How much are the Kaldorei and Horde in the same boat?

oh yes, one of the biggest lies that i ever hear from a character.
and does she mean “her people” including those who went with alleria or the alliance to actually save the world?.

12 Likes

At the time that would have been yes. When Quel’tehlas fell, Alleria and the elves who went with her had already been given up for dead with the explosion of Draenor.

And yet those who went with alleria weren’t send exactly by anasterian, correct?.
why liandryn herself didn’t went? did she hid behind in her “tree” too?.

1 Like

Presumably because Turalyon didn’t ask her to. After all there were still rouge Dragonmaw Orcs and Trolls to defend against.

In other words her people were not at all fighting to “save this world” but to defend or even expand their own settlements against other inhabitants of the same world.

8 Likes

In a shocking revelation, propaganda is misleading! News at 11.

Supposedly they contain a lot of “story seeds” for future plotlines, though. For whatever that’s worth.

This I either some awful dialogue, or Lor’themar has his head so far up his own rear, he can see the back of his own teeth.

It could be that he is outright lying to curry favor with the Nightborne in this moment. As already mentioned, propaganda. It would make sense, while it appeared Thalyssra was quick to dismiss Tyrande for seemingly petty reasons, it is also possible Blizzard was simply lazy with the depiction of the situation.

It never made sense to me that the Nightborne joined the Horde. While sure, they share a magic addiction with the Sin’dorei, they share a much closer common ancestry with the Night Elves. It is entirely possible that a Night Elf and Nightborne could be siblings, given the correct circumstances.

I think it would take some serious convincing to make Thalyssra go against Tyrande, despite their disagreements. What happened, ultimately, is that the Kaldorei rightfully believed the Nightborne ought to prove themselves worthy of their trust, whereas the Sin’dorei basically trade allies like 2 cent street walker in Tijuana.

9 Likes

It’s quite clear. Thylassra DID go to Tyrande first and was rebuffed… Or did you miss that part? Liadrin on the other hand responded with empathy and understanding. It’s rather hard to comprehend your confusion about her choice…the only one she actually had.

7 Likes

Not really, Tyrande was skeptical, weary of the Nightborne’s culture being too similar to the Azsharan age Highborne. Tyrande didn’t outright reject Thalyssra, but merely voiced her concerns. Thalyssra seemed to take offense, but I still think her 180 degree turn was the result of expediated, lazy story telling.

Or honeyed words. You don’t objectively know her motives or intentions. It is quite possible that the Sin’dorei were simply trying to secure an Ally and deny one to the Alliance, and nothing beyond that.

Not really, the Alliance was still an option, just a more difficult one. As I said, Tyrande did not outright reject her, she just wanted assurances that the Nightborne would not repeat the sins of the highborne… Which is totally fair.

8 Likes

Nightborne are prejudiced against Night Elves (some Nightborne are straight up racist still, calling others “Lowborn scum!”). Playable Nighborne female have the /joke line:

Night elves? <chuckles> More like country elves; they live in trees, sleep in dens, sometimes... even grow antlers; they're not cut out for life in a REAL city!
8 Likes

Gotta own and wear that one with pride.

1 Like

And yet, Tyrande herself is from Suramar…

Nightborne females also have the following /joke flirt line:

Tyrande still looks good after all these years. Know if she's seeing anyone?

Imagine their shock when they find out Tyrande married Malfurion.

2 Likes

So basically you’re saying Tyrande is Zsa Zsa Gabor and she settled down on Malfurion’s “Green Acres”. (Will anyone under 40 get that?)

Tyrande essentially forsook her high class heritage and became a nun… or priest in the Church of Elune. She then started hanging around with a pair of farmer twins in the Stormrage brothers.

2 Likes

… What are you on about?

3 Likes

Wait and see if someone older gets the joke or do some googling. I did make one mistake… the actress was actually Zsa Zsa’s very look alike sister, Eva Gabor.

The Suramar she was said to be from… was the same Suramar that was supposedly reduced to an absolute ruin in the WOTA trilogy. Keep more than likely she was from the outskirts territory of Suramar that surrounds the landside boundaries of the City of Suramar.

In otherwords, she is from Suramar….

2 Likes

Yeah… the rural low-rent district. They called the folks who lived there… . Highborne trash. :slight_smile: