How many of you won't be playing TBC?

Yeah I’m staying classic.

I’m only just now dinging close to my first 60 and I feel they released content wayyyy too quick.

I had two periods where I had to leave for 2-4 months and missed both the gates if AQ and Naxx invasion because I thought the content would be released the same times apart as the original.

So I’m staying until I’ve cleared everything including Naxx :yellow_heart::muscle:

8 Likes

Eh still not sure. May keep my priest on Classic and take my Warlock into TBC. Kind of disheartened with the TBC arena changes making offhands harder to get for enhance Shaman. Really liked it in TBC and thought I’d roll one specifically for TBC but may not now.

Yes, it is the right move to cut participation by 70 percent and only have sweat lords duking it out. I love how retailers all the sudden think welfare epics are a bad thing. You were given legendaries from reaching in between couch cushions every week and somehow appalled at a system that was in place over a decade ago.

4 Likes

Doesn’t bother me one bit. I’ll play and so will many others. The small number who unsub will be replaced by newcomers.

I plan to play TBC, but I’m going to copy this char to Classic Era just in case TBC doesn’t work out…

You do know that it’s most likely going to be like the current PvP system we have right? You need X rank to equip and buy R10 gear I highly doubt that we need to retain the rating for us to use the gear.

A blue post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

You don’t need to retain rating to equip an item, rating is only required to purchase it.

See it’s just like how we’ve already bought PvP gear.

I think this entire situation is being blown way out of proportion, so you can’t get your free PvP epics boohoo play some arena and earn it . Is the tornado a bad decision, yes but so far it’s the only one i see.

I’m looking forward to perma-vanilla. I’m basically done with the gear grind. I loved vanilla Warlock specs and how they felt and played. Being able to log in when I feel like it with no schedule commitment and retaining access to my favorite classes in the incarnation of them I most enjoy sounds fantastic after a year and a half of a busy raid schedule and farming to meet consumable needs.

Edit: I’ll be looking for a premade PVP focused group. I loved Bloodsail Buccaneers, but there were little to no PVP premades, and those were one of my favorite parts of vanilla days.

4 Likes

PVP is a mini-game so I don’t care about it all, going to keep playing and anyone who unsubs will just be replaced by the mass amount of new people playing.

Me too, I would like a fresh classic server with no world buffs, no boosting (bannable) and immediate bans for gold buyers.

3 Likes

But she is a gnome.

1 Like

Gnomes are people too. Don’t be so bigoted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

2 Likes

They most certainly are not people, good sir!

So we can eat gnomes and not be cannibals?

1 Like

Gnomes are a totally different species.

Unless you are a Gnome, you can in fact eat them and not be a cannibal.

What that has to do with them not being people is beyond me.

Was asking for a friend. :sunglasses:

I am tempted to sell weapon boosts in TBC but the Bracket will be trash so I am not exactly all that interested in TBC (by Blizzard) any more.

As for “Classic” I am likely to keep my PVP rogue on Classic now and just go play on endless for TBC Arena because its gonna be ENDLESSLY better than this nonsense BS from Blizzard.

2 Likes

If they make a fresh server I would roll on that but I’m afraid their won’t be enough players playing Classic to advance my character anymore. Wait and see I guess.

I’ll play it, in fact, I actually cannot wait for it to launch.

I dont get it. First season of TBC the only pvp gear you had whitout ratings was the blue one. Second season you could buy the old s1 set with honor and marks.
What did they change exactly?

Seasons 1 and 2 had no rating requirements at all. It offered people many BiS items mostly weapons that filled gaps in gearing a fresh toon.

1 Like