How Old Were You When You Started WoW and How Old Are You Now?

I technically started by making a character on my brother’s account when I was… 11? It was TBC but before WOTLK, in earlier 2008 before my birthday. I made my own stuff in mid 2010 since that’s when my earliest achievements date to, so I was 13/14 when I first played on my own.

1 Like

I would give it a good 20 more years till server closes, the games already been around for almost 20 years. Another 20 is definitely plausible. I mean look at Runescape

Started in 2017 about 2 months shy of turning 52 and now Im just over 57.

1 Like

I am SOOOO Happy not to be the old guy here :joy:

1 Like

22 in 2004.

40 in 2023

1 Like

My (now ex) husband introduced me to WoW when my daughter was still a baby in an attempt to get me to stop nagging him about his game-playing instead of helping me take care of our kids. That was sixteen years ago shortly after BC was launched. He no longer plays, but I’m still active. I’m 55 now.

3 Likes

I think as time goes by we just get more selective about what we’re willing to waste our time with, lol.
Ive gotten to the point, years ago, where Ive played so many games that I know if I’ll like it or not just by hearing how it plays.

2 Likes

Once you start playing WoW for over 10+ years, it’s hard to get accustomed to another game. Honestly WoW is the only thing that keeps me gaming, if it didn’t exist I don’t think I would invest much time into games anymore.

2 Likes

Likely the same here. Id just not play much at all if WoW is gone. How this game has kept my attention this long is amazing. Usually a year or so tops and Im out. lol

43 in November 2004; 62 now.

4 Likes

I was 12 started in 05 and now I’m about to turn 30. Funny how time flies when you get older.

1 Like

I was 25 when I started playing in Cata and I am now 37. It’s hard to believe I have been playing 12 years of WoW. Time went by really fast.

1 Like

I was 46 when I started playing shadowlands. I’m 47 now. I found myself with some time on my hands.

2 Likes

I was 14, I’m 32 now.

3 Likes

14… 31 now.

1 Like

That was the early alpha I think.

5 Likes

I was I think 12 when I started in 2005, middle of Vanilla and I’m… 31 now? (I don’t know my age really).

I started playing a few years after moving to the US. WoW is one of the main ways I learned English actually.

1 Like

2006 I was 20? I dunno, math isn’t my strong suit. TBC was about to release.

20 or 21.
28 now.

1 Like

39 and almost 54. Go Boomers!!!

1 Like