How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

What is your source for this? Do we know what the racial populations actually are? The Night Elves have the numbers to put up a front in Darkshore and Ashenvale… So clearly they are not no small in number as you believe.

Also consider that most of their army survived War of Thorns. The biggest loss of life was civilian, which is not terribly relevant in a discussion about power level. We know they are capable of waging war as they are, because they are actively doing it.

And they win. We have already seen a datamined cinematic of Tyrande’s victory speech.

1 Like

I agree i give up the fanboys win

If you disagree with me, that’s fine… but you can’t deny that I have supported my case official lore.

The Kaldorei defenders in War of Thorns was mostly Civilians. - From Elegy and Terran Gregory (The Orc commander in the Terror of Darkshore cinematic only had experience fighting civilian Kaldorei according to Gregory.)

The Horde lost more than the Kaldorei did - Terran Gregory.

The Horde outnumbered the night elves 8-1. - A Good War.

Despite the loss of Teldrassil, the Kaldorei have the means to not only wage war with the Horde, but win. Evidence by the Darkshore Warfront AND the datamined victory speech.

So, you can disagree, and its pointless to really debate. But you can’t say my points are not rooted in factual lore.

1 Like

Haha, I mean no they don’t. You don’t have to let them win, but that means not engaging in argument where you know the other people are arguing in bad faith.

Amadis made some pretty good points above, I think he’s worth having a serious discussion with. I personally feel that the Night Elves are strong right now in terms of fighting power but I disagree that their race is close to how strong it was before, but they are largely relying on the other Alliance races for support. No support would probably mean no Night Elves, since an army still needs food, water, and shelter. Plus they only retook Darkshore, and even then only with a significant force of troops from Gilneas.

Assuming the Night Elf cinematic makes it in and they flat out retake Darkshore, that depends on how it’s framed when it’s implemented, if it wasn’t cut right out.

3 Likes

Even if they do it’s against some fodder the Horde raised like 3 hours prior to the warfront. (Are we even supposed to care about Sira?)

Even with Darkshore, the Night Elves are the remains of an army with little civilian population and no industry left like you said. Even at their peak they were losing territory to the Orcs. Now, they’re probably on the level of the Darkspear until blizzard says a genocide did nothing to their population. I don’t get how their fans can think they’re a powerhouse when their entire history in WoW is losing to the Horde until their allies bail them out.

3 Likes

So the night elf army is basically nothing. It couldn’t do anything at all to the Horde when it was at its best, relying on Varian Wrynn and later the Alliance player to save it from the Horde.

But things are different now. The army, while useless, has Malfurion Stormrage taking the field. And Malfurion’s a deity level character.

All true. Especially the significance of the Gilnean forces present throughout Darkshore. Though for food and shelter, the Night Elves probably grew a lot of that themselves (see pumpkins), but also, in the Alliance version of the Darkshore Warfront we see Malfurion just grow back waves of fully grown trees in an instant both at the beginning of the scenario and potentially towards the end if conditions are set right. So I don’t think shelter is a problem so much. But it’s still good over all that the Gilneans and the Alliance as a whole did end up deciding to support the Night Elves and literally gather resources for them, despite Anduin’s earlier hesitance.

To be fair, this has been the case for the Horde as well, needing the Alliance to come in and help solve problems for them (i.e. Sunwell Plateau, Siege of Orgrimmar, etc.).

4 Likes

The resource problem with the Alliance is up for debate I think. From what I gathered of the refugee quotes it seems food and funds are in short supply, with the Alliance having Stormwind clerks determining who needs shelter the most. I’m not sure if this is still true in 8.1 or if they stabilized, it’s frustrating because one of the biggest failings of this story I think is that Blizzard hasn’t really updated us on the status of the Forsaken and Night Elves civilian population after the first patch.

I do hope that’s not a pattern that continues, by the end of the expansion I want some kind of idea what northern Kalimdor and Lordaeron look like. Malfurion is somewhat problematic in the war front because i’m unsure what the actual limit of his powers is, he regrows a ton of forest but after the Warfront in the Alliance version Lor’daniel is still plagued.

