How many of you will actually stop playing retail WoW?

I don’t think anyone will quit “retail.”

Battle for Azeroth or Classic, it’s all “retail.”

I already stopped. Two weeks into BFA and I was bored out of my mind.
I’ll be back when Classic launches – and that’s really if Blizzard do it correctly.

2 Likes

Played 2 months of some expansion before i got bored.

Prior to that it was just early TBC before I quit. We killed Gruul and I quit. lol.

I will start by saying BFA has some great story lines. They have been fun including some of the side quests.

What Classic will offer me is a fresh start and everyone on the same playing field. No sharding, No Cross realm, AV is no longer just racing to the General ignoring the opposing faction, bringing back old talent trees, everyone earns their blues and epics and just bringing back that true community feel then Classic will win me over. Retail will take a back seat.

1 Like

I’ll play both. Retail makes it easy to raid.

1 Like

I haven’t touched BfA for a while, only waiting for classic

I’ll play retail primarily with vanilla being filler and bored content. I miss the days of old, but that experience will never again be the same. It will be great for a nostalgia trip, but current version just fits my life requirements much better.

Oh wow thanks for telling me what I like? What was the point of your post?

I stopped in May. Don’t plan on returning to the addiction

Not going to play Classic either. Did that for 2 years in the Heyday of the game and I doubt the experience is repeatable.

Whatever I don’t like about live will change with a future patch and it will be something else. It’s a fine game, super addictive and full of content. In essence, everything I need to avoid, and go back to living life with other live humans.

Qil

I re-activated my subscription when they announced Classic. I always buy every new expansion and play casually for a few weeks or months, I’ll continue to do so with upcoming retail expansions. It’s always interesting to see where the current game is, and what each expansion’s new areas are like. I don’t care much about the current 5 mans or raids - not even the LFRs.

But I’m waiting for Classic.

I managed to quit completely few months ago, havent subbed even when offered aome free time, unlike the last several times. For the last two expansions ive only subbed becauae i was addicted. Didnt have anywhere near enough fun to justify sub, just went through the motions. Heck the last two years id only play 1/4 weeks of the month i subbed for.

So retail is finally gone.

But with Classic sub allowing retail too ill definitely hop on to reorganize my bars, assign talent points, run a quick 10 minute dungeon and go back to classic.

1 Like

I quit right before raid release in the current expansion and I don’t have any plans to go back, I will however play classic. The live game just takes to much time if you want to raid at a high level, and the casual experience is just garbage. Raid 3 nights a week, plus a few hours every night doing WQs, on top of m+, on top of farming. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, I just don’t have the time to play 4+ hours every night 7 days a week just so I can raid in a top 500 world ranked guild, and I don’t have the patience or desire to play casually, so I just stopped playing. Classic however is more about social interaction, meeting people and making friends and helping each other complete quests or run dungeons. Way I see it, at a minimum I’ll get 2-3 months of a fun leveling experience.

1 Like

Already cancelled my sub til classic.

1 Like

Quit at battle of Darkshore/Siege of UC.

Yeah because it sucked so bad it had 8 million subs as opposed to current with all its improvements 2 to 3?

1 Like

I stopped mid way through WoD, and i played WoW from its first day of release. I have zero interest in the live game at all.

1 Like

They’re two completely different games, to be honest. I’ll likely play for a month at the start of each retail patch to experience the story, do some bgs, then go back to the real game, classic. My main on retail is the same main I played in classic so I’ve a lot of history with that character, hard to give him up entirely.

In answer to all the OP’s questions, in order:

Already have. I’m still subbed, but that’s only because I bought a six-month sub and I’m not cancelling in the off-chance Classic launches during that time period.

1.) I prefer the old world to the post-Cataclysm world.

2.) The gameplay is better. I literally had to force myself OFF the demo and NOT do any quests while it was live just to not spoil myself.

There’s nothing about live I especially like apart from transmog.

Ill be honest there are things i will miss with this char very much but i think i will play classic and go on retail hiatus while blizzard gets their act together on live

One thing I’ve found on BfA is that it’s absurdly easy to pay for game time tokens just by casually running around getting herbs/ore to sell on the AH.

So I’ll probably keep doing that just to pay for the Classic sub, since they’re linked.