saurfang to start the war of thorns, with having Genn, a trusted advisor of the High king attacking the Horde fleet in Stormheim and the Warchief (Sylvanas), and then him not being reprimanded by the Alliance.
Sylvanas does also not use any Horde troops for her own quest in Stormheim once there since she goes off on her own, while the Horde troops have to deal with the hostile Alliance troops while securing the zone and the other shenanigans they actually came there for.

I agree with this, doing it during a time of supposed “truce” when the world is invaded with a demon invasion is the worst time, and is what gave Sylvanas the justification to get Saurfang on board of the war of thorns.
However by sheer luck Genn managed to stop Sylvanas from enslaving the Val’kyr, which we still are not fully sure what she intended to do with, but it could not have been good.

As you say - it is inconclusive.

Sylvanas says she wanted to empower the Forsaken. Could she have made them a force to match the Jailer and the Primus? Could she have made the Forsaken the marvel of Maldraxxus?

We may never know.

5 Likes

You consider the Primus to be the same megathreat as the Jailor?

::He would look at Jaina.::

No.
https://imgur.com/a/UmdX7lp
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Having slept on it, I realize this exchange is snippier than I meant to get. How about if we just agree to disagree?

fine with me.

1 Like

/offtop

A minor addition.

The problem with all of the stuff said in “Good War” is that “Before the Storm” exists.

In this book there is the scene, where Anduin gives the order to Genn and Turalyon to not attack in the face of the provocation, unless the alliance forces are attacked directly.

And the did not. And it should’ve been know to Varok. But I guess continuity is not that relevant to the dev team, so the evidence of how empty this whole “what if” scenario might be ignored, just like “I did not was to be the warchief” inner monologue.

gl hf

3 Likes

Not at all.

I just mean, if Sylvanas had her own Valkyr Factory, and had an undying powerful army of Forsaken, her newly empowered Forsaken might have been a match for either the Jailer or the armies of Maldraxxus. Not that the Primus is an equal threat.

If her goal was truly to empower and save the Forsaken with control of the Valkyr, she may have turned on the Jailer sooner, had she been successful.

People say her getting control of the Valkyr is certainly bad… but her losing the chance of getting the Valkyr might have pushed her into more desperate choices. We still don’t know what her bargain with Helya was. It could be that since Genn stopped her, she had to fall back on the terms of the deal.

3 Likes

His orders read “not to attack unless it became neccessary” And Greymane outright tells you “that it had better become neccessary. I don’t track my prey without intending to kill it.”

1 Like

That was in Legion. Then goes BtS. Then Goof War. Reconstructing those events - a matter of preference / interpretation given the lack of consistency. One can say that after what you quotet, Anduin talked to Genn and since BtS he actually followed that order.

Wouldn’t be any more odd than the re-telling of the Saurfang story, but now instead of him figuring things out himself, with added

Anduin Wrynn: I set you on this path.

© Before the Gates of Orgrimmar

gl hf

That… doesn’t negate my point at all. Stormheim canonically takes place before the end of the Rogue Order Hall chain. The reason there was any consideration at all as to hitting Sylvanas was because there was the assumption of war.

1. Dreadlord replaces Shaw, because he is the worst spy ever.

2. FakeShaw informs the Alliance about the demonic activity on the Broken Shore, downplaying the strength of the force.

3. Both factions get overwhelmed, Horde is forced to fall back, making it look like a double-cross on their part, thus fraying the peace.

4. The leadership of the Alliance believes they’re at war with the Horde, especially Genn (“I knew we couldn’t trust her!”). This means he’s primed to attack which is something he likely would not have done had there been a ceasefire. This is evidenced by how he willingly withdrew at SoO even though he had a prime chance to strike.

5. Rogue Order hall completes, Shaw is revealed to be a dreadlord. Both Sylvanas and Genn, and Anduin, have people within the Uncrowned, the Uncrowned council at that, who would report these events to them. This means the entire catalyst for them being at war again was the result of the Legion setting them up at the Broken Shore.

6. Stormheim is written off, and clearly Sylvanas thought as such because she allowed Liadrin to take a force of blood elves over to Suramar to fight alongside the night elves.

7. The incident is never brought up again barring the one novella, being used as a justification to attack… the race that didn’t have any forces present at the attack at all.

Also you clearly didn’t read my entire post because I did mention Jaina. At least make sure you’ve gone over the whole thing before doing your pithy one-liner replies.

4 Likes

Is it bad this is where my mind went?

4 Likes

Not really, since I think a voice actor from that show has worked in this game.

I was more of a Darkwing Duck / Duck Tales kid.

1 Like

No it wasn’t. Anduin specifically says not to start anything unless the situation calls for it. Genn states the situation will call for it because he is not about to hunt prey for no reason.

Stop lying. I provided screenshots with the truth of the matter. You’re destroying your own credibility.

https://imgur.com/a/UmdX7lp

14 Likes

Sylvanas Windrunner has been at war with the Alliance since Warcraft 3 and never stopped being at war with them, only using membership in the Horde as diplomatic cover to avoid retaliation.

Genn and Rogers were simply acknowledging that self-evident reality and I’m glad they did, otherwise Sylvanas would be much more powerful and the Alliance probably would have been destroyed.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, she was very skilled at deflecting attention from it, especially when her own hide was at stake, but Genn and Rogers weren’t fooled.

Good thing too, otherwise the Jailer probably would have won by now. A credible argument could be made that by attacking Sylvanas at Stormheim, Genn saved Azeroth.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes muffin, and why do you think Anduin sent Genn Greymane and Admiral ‘That Was For Theramore’ Rogers to go there? You’re deliberately missing my point, or at least I hope you are.

The reason Genn says that, and is in that mindset, is due to the belief that the Horde, specifically Sylvanas, betrayed the Alliance at the Broken Shore. He wants to hunt prey, ergo Sylvanas, because he had recently watched Varian die in front of him and in his mind it was because she in particular betrayed them.

This is false, because the Horde in fact had to retreat or be overwhelmed. They had to retreat because the intel given to them was false, it was false because Shaw was a dreadlord and fed them the wrong intel in terms of the Legion’s forces, meaning the entire Broken Shore was nothing more than a trap. Genn would not have found this out until after the Rogue Order Hall chain was done, and he would have been told such by his own daughter, who was (ironically given she’s a princess) a member of the Uncrowned.

Honestly, you talk about credibility but I gave you a numbered rundown of my thoughts and all you did was go ‘ur lying’ and link the exact same thing again. Yes, I have seen those, I have many alts and have played the scenario MANY times.

1 Like