That said, I think that at the conclusion of BfA the Night Elves will wind up being a stronger society, if not the strongest society in the Alliance. The way it seems to me is that after the fall of the capital cities the developers have drawing on their WC3 roots to show us as our own individual factions as a way to compensate for our loss. Much as I hate to say because it doesn’t feel as narratively satisfying, Darkshore feels like the developers trying to compensate the Night Elves for the loss of their home in the same way that the ‘loss’ at Undercity compensated the Forsaken by being a Pyrrhic victory.

While people are worried about(Or hoping depending on who you ask.) our races will be forgotten after this patch, I feel like we’re always going to get some kind of focus from the start of BfA to it’s ending.

1 Like

Ignoring all the vitriolic night elf related arguments above, and getting back on topic

If all the races were separate and working independently in the state they are now and not part of larger alliances and factions, the Dwarves would easily be the strongest individual playable race.

Unlike almost every single other race/group that makes up the playable races. The Bronzbeard dwarves never suffered any catastrophic losses of life or defeats.

The kingdom Stormwind was razed to the ground and for a timer its citizens were refugees

The Night elves just suffered a geneocide that bite them to the very marrow

The blood/void elves are the small surviving percentage of an older geneocide

The Tauren were nearly wiped out by centaurs

The Darkspear (an already tiny tribe)had their island invaded by naga, most killed, survivors then fled, then had half their people turned into voodoo zombie slaves and then got attacked by naga again.

The Orcs were the remnants of the old horde that escaped internment camps and fled across the ocean. And due to quick aging and brreding they may have bounced back, they’ll never be as strong or numerous as the old original horde

Draenei…do I even need to explain? LIke almost their entire planet joined the denons. Only one space ship of people became draenei and a smaller fraction of that, Lightforged. And then you taek their further genocide of their people on Draenor. And even more were pro0bbaly lost in the Exodars crash

Gnomes lost their city due to bio-nukes and radiation and lost a large portion of their population.

Gilneas - again speaks for itself. Civil war, fol;lowed by mass worgen invasion then further survivors were invaded by forsaken.

Bilgewater - Made up of the surviving members of a single city on Kezan, who then became slaves on an island.

Zandalari trolls- Their empire is practically crumbling apart at the seams and barley control even 1/3 of their own island

Highmountain - These guys arent as hard off as the rest. Assuming the tribes are about equal size. About 1/4 of their population joined the legion. Though their population was never huge to begin with. The drogbar tribe though has mostly made up for the Bloodtotem loss

Nightborne - City sealed away for 10k years, many of its citizens exiled to face death, legion comes in, large portion start drinking fel juisce and fight for Ellisande.

Forsaken- Might not be as worse off as suome considering their population does not require things like food. But at the same time, they cant reproduce and the only way to gain more is if a val’kyr is nearby, which Sylvanas has precious few of left. Also they just had their city nuked and most of their forces driven from the eastern Kingdoms. The forsaken army alone isnt as great as people make it out to be, remember in Cata the entire forsaken war machine was ground to a halt and then started getting driven back by Gilnean rebels and the 7th legion.

But the Bronzbeards came out on top above everyone. During the Second war, as soon as the orcs starting invading Khaz Modan, the Dwarves just all held up inside Ironforge and waited it out, all safe inside. Ontop of that they have arguably the most reliable and easily mass produced technology, the single strongest most defensible city on Azeroth. And since Cata their numbers have swelled, being bolstered by the inclusion of the Wildhammers.

As a race, the dwarves as a combined Kingdom, now hold the most territory and land over every other race. Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, The Searing gorge, Blackrock mountains, part of the Burning steppes, the northern half of the Badlands, the Wetlands, good portion of the Twilight Highlands, Sections of Alterac and about half of the hinterlands are all dwarf territory.

