How Many Times Were You Killed By 'Stitches' In Duskwood?

so, you just responded to be toxic.

and he is a world boss.

but you would need to play vanilla to know that.

this was JUST from BC. he was even harder in vanilla.

2 Likes

lol, because I never killed him in Vanilla. Oh wait I did. Several times. With like 15 people.

right you did lol. <_<

ps; he was 62 elite. when the cap was 60.

Yes, yes I did.

eek

stitches 
at least twice, at least. got to where i was always scanning the path ahead and the roadside and watching chat

1 Like

And raid bosses that have a skull on them are technically 63.

1 Like

you arent all there, are you?

if you are just going to pick at very single thing i say, to argue over semantics- then you can get reported for being a troll.

move along.

1 Like

Stating truthful facts isn’t trolling. Mechanically Raid bosses are level 63 in vanilla. If they were 10+ levels higher like the skulls indicate, no amount of +def would keep the tanks from getting constant crushing blows.

Either way, being level 62 and not having the skull is another tic against Nathanos being a world boss.

2 Likes

Sorry Moon but again I must disagree.
Raid/World bosses while technically lvl 63 would show up as a Skull in level to mark being a boss.

Nathanos however would show up as lvl 62.

Secondly World Bosses are created solely for the concept of having an out in the world RAID BOSS. A powerful npc requiring a raid to kill solely for loot. Nathanos in no form dropped loot and was specifically out there for lore and quests. He was also faction specific mind you.

For more confirmation of his status as being an elite npc rather than a raid boss.
//classicdb. ch/?npc=11878
" * Level: 62

• Class: Elite"
    Compared.
    //classicdb. ch/?npc=6109
    " * Level: ??

• Class: Boss"

(“Can’t include links” so add the ht thing before them and remove the freaking space wtf Blizzard?! with links?!)

of course he was faction specific.

that is a post i wrote up, to summarize his lore. he has been horde since before his death. let alone while in undeath.

i wont address the rest. since we were discussing vanilla, not BC or his nerf.
because essentially, you are trying to show that he could be solo’ed. you could solo him in BC, as a fully geared tank or even bear/healer but not in vanilla. by those standards, no matter if we want to go over him being world or raid, he was a boss and you could not solo him. as you can most elite npcs. the only thing that set him and shandris feathermoon apart, was the fact that nathanos had two other abilities and she only had one. and you should probably look her up for clarification.
of course, that is not including his fear etc.

You are defining a boss by the requirement of a raid. Just because they required a raid to kill it did not make them a boss. By said definition single mob trash within raids were bosses.

I honestly do not mean to argue with you, just that calling him a world boss, or a version of a world boss, is technically incorrect. He if anything was a very unique elite, one not often seen in Warcraft. Neither normal elite nor considered boss worthy yet with the strength of a relative boss.

The issue being Blizzard’s form of categorizing elites as bosses was never put in for him. This is done by making their lvl appear as a skull. And if I recall correctly, even if you outleveled a boss, their level remained a skull.

Honestly if they had simply given him a skull level, it would single-handidly side the point to you. That was their mark for raid/world bosses. (that or a mob 10 lvls over you)

And just to show I am being fair here.
I do have to correct myself.
Bosses do not require loot to be dropped for said categorization. World bosses may be like raid bosses in the specific sense but that’s something I do not believe is ever specified. This conclusion is reached with the topic of City Bosses. Boss NPCs that are kings/chiefs of their faction race. They are considered bosses as well hence their level being a skull even if same faction. However they do not drop loot.

oh, i see. that is the basis that people wish to assign the fact that he wasnt a boss in any form. just an (elite?) npc.

makes perfect sense. when we apply current difficulty. but hey, who am i to disagree? people will see when the time comes. :slight_smile:

its like comparing Stiches to Nathanos lmfao. but more power to you.

I’m just talking specifications.
He is not specified as a boss. Honestly as said, if they literally put a skull for his level and upped him in the database to 63 instead of 62 then you’d be entirely correct.

By all means strength wise he is definitely worthy to be called a boss to some degree, I am not challenging his strength. Just Blizzard’s classification. Calling him “Vanilla’s version of a world boss” when Vanilla had world bosses that follow the same main line they always have is by technicality incorrect.

It is not my doing mind you, his strength, to me, warrants him a boss rank. But apparently he was not considered as such for various unknown reasons. Sadly that was 14 years ago so the likelihood of us ever finding out why he never got such a ranking by Blizzard is extremely slim. I’d be interested in learning though.

If we really wanted to dig into specifics. He is more like a Dungeon Boss. Technically a boss but not to the full level of a full 40man raid boss. These bosses never got the skull clarification and obviously not the specific lvl 63.

I think twice, before I caught on to what that yelled NPC warning was about.

We used to /cheer the Horde who came to kill him, on Kael’thas.

I mean, he handed out quests to Hordies, and Alliance only killed him because of a quest. That right there puts him in the elite quest NPC category over “world boss” category.

The thing about stitches is he may be a 35 elite but he would probably have the health of a 20 man raid of level 35s. He doesnt hit much harder then most 35 elites but his health is much larger.

Im pretty sure it was only once. After that i always noped the hell out the second i saw the alarm (and giggled at everyone getting wasted by him). Also, once people catch on he’s usually dead before he even reaches the path to stv. Which is kind of sad. Dont tell them! This thread needs to go dark.

But if there is truly a mob out there worthy of respect it has to be the son of arugal in silverpine. If we compare bodycounts, i reckon he has stitches beat.
Actually, i change my opinion again. Slipper wearing devilsaurs are probably the worst for roflstomping the unaware. Throw around a bunch of baby dino’s youre trying to avoid and paying close attention to and BLAM, theres a ninja Trex eating your face.

1 Like

Pretty sure once - after the first, I learned my lesson. He was more of an annoyance than a danger.

Have people forgotten the Alliance Outriders in the southern Barrens and the Horde in Loch Modan? The latter kicked my butt good when I was a newbie of one month old back in Wrath and all I saw was a brief glimpse of angry orc face.

2 Likes

That I can recall? Only once.