How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

Humans might be the master race, but they are also the most boring. So… take that.

4 Likes

Night Elves are pretty much one of the strongest races considering how they have halted the bulk of the Horde on their own several times.
Even when outnumbered they manage to hold their ground and make their enemies pay costly for every step they take in their territory.
The biggest example is War of Thorns where Town Guards and Civillians held the combined forces of Horde races. Had the whole millitary body fought that war things would have turned to the night elves favor.

3 Likes

Anduin didn’t resurrect anyone.

It was a mass heal.

He was Velen’s student. Of course he’s strong. It isn’t random. That doesn’t mean he’s more powerful than Velen or Tyrande. There’s plenty of abilities the priest pc has access to that can do the same thing Anduin did.

Jaina really is over the top though.

2 Likes

You think people will let actual history get in the way of one of the longest-running memes of all time?

1 Like

I’ve been a huge Night Elf fan since Warcraft 3 but this guy’s convinced me that the Dwarves win the thread.

In light of WoW’s history and viewing the playable races as independent factions, it does seem like the Dwarves are the most powerful faction by almost all metrics of measuring imperial power.

1 Like

i’m actually surprised by this response. Chronicles states that the trolls would often move in ancient azeroth rather than fight with one another. The night elves were a magical empire spanning the continent drawing from the literal titan fueled power source. The nigh elves would not be capable of such a feat now a days. Also the gnomes? they were defeated by the troggs come on now.

What? No, it says the opposite of that…

“Two main empires were the forest troll nation of the Amani and the jungle troll nation of the Gurubashi, who challenged one another for territory and power.”

Debatable… They are arguably drawing from a more powerful source of power, Elune and the Night Warrior. You have to consider that the Kaldorei managed to do what the united troll tribes could not, defeat Azshara. Hell, the Night Elves, as a single race, fought the entire strength of the Horde to nearly a stand still with a civilian force…

Tyrande takes back Darkshore, 2019 colorized:

Hey man, Troggs are no push overs… it is my understanding that they are resistant to magic, and brutishly strong. Consider how much the Alliance is dependent on gnome tech? You don’t really need numbers when you have orbital nukes.

2 Likes

For the last time cannon fodder civilians holding an army at bay by using a river is not the same as engaging them in an open battle which the orcs would have dominated in. Also you were dealing with an extremely writer nerfed horde if we are being completely honest, the blood elves can create magic nullification fields which that alone would have rendered the majority of the druids nearly powerless.

1 Like

Why isn’t it? They used the terrain to their advantage, and that level of tactical awareness for civilians should be telling for how brutal the Kaldorei actually are.

The Horde won… So I am not sure what you are basing this on. Metaknowledge is kind of irrelevant anyway.

Not necessarily… Without any magic at all, a Night Elf is still 7-9 foot tall absolute units with lifetimes of experience in combat and surviving in the wild.

Understand, Nature isn’t a vegetarian, tree-hugging hippie girl straight from sheltered California. Nature is the cold, remorseless b***h who will rip your throat out and eat you alive because the weak should fear the strong. It doesn’t care about civilization, laws, or morality. Eat, mate, kill.

A night elf is someone who can recite age-old poetry and bring you to tears, and minutes later gleefully dismember an enemy. I imagine a Sentinel with blood spattered across her face and wine on her breath, the bodies of the slain strewn across a polished marble temple.

After a ten millennia, a Night Elf would approach violence with a casualness that should be terrifying to shorter lives races. And do so with the tactical awareness of the Alliance and Horde’s most seasoned generals.

2 Likes

To reinforce this. We have had an example of someone being brought back from the dead, but that was Sally Whitemane and she was an extraordinary example whose powers were the entire thing her cult was built around. However this was a thing she could only do to do so to herself and select individuals in the short term, when her commander Renault was dead he was dead forever. So in this regard, Anduin resurrecting an entire army without comment that he brought them all back from death seems unlikely.

The Alliance troops in that scene look largely injured and dying, rather then outright killed(Look at the footman limping along, carried by his comrade.) and he simply brought those warriors back up to fighting capacity.

