How powerful are the various races in wow currently?

I mean, that’s not true, and I think a quick scroll up would reveal that falseness of that stamen.

Could it be you are just bias? That’s not in the realm of possibility to you?

1 Like

It did. The backstories say the orcs are a war-race. But Blizzard factually states that orcs were peaceful until Kil’jaeden came to corrupt them.

See, Triple H? You refuse any fact that disagrees with your headcanon.

Show me. …

1 Like

Unlike the other races of the Horde, orcs are not native to Azeroth. Initially, they lived as shamanic clans on the lush world of Draenor. They abandoned their peaceful culture when Kil’jaeden, a demon lord of the Burning Legion, corrupted the orcs and used them in his vengeful plot against the draenei, who were exiles from Kil’jaeden’s homeworld.

1 Like

No. I’m not trying to contradict what you’re saying. I’m trying to point out that cheering about the Night Elve’s perfomance in WoT is like finding an intact foot among the pieces of a landmine victim and saying “Ha! They couldn’t break him all!”

The Night Elves were crushed. Claiming that their loss demonstrates some kind of superiority is literally a joke from Kung Pow! Enter the Fist.

3 Likes

It would be truer to say they abandoned their Shamanistic lifestyle, because that simple thing alone means that nearly everything we know about pre-first War Orcs is not true. If we are to assume this correct, then this retcons several things even stated in Chronicle. Which I just outright reject.

I do not believe a single sentence retcons the entire history of a race.

If you want to believe that, that is your prerogative. I disagree.

Then you misunderstand my point. This is a thread about power level, and it is important to note that the bulk of the Kaldorei Army was not present for The War of Thorns. It is mostly still in tact, so much to the point where the Night Elves are now winning on all fronts in Kalimdor. They performed extremely well against overwhelming odds, with a force mostly made up of civilians and militia, and in the aftermath of that defeat, they are kicking Horde butt. That is why I think Nelves are the most powerful race… thus answering the title question of the thread.

If you want to disagree with me, then fine, but do not tell me my point isn’t valid. The Horde did suffer more casualties than the Nelves, and continue to lose in Darkshore. That’s factually correct.

1 Like

It’s all about the game.
And how you play it.

1 Like

I lost my spit.

hahaha. :joy:

1 Like

Regardless of how you play it, the lore states the Night Elves win in Darkshore.

3 Likes

Are you trying to die? Goblin planes stay airborne as well as ogres with wings! Where’s the superior technology of the gnomes in this army?!

1 Like

99/100 Goblin Planes is a deathtrap for the pilot. 1/100 is a deathtrap for entire enemy armies.

It’s all about quantity.

1 Like

If they are on a theoretical same team why not mix the two techs and make something super strong tech wise but still mass produced?

Please, Goblin Planes wont blow up for at least 3 hours of sustained flight. Also why would the horde be using gnomes?

Why they using dwarven artillery and stormwindian knights?!

…because dwarves have good artillary and stormwind used to be the knight nation. The idea was that the races would all add something to the multinational army.

Your post made me think you were talking about a Azerothian army! Either way if your gonna make goblin planes atleast let the orcs supervise!

Come on, Treng. I know Akiyass is really, really annoying, but don’t misrepresent things just to spite them. We both know the passage about the final numbers tallied was before the Horde made it to Teldrassil and did not factor in the burning of the tree, only the lives lost in the Horde’s march towards it.

Sure. In the prologue to the expansion. In the current chapter, Tides of Vengeance, the Night Elves are back, with Malfurion and Tyrande - which is a big factor, because in planning the War of the Thorns (which was designed as a surprise attack after a plot to lure the Night Elves’ armies to Silithus, so they ended up fighting a number of Night Elf civilians among the few remaining Night Elf soldiers) the Horde had planned to bring one and a half times as many forces as they had when it was only Malfurion if both of them were there, and on top of that the only person who could actually handle either Malfurion or Tyrande was Sylvanas, and she’s not present at Darkshore this time.

Yeah but I didn’t want to have to get into an argument with her about that, too.

We knew we wouldn’t get to keep it all. Game mechanics and balance dictates that the Night Elves get given powerups and narratives to let them take back the shore and perhaps more.

What I’m trying to get Triple H to face up to is that the many-years long conflict between the Horde and the Nelves finally came to a decisive showdown and the elves got obliterated. They got outsmarted, outmaneuvered, overwhelmed and run down into their capital, where they were burned alive.

And no amount of Tyrande’s motivational speeches, the game’s necessary return to the status quo, or the Dev’s attempts to make me feel guilty can take that warm little fact away.

Wrestlemania 2019 might come with a redemption arc for the Knife-ears, but no revision gives them the W from Wrestlemania 2018. That one is in Red Team’s cabinet. Akiyass wants to say the Night Elves should be considered strong because they withstood the Horde, when they categorically did no such dooking thing. I have the giant plaguebat to prove it.

1 Like

Outsmarted and outmaneuvered, definitely. But the thread is titled how powerful, not which race has the best tactics.

The Horde got lucky and won because they got tipped off to a smuggling route to get behind the Night Elves, but the Horde had to bring fully equipped and veteran soldiers in eight to one ratios to fight tailors, food merchants, and innkeepers supporting Malfurion. And had Tyrande been there, they would have had to bring twelve to one. This just squarely paints the Night Elves as stronger, and the Horde had to outsmart them (and they did, thanks to Shaw) because they couldn’t have won otherwise.

3 Likes