How much are the Kaldorei and Horde in the same boat?

Siiiigh… I have addressed this already, now you are just going in circles. Not playing your game.

No, that’s not what it was at all.

1 Like

No you didn’t:

You explicitly ignored whatever doesn’t agree with you.

I’ll look it up in the War of the Ancients trilogy when I get home. I’m pretty sure Xavius brought the idea of using the Well of Eternity to cleanse the world of non-Highborne to Azshara before they even knew about the Legion.

4 Likes

Wow… I have never heard of ignoring something by blatantly addressing it. Interesting.

Sure you will.

UMm theres more history than that snowflake, like wc3 all the way to legion which the nelves where a part of.

Uh, I KNOW, but I was just going through the parts that the Night Elves and High/Blood Elves had very little, IF ANY, contact with each other.

WCIII/WCIIIex: the Frozen Throne is when the 2 kinds of elf met for the first time since the exile. How hard of concept is it to grasp that the Highborn were exiled and the 2 groups had ZERO WAY to know what the other was doing until WCIII? Liadrin could only know what happened with the Night Elves starting in WCIII and guess where I stopped? At the very point where Liadrin could start knowing what was going on.

But since you brought it up, Liadrin could have just stated it is “The Night Elves have only been involved in the world since the 3rd war” or “The Night Elves only became active since the world tree, Nordrassil, was destroyed”.

1 Like

It is around the end of Chapter Six of The Well of Eternity. Right after this, in the same chapter, is when the Legion contacts them.

Unable to meet his gaze, one of the other Highborne nonetheless dared say, “W-with all due respect, my Lord Xavius, that risks much! Such an additional increase may destabilize all we have already accomplished.”

“And what is that, Peroth’arn?” Xavius loomed over the other robed figures, his shadow seeming to
move of its own accord in the mad light of the spell. “Whathave we accomplished?”

“Why, we command more power than any night elf has ever commanded before!”

Xavius nodded, then frowned. “Yes, and with it, we can squash an insect with a mountain-sized hammer! You are a shortsighted fool, Peroth’arn! Consider yourself fortunate that your skill is demanded for this effort.”

A brief, throaty chuckle escaped Queen Azshara, but she did not contradict him. “What is there to understand? I simply restated that surely we must soon triumph! Soon we shall have the power and ability to cleanse our land of its imperfections, create of it the perfect paradise…”

“So it shall be, my queen. So it shall be. We are but a short time from the creation of a grand golden age. The realm—your realm—will be purified. The world will know everlasting glory!” Xavius allowed himself a slight smile. “And the blighted, impure races that in the past have prevented such a perfect age from issuing forth willcease to be.”

4 Likes

there a whole decade of the nelves being in the alliance fighting world threat after world threat. Liadrin is lying.

Ah, I see where you are coming from now, but here is the issue I have:

She does not say when such began nor ended, but as far as she knows the Night Elves where inactive from the time the Highborn were exiled till, well, WCIII. The decade of Night Elves being in the alliance fighting these threats does not negate that long period of time that the Night Elves were more or less just stories to the High Elves.

It would be little different then Tyrande saying that the Nightborn (or those that would become them) hid in their dome and left the world to fend for itself. Now this is true according to Tyrande but we, as players, learn that the Nightborn did such to protect the Eye of Aman’thul. Both sides are true, to them, but it takes learning both sides to separate truth from lie and once we hit a point where the sides are interacting again anything after that should be accounted for but does not negate what happened before that time.

4 Likes

She still lying cause liadrin and the belves didnt start saving the world till bc

Her people were the Helves first, and I already went over that a bit. It was not until WCIII that the High Elves/Blood Elves split. To disregard the actions the High Elves did would also be a lie.

Really, you just went from she is lying because she ignored the decade where Night Elves were in the Alliance to she is lying because her people are the Blood Elves, and in that second one implied that the Blood Elves were never High Elves.

3 Likes

Doesnt matter how did they save the world as helves, they just stayed in there kingdom and did nothing, the legion comes back in wc3 the first real world ending threat, and the nelves are there, and then the next one is the opening of AQ and the nelves are there, liadrian is a liar liar.

2 Likes

Ugh, you are just proving to set in your ways and believing that Liadrin is nothing but a liar. Which race worked with the humans to fight against agents of the Legion that appeared in the eastern kingdoms? which race sided with the humans in the 2nd war? Which race had members that went through the dark portal after the orcs and before Outland was formed? I’ll give you embellishment on Liadrin’s part, but it is often easier to embellish something at least grounded in what one knows as truth.

If you are thinking of trying to pin the Blood Elves as doing nothing in WCIII, let us not forget that Arthas wrecked Quel’thalas so there would be a question as to how much they could do. In addition, after the fall of Quel’thalas, Kael’thas lead members of the Blood Elves to join the remnants of the alliance in Lordaeron.

Now I’ll bring up the kinds of lies that could apply to this, if people are so intent on calling Liadrin a liar, then maybe we should see what kind of lies she is telling:

1. white lies: unlikely as this is the kind often used to be polite
  2. Fabrications: possible, but this is the kind that says one does not know for sure if something is true
  3. Bold faced: this is the kind of lie that everyone knows is a lie, so unlikely unless we think the characters have meta knowledge usually only seen by/given to players
  4. Exaggeration: this is one of the most likely ones as it takes the truth, or what one knows as truth, and mixes it with lies to make themselves look better
  5. Deception: another likely one as it can be accomplished by not telling all the facts.

Token force

Granted, but this just buys into my view of needing to figure out what kind of lies Liadrin is telling. It is just from my point of view that people are saying she is telling nothing but lies when, in all actuality, what she says could have that grain of truth among the lies. That is where we run into problems and need to separate the truth from: the fabrications, the exaggerations and the deceptions.

1 Like

Wait, wait, I know the answer to this one!

5 Likes

There is no grain of truth, whats wrong with her taking advantage of a situation and lying to get what she wanted?

If that is true, that still leaves fabrications as her lies. Unless you are saying that she has only told bold faced lies, which would be beyond stupid because boldfaced lies are lies that everyone knows are indeed lies which can’t be possible because Thalyssera would not know, hell in some cases even Liadrin would not know.

Nice deflection, but the best lies to do that are exaggerations and deceptions. Exaggerations build on what one knows as truth, in this case her claim that her people have fought to save this world (even a token force can count for that), Deception works best with half-truths or just leaving out some facts, like how Night Elves have been at the forefront since WCIII.

Why would she need exaggerations, the nightborne dont know anything that happened outside there bubble, and tyrande is being mean to them lol.

To bolster the Nightborn’s perception of the Blood Elves perhaps? After all, if the Nightborn don’t know anything that happened outside of their bubble, why would she need to lie in the first place?

How is she gonna get them to join the horde if she tells them Nah the nelves and the alliance actually saved the world more times than us.