How many of you won't be playing TBC?

With the recent announcement of all PvP gear being locked behind a rating gate that 90% of players will never reach my soul is crushed and TBC arena will be dead at launch.

So how many people will just be sticking with Classic?

17 Likes

Not all PvP is locked behind a rating. Honor gear is still there (Which is half the set, plus blue fill ins).

Did you also know the first few weeks of TBC NOONE will have a full set of PvP gear?

Why can’t you climb the ranks then?

If you wait until they already have the gear, wouldn’t they already be out of your MMR range?

3 Likes

I’m not happy about the arena changes, but I’m still going to play TBC because I’m not a drama queen.

Couchy

11 Likes

I just unsubbed. I hope enough people follow suit and raise enough hell so that theyre forced to either hurt their bottom line or give us what we want.

6 Likes

There is a really high chance now that TBC is totally ruined by MTX and a large number of small changes that just draw the fun out of TBC.

I’m planning to stick around for phase 1, as that will be the most fun, but come phase 2 and beyond I’ll likely not be playing at all and will drop my sub.

I do plan on copying my characters to a Vanilla perm server.

5 Likes

oh booo hooo, would you like a participation trophy with your unrated gear too? PvP gear was locked behind rating in later seasons as it was in wrath, cata, and MoP as well. Get over it. Rating gated gear is how it should be and is the right move.

3 Likes

I’m still planning to play both but I still feel like I will have enjoyed my current Classic experience much more, and that will be shown in my /played time. For me, this has nothing to do with the arena change, boosts, mounts, or anything else that is really bothering people it’s just that I like Classic (Era) more and I don’t like TBC as much.

This has been my answer pretty much every time the question is asked. So I plan to go with TBC with my guild and try to enjoy it a much as possible while being happy that I binged as much as I did on Classic in the last 2 years. I will also play Classic era some although we will see how that goes.

1 Like

Crickets

if youre basing your decision to not play tbc off the fact you cant get free pvp gear because your fingers or brain doesnt work fast enough, well…nvm, that makes sense if its the latter.

2 Likes

I was stoked about TBC until they destroyed arenas today. I have no plans to play it now unless the changes are reverted. Anyone who claims to like the changes are literally trolling.

13 Likes

To be fair, I do believe it’s possible to be completely lacking in empathy and foresight without actively being a troll.

7 Likes

You have a more positive outlook on people than I do. :grin:.

5 Likes

Do I?

Do I really?

4 Likes

I was being facetious. I think we are both equally cynical of the human race and probably worked in the same profession that made us this way. :grin:

1 Like

It’s looking less and less likely I will.

I’m really hoping for a fresh Classic server.

3 Likes

I plan to just a little bit play TBC just to check out a little bit, mostly going to play classic. I played TBC in the past, might arena log or something like that, I’m just not interested in chasing end game in it.

If areans meant that much to your TBC experience, the change wouldn’t change the game.

1 Like

That is one incredibly idiotic statement but I would not expect you to grasp why the changes are so bad. :v:

1 Like

I know.

I almost posted a profession, then I remembered that I don’t feel like getting banned today.

2 Likes

i never played arena back in the day but i did some in bfa for some reason or another, i think to get more weekly loot, and retail arenas start you at 0. it takes almost no time at all to get up to 1400-1500 provided you actually win games. if tbcs new arena system works like retails itll take no time flat to get up to 1500. you get a ton of points per win and lose almost no points per loss. so idk why people are up in arms about that

and full disclosure, i was planning on doing the whole “play 10 games, intentionally lose, get my points, remake arena team next week” strat for the free gear, but it makes sense that theyd do something to fix that.

if youre mad about this change, you just want free gear. and thats no good.

care to elaborate? or could you. my wager is you cant explain how its idiotic, just that this change hurts you because you cant get free gear so its bad.

1 Like

How? If you cared so much about arenas for the TBC experience, you wouldn’t have trouble reaching that rating.

Maybe I’m missing something, please explain how the arena changes are bad.

1 Like