How Old is My Account?

I started playing in Vanilla (before summoning stones were a thing and with a Shaman that tanked WC) but when I look on my Blizzard Transaction History it shows 2009. How can I find out the first day I played?

Looks like your oldest WoW license was established 10/16/2006.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I still have that Shaman with Sergeant rank, still at level 59 when BC was released and I went to Druid.

3 Likes

Old enough to know better, young enough to not care. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Greetings, can you see when I created my first account?

Which license? You have 4 old enough to be named licenses. The oldest of those is Oct 2005.

Didn’t one of our regulars here have a link that lets us see back to when we got our first free month with our game purchase?

I think that was just linking to your transaction history, which would show your first free month with purchase, but that no longer goes all the way back.

I used to be able to see mine back to when I started in 2005 or 2006, but now the oldest transaction is when I added my authenticator in 2010.

In the old Account management system you could go to Games > Select a WoW license > view transactions. So you could see every single bit of game time applied to that account from any source.

The Transaction History, was separate and included things outside the license, such as digital game purchases.

They revised the system so now you can’t see the activity for each individual WoW license and all that was removed.

2 Likes

I have a different, but semi-related question: When did I create this character?

I tried checking my achievement history for when I hit levels 10, 20, etc. to get a good estimate, but there’s some pretty big gaps between those achievements on this character. (I doubt it would normally take 24 days to go from L10 to L20, then another two months to go from L20 to L30.)

That depends entirely on how much you play a given character, or just play in general. If you’re playing multiple characters, they’re going to take longer to level.

1 Like

Those achievements should show the date specific to that character, so it should be accurate as long as you hit those levels after achievements were implemented.

How do I see the L10 Achievement? When I went to my oldest character, all I see is the L110 and L120 achievements.

You should be able to click on the 120 achievement and see each level. Hovering over them shows the date, like this:

1 Like

Hmm… nothing appeared when I moused over the level 10 box (or any of the boxes for that matter). I’ll try on my home computer tonight. Maybe some pop-up blocker that’s messing with it.

It sounds like you might be using the armory, but I think this only works when you’re logged into the character in-game and looking at the achievements there.

2 Likes

Yep. That was it. I’ll check in game tonight. Thanks!

That didn’t work either. I check on my oldest character. It shows the achievement for level 10 on 10/16/08 and I know I was playing long before then. Further, the achievements for level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 are all 10/16/08. Somethings not right.

Actually, it is right. That date is when the achievement system was initiated. Anything that happened before that date defaulted to 10/14/08. I’ll bet you can’t find any achievement before that date.

Edit: I used to be very active on these forums back in those days. I remember many people being perplexed.

Hey nice panda lady, :wink:, how old is my account? /pushes :coffee: slyly in your direction :angel:

3 Likes

Achievements were released with 3.0.2, you will not find any achievement before that date.

4 Likes