Call me biased if you will, and apologies for a giant wall of text for pretty much nothing…but ya :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think ‘driven back’ is a bit generous. They blindside the Forsaken multiple times, but by the time we hit Cities in Dust it’s clear that the Gilnean Liberation Front and the 7th Legion are fighting a lost cause, the only choice they have to make at that point is how many lives are they willing to sacrifice before the Forsaken push back into Gilneas proper, and mind you that is with a watered down blight. Pretty much the rest of Cata past that is the Forsaken driving back the Alliance at Hillsbrad, Andorhal, and judging by Legion they wipe out Stromgarde.

Plus while UC got nuked it doesn’t seem like the Forsaken lost any of their turf(Deathknell got updated with the new zone, so i’m not sure if the Alliance even hold Trisfal.) and while they do need Val’kyr to reproduce, they also tend to streamline bodies to said Val’kyr fairly efficiently for mass production.

1 Like

Did it hurt?

Did you like the exact number required and then scream “No more!!!”?

Serious questions.

I am shocked that you liked posts!

Lintsehsu, you have to visit 50 out of a 100 days. Other than that and not having a post flagged by multiple people or getting banned you don’t really have to try. You’ll meet the other requirements just by visiting and posting regularly.

1 Like

Yes.

I went a few over to be sure it counted.

1 Like

I could agree that the dwarves are currently the strongest race as far as territory, military and technology, but I don’t think the other races are as hard off as you’re thinking they are. the trolls are probably a close second and i’m speaking of trolls as a whole not as tribes as long as the Zandalari empire is still a thing the trolls will always come together if troll kind is under threat. The tauren are fairly populace at the moment they’ve had time to recover and the high mountain have returned so I mean they have some serious power to them, but with medium or so population a prolonged war could be bad for them.

The orcs and humans are still power houses but they have declined really bad since the second and third war respectively but with the Mag’thar and kul’tirans returning to the fold they have gotten a decent boost in troops and armament.

Well, I don’t think we can really look at the Troll races as a whole here. Only the Darkspear (And now Zandlari) are playable. The Darkspear are a small tribe, who have retaken their homeland in Cata, and the Zandalari have never really recovered since their defeat at the hands of the Kaldorei Empire, which is still considered the most humiliating part of their history for many trolls.

Even back when the Troll Empire was strong, they would fight each other more than anyone else. Without war to unite them, they quickly fell into in-fighting, and when united, the still often lost. The lost against the Kaldorei, lost against the Pandaren, lost against the humans, and lost against the goblins, and this was all before WoW Vanilla, when troll tribes then started getting wrecked by Alliance and Horde adventurers.

Maybe that’s just me, but I always thought trolls were generally unimpressive.

Now, out of the playable races, you already know I think the Kaldorei are at the top, with Dwarves and gnomes trailing close behind. However, if we are considering all united factions of one race, then I think it’s hard to argue against the Pandaren. I mean, they own most of the continent of Pandaria, and while their military might is unclear, we know the military that they have is VERY capable and experience from years of fighting against the Mantid.

Hell, If you exclude contested territory, then the Pandaren might have a larger empire than the Alliance or Horde.

3 Likes

Lol… you amuse me lil trump.

Humans are by far the most powerful single race because Blizzard has written them to be the most mary-sue race of all time. They have the most magi and some of the most powerful, the biggest armies by far with their only close second being their allies the dwarves, now after BoD the biggest navy, and they can basically use every magic there is. They also have randomly racial leaders who have demi-god like powers on par with the races like the night elves who had to learn for hundreds or thousands of years to achieve the same level of mastery. (Watch Anduin just casually resurrect an entire army in the cinematic for example, or Jaina fly and operate a massive battleship meant for the sea using just magic and destroy the gates of Undercity ).

4 Likes

Humanity has greater plot armor here then in 40k.

3 Likes

This tbqh. We have the best warriors, mages, paladins, rogues, priest, economy, army, navy, land, tech. We are the world’s desire. We truly are the master race.

eh economy is debatable. You seem to be unable to feed your own people and pay your workers.

Horde propaganda. Westfall is doing fine now and the power of the nobility has become nonexistent thanks to Varian.

1 Like