Now mind you, mass healing an entire army inside a light infused bubble is…still pretty crazy.

the horde have shaman multiple battle hardened warrior races the best magic users in the world none of which was demonstrated. Orcs and taurens are many times stronger than the night elves to begin with and orcs start training from the time they can walk so again explain to me how the race that would have destroyed the human kingdoms had it not been for gul’dan would have a problem dealing with civilians even ones 10000 years old? You can’t deny the horde were made to be cannon fodder villians for the night elves epic struggle. also why do you never bring up that time garrosh showed up to ashenvale and beat the night elves so bad it took stormwind to save them?

3 Likes

You got me i chuckled on this.

1 Like

Also not true. Elegy describes Horde Shaman spreading the flames over Teldrassil. Is describes Sin’dorei enchanting the fire. It describes Shal’dorei using portal to bring in more troops (And slaughtering the poor fearie dragons). Tauren druids could be found over near Shatterspear villiage. ALL races of the horde were demonstrated, and despite that, the Horde struggled to claim Darkshore, outnumbering the CIVILIAN army of the Night Elves 8 to 1.

Tauren sure, Orcs, not so much. Case in point (admittedly an extream case) Malfurion bested Saurfang at hand to hand, easily. That is without his magic… Malfurion didn’t even break a sweat humiliating an Armed Saurfang with nothing but his bear (heh heh) hands.

Night Elves are also trained from a young age in hunting and survival, and a life time of training for an orc is still 50-ish years, where as a Night Elf is hundreds at the least. This isn’t really speculative, we saw it happen first-hand in War of Thorns. Sure, the Horde won, but struggled to do so while out numbering the Night Elves 8 to 1, and it is said the Horde sustained heavier losses to do so.

I mean, maybe, but the Night Elves are often displayed at the cannon fodder for the Horde to brutalize. Just take a flip through the TCG and note how often it’s a night elf getting beat up in the art. Part of that is attributed to Richard Knaacks sexist portrayal of them, and the Horde’s general appeal to the uber masculine warrior trope. But this is Meta knowledge, and debatable meta knowledge at that. It doesn’t really apply to this conversation, unless your point is “The Horde should be portrayed to be stronger” which I will also disagree with.

Because that didn’t happen… Garrosh was desperate in Ashenvale, his campaign has been a complete failure up until the events of Wolfheart. The only success he actually had came at hands of Dues Ex Magnatar, which he had to enslave. Even then, Stormwind didn’t come to save anyone, it was Varian and Genn, along with several Worgen, and as long as we are using meta knowledge, I attribute that to Knaack’s sexist writing more than anything.

Point is, we do not need to speculate. WE SAW the full might of the Horde, struggle to defeat a civilian army in War of Thorns. Since then the Night Elves have been dominating the Horde on all fronts. Darkshore, and even Dazar’alor was only possible because of the Elven army in Nazmir (Mostly Night Elves and Void Elves it seemed.)

2 Likes

Nonsense.

Obviously he just cast Power Word: Barrier and then Holy Word: Salvation. He’s just got better gear than the rest of us so he has more spell power.

1 Like

I hope you guys aren’t relying on that in the future, those 50% mana regen cuts in pvp are gonna hit you hard.

2 Likes

Wait.

What?

50%?

malfurion bested an old man in the form of a literal bear congrats. yes it did happen in wolfheart the night elves were stomped into the ground.

For holy priest, 55% percent if you’re a resto druid. :stuck_out_tongue:

That Old man is the greatest Warrior the orcs have.

No, he didn’t use any magic. He fought him and bested him easily with his bare hands and without shapeshifting.

“Saurfang leapt forward, axe swinging, as vines and roots tore apart the inn. Malfurion stepped clear of his blow effortlessly, and the metal claws strapped to his hands darted toward Saurfang’s head. The orc batted them away with his axe shaft. Barely.”

“Saurfang roared, his axe whistled, and Malfurion’s second strike snaked between a gap in his armor around the shoulder. Blood dripped to the floor”

"When pieces of the inn started to fall around the orc’s head, he accepted his death. Against a creature like Stormrage, there was no dishonor in failure. Saurfang simply had to meet his end without surrender. "

Hardly, Garrosh only had any success because he enslaved the Magnatar.

1 Like

have malfurion fight thrall if you want to see a fight but don’t use saurfang a warrior fighting in a collapsing building against a demigod