How many of you will actually stop playing retail WoW?

Yo,

Please no trolling, real talk.

Are you really going to stop playing Live for Classic full time? Like, you won’t even bother with it at all?

I have a lot of friends that that are saying they don’t even wanna play the next Raid or patch, they are just waiting on their sub to end.

So, if you are going to play Classic and ignore Live… why is that?

What exactly you don’t like about live? and if they changed those thing to the old days… would you ignore Classic?

13 Likes

Majority of people in this forum aren’t even subbed I’d guess.

154 Likes

Retail is trash, I haven’t played it in years. I’m only coming back for Classic. If they mess up Classic then I’m going to wait on Pantheon.

117 Likes

Can’t stop what I don’t do

87 Likes

My relationship with Live has nothing to do with Classic. I stopped playing Live a month ago because I was bored and the expansion just isn’t terribly enjoyable at this stage. I’ve been ultra-casually messing around in LoTRO after a four-year break and that’s been entertaining as heck. LoTRO may keep me away from Classic for a spell.

The best thing I did with Legion was stop playing for 11 months. I came back to a maxed-out Artifact, plenty of gearing options and lots of content to wade my way through. Ended up enjoying Legion quite a bit by giving it up for a while.

14 Likes

My sub ends Saturday. So… yeah.

8 Likes

I haven’t played retail in a little under a year.
What I don’t like about live is, that no matter how hard you try to catch up to content, for those that want to experience more than a small sliver of it, you’re always going to be behind. There’s always going to be new stuff coming out. With classic, there will be no new content coming out (outside of the raid scheduling) and there will ultimately be a time where I can experience all aspects of the game at level. I won’t have to go back at a higher level. I’ll be able to level all the classes and see how they play in those aspects.

27 Likes

You can post here without a sub? rofl.

No wonder…

6 Likes

I haven’t played live since around the second week of BfA launch, except to log in for the anniversary achievement. I found the game’s azerite gearing design to be beyond awful, and I’m just a casual. If I were a serious raider, it would drive me insane.

20 Likes

Just so you’re aware of who you’re dealing with, there’s a loud segment of people here who want new content added exclusively to Classic WoW.

1 Like

Canceled 2 accounts months ago

7 Likes

I don’t even want to imagine this forum if only subbed people could post. What a nightmare.

60 Likes

The chances of Blizz adding anything major to classic is slim to none. They’re already showing they plan to have as little “hands on deck” with classic through the plans to have sharding in entry zones, the item trade system, and all the other automated stuff that already comes with the new backbone. I cannot see them actually devoting time to creating any major new content with a skeleton crew.

I am completely fine with them adding things like holiday bosses though. It would break up the monotony slightly and add some fun content that doesn’t make or break anything.

11 Likes

i bet it would be mostly dead, with a few posts asking for changes

16 Likes

I actually do play retail currently, and I currently have no plans to stop playing retail once Classic comes out. Maybe I’m one of the few in this forum who actually enjoys retail and who also enjoyed Vanilla. My real motivation for playing a game, any game, is community, and right now I have a pretty good community in retail and I have no plans to walk away from that. I do plan to play Classic, but I have no plans currently to quit retail for Classic.

Yeah BfA has issues, even major ones, but Vanilla had its share of issues also. That doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the game and the community despite them.

12 Likes

Preaching to the choir, friend…I agree with all of this. If the Classic Games team is handling long-term work on this, they’ve got plenty of other more important projects to work on (WC3, D1/D2) than pleasing a small group who insists that Karazhan was really meant for Vanilla and should be released. I’m for an eternity of Naxx farming and PvP on these realms.

2 Likes

im sure there are, but thats a pipe dream. classic doesnt have that kind of development team, and doesnt seem likely to get it considering blizzards new financial direction

4 Likes

Haven’t been subbed since mid wrath, once I realised that wrath killed wow I stopped handing money over the blizzard.

15 Likes

I’ve already stopped. There’s no reason to play anymore. The game is just a complete, unenjoyable mess for me right now. There’s nothing they can do to fix that.

I don’t have my hopes up for Classic much, either. I’ll give it a shot when it comes out - but based on the cash-grab “demo”, I don’t have much hope for it.

6 Likes

I don’t enjoy the new content / gameplay, so I really don’t play it now. I miss the old game, and I feel a bit like it was taken away. So when classic launches, I’ll be back to playing the game I miss, not the game I’ve got yet don’t really want.

Give me back the Azeroth before Cataclysm, and before major cities were ruined. I miss all the adventure and peril of meeting other players in the game when you couldn’t just fly away.

11 Likes