How Old Were You When You Started WoW and How Old Are You Now?

3 Likes

I dunnoā€¦
mathā€¦
what was I back in 2004, when the game launched?
I just turned 40, 6 days ago.

2 Likes

32 in 2005 when I started.

2 Likes

I was 14 back in classic. I made an undead rogue named Deathguise, bit of an edge there. I originally created him because I wanted to dual wield as fast as possible. Then I found the wonders of stealth combat and itā€™s shaped my gaming experience to this day.

2 Likes

16 when i started and now iā€™m pushing 32 in a little over a month.

So literally half my life. Not something i want to think too hard about.

3 Likes

Started at 2004 (Dec 2003) with the age of 27 on Illidan server as Alliance. One of the best experience. Now Iā€™m 46ā€¦

3 Likes

I wish they would ban these poll threads. Low effort.

I was tenā€¦ No Nine! Maybe even 8 when me and my bro would level worgens to 20 and swim back to gilneas after the questline. A Year later, when MOP was finishing, my brother had a boost and got us actually into the game. Since 10 Iā€™ve been seriously playing the game, and At 11, my father bestowed upon me this Warlock Lady. I watched her rise through leveling and WOD, and Sheā€™s been my main for the past nine years!
Canā€™t believe Iā€™m 20ā€¦ people like to poke fun sometimes that I take this game so seriously, that I get mad at bad expansions. but this Game has been a part of my life for years. I think it came out 2 years after I was born. Back when I was super young and when my dad was laid off after the company he worked for went caput he went to college and found a new job in the city, and I watched him play through Wrath and Cataā€¦ I remember it all vividly.

3 Likes

"Crimson flames tied through my ears, rollinā€™ high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads using ideas as my maps
"Weā€™ll meet on edges, soon, " said I, proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then, Iā€™m younger than that now

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth, ā€œrip down all hate, " I screamed
Lies that life is black and white spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers foundationed deep, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then, Iā€™m younger than that nowā€ - Bob Dylan

2 Likes

I was 19 when I started back in vanilla. April 2005 if I remember correctly.
I just turned 37 a few days ago.

Make the most of life, kids. It goes by faster than you can possibly imagine.

5 Likes

I was 13 when I started and now Iā€™m 92.

3 Likes

2006? so i was 17.

am now 33ā€¦ 34 in april.

2 Likes

I forget, 8th grade or freshman year [graduated 09].
I distinctly remember raiding Molten Core during sophmore year, and blowing off AP World History homework.
I also remember still leveling my rogue, my first 60, when my dad was deployed. Which I think was 8th grade? It took me forever to get a 60. I think I turned in supplies for AQ40 before i hit 60 for the first time.

Im 32 now. I took a lot of breaks though. Didnt play at all during MOP-Legion, started again in BFA.

Missed most of shadowlands.

Loving DF

2 Likes

Started at 14 now Iā€™m 30. Played up until end of cata, then started again in Legion.

2 Likes

I dont even know. Ive started wow in late vanila on private serversā€¦played there till late wotlk and went to retail during firelands in cata. I would have been like 16 thenā€¦now im 32.
:rofl: jeez i need some help

1 Like

I started WoW when I was 33 years old and now I am 51. So its been that long. But I started Warcraft far before then.

4 Likes

41 when I started during Wrath pre patch . Had gotten game from sister and brother in law who had been playing since WC1.

55 now going on 56

3 Likes

I was 9 when I started playing in MoP.

Almost 19 now.

2 Likes

Old.

Some spawn of some friends turned me onto the game, after Iā€™d given them several Blizzard games including WoW that Iā€™d gotten from a friend of mineā€™s husband who used to work at Blizzard, and I used to work in testing & tech support for a competitor, then for another branch of Vivendi.

Now theyā€™re adults and Iā€™m immortal.

2 Likes

Playing off and on since 16-ish? 31 now.

2 Likes