How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

yea but i got my race, so i can be happy unlike you :v

1 Like

So… Kul’tirans? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

lmao poor kul tirans

1 Like

Aww, don’t be bitter. Thanks for bumping the ogre thread though :wink:

We could trade you our plural ‘you’ in exchange for your singular gender neutral ‘they’ :smiley:

I’m always happy to see Ogre threads pop up. It happens quite a bit, so it’s great to see other Ogre fans wanting playable Ogres as well. They may not be the most wanted playable race ever, but a decent amount of people do want them playable.

Playable Horde Ogres are something long overdue and is something I hope people continue to support. We already have three clans of them within the Horde (MU Stonemaul, AU Stonemaul, and the Dunemaul), and the MU Stonemaul Clan in particular have had a long history with the Horde. They joined the Horde in Warcraft III, play a big part of Dustwallow Marsh questlines, and are even helping the Horde in Feralas against the Gordunni threat and trying to take over Dire Maul for the Horde. They even helped chase Cho’Gall out of Dire Maul in their questline in Feralas.

Talking to Orhan Ogreblade in Feralas also shows how dedicated they are to being part of the Horde:

"The Stonemaul clan serves the Horde!

During the founding of Orgrimmar, when Kalimdor was being tamed as our people’s homeland, the hero Rexxar defeated the chief of the Stonemaul ogre clan.

They have served the Horde ever since, and I’ve called them in here to do the heavy lifting against the Gordunni clan."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Orhan_Ogreblade

It does bother me that a huge war with the Alliance occurred and there were no signs of the Horde Ogres anywhere. You’d think the Horde would’ve utilized all its members and had the Stonemaul help out somewhere. At this point, I could probably write a thesis paper over how much of a missed opportunity it is to not have the Stonemaul help out in BfA, let alone other world-ending threats we faced.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see more info on the Stonemaul Clan and the other Horde Ogre clans in general, as well as show off some support for playable Horde Ogres and ideas for them, you can check out my Stonemaul Ogre megathread here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-unofficial-stonemaul-ogre-playable-race-discussion-megathread/670660

Regardless, keep showing off support! I know I’ll continue to dream of a day we finally see Ogre player characters walking around Orgrimmar!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Because they are Big chonky chonguses who wouldn’t fit through doorways or wear armor properly.

Too much a Unit to be a playable race.

1 Like

Some people fail to understand comedy references

https://media.giphy.com/media/EY9lb0xY0OnPq/giphy.gif

Plus is speaking in big words really something that is necessary when we have goblins to do the thinking for us?

3 Likes

Dude, you rock, I didn’t know even half of that ogre lore stuff. Sounds like they aren’t just wanted, they have a legit spot in the story.

3 Likes

maybe cuz they’re fat, ugly, dumb looking and it’d be nice if we actually had enemies in the game that aren’t a playable race? shrug

1 Like

You give me something bigger than a Tauren AND it’s a druid? I support this message. New main for sure.
Edit: lvled 4 toons in draenor and yup, ogres shoulda been around long time

2 Likes

You sound very bitter for someone who has the word ‘optimist’ in their name lol

1 Like

They have no female models?

Though following Blizzard’s trend, just slap some tusk stubs on a Kultiran woman and done. Can’t have the women of any race look like anything but slightly exotic sexy human women.

i would simple say it make no sense and alliance players would be more mad than horde ones to get an ugly ogre instead of white elves.

If alliance players almost had a stroke with kul’tirans imagine what they would do with ogres.

i would not like sure, but i would not burst in flames like you do with vulperas on horde though.

alliance players and elves are not something i take in account, “race is ugly” is not an argument.

so the alliance can get another? :joy:

No, they should be a core race. They are not a subspecies of an existing race.

Plus, nobody wants to have to grind rep to unlock a race.

1 Like

No, you are defacto wrong, since they can be playable and were considered by the devs in cata.

it sure is one of he reasons that mean they can.

thats literally false, since there is 2 ogre clans, not counting other subgroups, current in the horde, so they are not an evil faction and are already allies, so you are wrong

since you are ignorant about their lore you should rly talk like a expert. rly, Stonemaul, Dunemaul clan are allied with the horde, mok’nathal is a clan allied with the horde who have ogres, the gorian ogres who came to azeroth with the maghar in bfa are also now horde

so yeah 0 reason is bs from you cause there is plenty of reason and plenty of lore supporting.

I knew you wouldn’t like it.

It doesn’t seem that Blizzard cares what the alliance likes.

Why not?
It seems to be the only thing that Blizzard seems willing to do for Ally.

this only further prooves my point that none of you know how game design works lol

1 Like

Marketing comes up with ideas and not devs or players. Marketing says furry and small and the artists comply.

Rep grinds for allied races aren’t in the game anymore afaik and as far as not a subspecies, neither is vulpera