How Old Were You When You Started WoW and How Old Are You Now?

17 then
now 33

2 Likes

Iā€™m 42 nowā€¦
I was actually waiting for EverQuest 2 to release when my friend and I played WOW Beta.
I was a sales manager for Circuit City PCs at the time.

2 Likes

30 and 48ā€¦

2 Likes

I was 25 when I started playing and Iā€™m 43 now.

3 Likes

I started at the end of mop, like literally last week of it I think, i donā€™t remember how old I was then because I donā€™t remember what year it was XD

I am going to be 32 soon.

2 Likes

I was 13, really just a few weeks away from 14, and now I just recently turned 27.

2 Likes

Never smart to say your age onlineā€¦ lol

Anyway, i first played wow on a mates computer back in high school a few times. Think it was in vanilla or wotlk. I remember then never shutting up about it on our bike rides to school, so much so that i, somone who never played the game, knew as much as a normal player. I couldnt play it at home for two reasons. I only had dial up and didnt have a credit card

Got my own account in wod. Stopped playing at the end of wod due to going overseas for a few months and started back up when bfa came out. missed grtting the bat mount by a few days. Still annoyed at that

2 Likes

24 when I started in '07.

2 Likes

21, 2004. My fiancee played and, at the time, I thought the game looked awful and had no interest. :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m 40 now but starred in 04. Will be 41 Feb 23rd.

2 Likes

On official server i started in Cata, now iā€™m 30

2 Likes

Being 40 isnā€™t as fun as I thought. I feel like this is point where people are progressing in reverse.

As in I get older and I find myself increasingly among younger people. And they have the audacity to tell me how to do my job sigh

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

5 Likes

I was 43 when I started playing WOW (because my kids were playing) around Christmas of that year. I turned 62 just a week ago. 19 years. My kids stopped playing at the end of 2005 and went on to other games. I am still around though.

3 Likes

12, started in november 2004 on release day vanilla, played every expansion off and on until now. 31 about to be 32 in a few monthsā€¦ going to be sad when the servers finally close in however many years : /

1 Like

Started playing in 2008 when I was 14, just after my Birthday. WotLK was already out. Played for a few months on trial accounts until I made my current account in June 2009. Now Iā€™m 28. This game has been part of half my entire life haha.

1 Like

I was 14 when I started, will turn 33 this year. Itā€™s strange to think how long Iā€™ve been playing this game. It also definitely makes me feel old when I realize that my main priest is older than my nephew who will graduate high school this year. I never would have imagined back in 2005 that Iā€™d still be playing it all the way in 2023, but here we are.

5 Likes

I was 36 when I started playing.

Iā€™m 53 now.

Iā€™ve been playing video games since I was at least 12, so over 40 years now!

I love being an old fart gamer!

4 Likes

Nah age is a state of mind

Also iā€™m genuinely surprised there are this many 50+ gamers :open_mouth: my parents quit pc gaming after sim city 2000 so i always assumed 50+ didnā€™t care much for gaming

2 Likes

I think I was 23 when I started playing near the end of cata? iā€™m 34 now.

1 Like

I started not long after Burning Crusade came out in 2007. I was 44 and Iā€™m 59 now.

2 Likes