How Old Were You When You Started WoW and How Old Are You Now?

I was 13 years old when I started WoW in the middle of MoP, I remember back then asking for my mom to buy me a membership and an expansion pack as my birthday gift. :blush:

I only played a half of WoD and I was 15

Came back to Legion when I hit 16 and played through that entire expansion for my entire half of high school. (18 years old)

BFA I did ok but I quit almost entirely of SL.

Now I am 22 In Dragonflight, about to turn 23 in a month.

I always get heavy nostalgia thinking about my past experiences in this game. :heart::relieved:

Now share me your story. :grin:

7 Likes

13 at the tail end of classic… 30 now and trying to make the most of what we’re getting.

9 Likes

I was 22 when I started in very late Jan '05, am 40 now, and will be 41 this summer.

15 Likes

30, just shy of 31, when I started playing Vanilla which the numbers are behaving weirdly because I am only 25 now! :rofl: Actually, 48 now… What a long strange trip it’s been.

20 Likes

I was…36… now 41

But I played WC2 when it was current.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

5 Likes

I started playing in late 2006, so I was 39. I’m 55 now.

18 Likes

48 > 66.

December 26, 2004.

17 Likes

24 and am 42 now.

8 Likes

Used to sit next to my dad and play on his second account with him when I was around 6 years old, back in 2006. Could have been earlier, don’t remember though. So ya 23 now.

4 Likes

I was 18 years younger than I am now.

12 Likes

I was 18. Around when Ulduar was out but not the Tournament raid / dungeon yet in Wrath.

33 now.

4 Likes

I was 19, started in 2006. Now 35.

2 Likes

I started in 05. Was around 33 at the time.

Played all through mid MoP before I took a break.

Came back on new account since was gone too long, been back around 3 years now and I’m 51 1/2 now.

6 Likes

Started somewhere around my 30th birthday.
47 now.

6 Likes

like 13-14 end of tbc/start of wotlk. my peak playtime was cata-mop at like 18 (cringe days, happy those are over)

28 now X.X or 27. one of the two

6 Likes

I was 16 going on 17 and I’m 32 now.

4 Likes

“I started the fall of 2007, at the age of 50. I just turned 65 last November.”

10 Likes

The core WoW audience is like EQ… was (is?) like mostly 30’s and 40’s now I feel like. Feelsweirdman

Started when I was 16, 34 now.

3 Likes

I think I was 12? I’m 31 now? I’ve been here a long time. It’s only gone down hill since though.

2 Likes

I feel like maybe that’s just [our] perception, I mean how long can one game stay relevant and fun for everyone?

1 Like