How many of you will actually stop playing retail WoW?

This guy is one of the long lost WoW players I miss playing with…not literally, figuratively.

1 Like

I plan to play classic full time, the direction of retail just isn’t for me right now.

I already don’t play retail so yeah I’m going to be pretty much exclusively Classic. As for if will be “full time” probably not. It’s gonna be more log on do a few quests, or a dungeon or two and then log off. Likely going to take me many months before I even hit level cap and then I’ll spend time grinding out AV for my Frost Wolf Howler before I even think about trying to get gear for raiding.

Honestly most of my gearing will likely be incidental. I love dungeons and such so when I hit max level I’ll run them, and as such I’ll get gear, but I’m not going to just grind all day long and run every raid/dungeon that pops on my screen.

1 Like

i havent touched live for months and can say i officially quit.

playing retail has been like smoking. cancerous to your health, causes depression and the only reason you do it- is purely out of habit. a bad habit.
i can say that i broke that habit a long time ago.

the only reason i used to log in- is to save my character names. but it is so bad, i dont even care anymore. i could lose a name i have had since BC and wouldnt give two cents.

going classic full time. :heart:

6 Likes

I will keep Retail and not play Classic. I was there in Vanilla. It was good back then coz I was hardcore. I don’t believe Vanilla is casual friendly. I don’t believe you would beat Naxx 40 as Casual.

Look… Molten Core 40, Black Wing Lair 40, AQ 40 then Naxx 40. There is ZG 25 and Onyxia 40 plus 40-man World Bosses. How many loots per Boss? How many runs to gear 40-man?

Sorry, nope. I wont do it again. It was fun as hardcore back then. It was an awesome experience. But now I am casual. I am just practical. Would I render sleepless nights again for a Computer Game? I have kids to take care. I don’t have time for Classic. I wont do Classic as Casual just to beat Scholomance. I want to kill Kel’Thuzad of Naxx 40.

2 Likes

Given the absolute mess that is the state of Retail right now, I definitely wouldn’t come back unless they made wide sweeping changes. Its been talked about to death, and Blizzard is shockingly slow to address and adjust while also being totally out of touch when they do.

I feel like this issue might end up extending over to Classic WoW too to some degree.

3 Likes

You have to understand, they are not going to do such a thing. As awful as BfA is, the larger WoW audience is more acclimated to the conveniences of modern WoW. That includes things like homogenized and streamlined class design, dumbed-down talent “trees”, and multiple difficulties of dungeons and raids.

The only reversions to older iterations of WoW that I believe the majority of players might welcome is a change from all-RNG-all-the-time back to the ability to set at least some concrete goals and work for them, and for raiding guilds to be able to use master loot.

1 Like

I quit playing in Cata when it finally dawned on me that WoW did not even resemble the game I once loved. I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic about Classic.

4 Likes

I won’t be, since I quit the first month of BFA with the obvious signs of neglect.

1 Like

just an fyi, you can log into a trial ftp character once every other expansion and preserve all names on your account

i wouldnt care that much if i lost a name either at this point, but someone might find that useful

1 Like

I’m comfused…

1 Like

They’re saying that they’d rather not play at all than play the parts of the game that aren’t completing the toughest raid.

Points for recognizing that a minority raided the first time, a minority will raid again, a truly tiny minority raided Naxxramas the first time and a truly tiny minority will raid Naxxramas again.

Those points and more immediately off again for acting like all the game content that doesn’t involve raiding somehow isn’t real, in the rest of the post.

3 Likes

It is funny how almost all of you are not even subbed. Of course you’ll want classic.

But don’t dream of an experience like 2004… it’s never the same “high”

Classic will in actuality remind you why wow sucked back then.

You want a real wow experience? Talk to your Uncle! :sob::mage:t2:‍♂️

Oh I remember the login queues, the waits for class balance changes, the server crashes. I remember the grinds, the drama of pugging and guild betrayals. I remember the wonder of exploring a whole new world for the first time, that I can never experience again. And I really did explore the whole world, taking my main character and doing every single quest available.

But I only played one main character—one class in one faction—and there was a whole lot I didn’t get to see before the Burning Crusade came along and lured everybody off to Outland. I think it would be fun to see more of the original world I hadn’t finished exploring.

4 Likes

Fair enough! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::metal:t2::rose:

What a goofy thing to say.

6 Likes

Indeed​:clap::rose::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::mage:t2:‍♂️:fire::tada:

The majority of posters here do have active subs

Whether that’s true or not I’m not seeing the relevance. There was a game I played that was fun. It was effectively discontinued (nonoptionally updated to a game that wasn’t at all fun). I stopped playing it. If it was re-released I would play it again. It’s that simple.

“It is funny how almost all of you are not even subbed. Of course you’ll want classic.” seems to hinge on an unstated assumption that what everyone wants is to play something called World of Warcraft, and if the people who want Classic would just subscribe to the garbage fire currently on live, we’d have our “must play World of Warcraft” need met and stop caring about things like…fun games.

11 Likes

thats how i decided to do it and have been doing it since i quit. log in once, long enough to save the name and let the rest of the time run out.