How many of you have made peace with slime cat mount?

I have never thought much of it in the first place. The way it looks isn’t my taste.

Its an ugly mount lol. I wouldnt want it if it were free.

2 Likes

Raid 1, guild tried… but too small and not geared enough. We won’t be able to get it unless we hit mythics far too hard to enjoy the game.

Would have to pug it, which lowers the moral of the guild…

I will help people gear for raiding in my community.

Does friendship bloom in the battlefield?

1 Like

Reminds me of the Brutosaur. Blizzard makes really stupid decisions for things that really shouldn’t be so controversial, but they seem to go out of their way to create controversy in their own game.

1 Like

I don’t make peace. I choose violence.

The whole concept of seasons is a blight on the gaming industry in my opinion.

I may not be up in arms, but I will never be truly at peace with temporary events offering permanent rewards.

2 Likes

My most prestigious mounts I don’t care about to a large degree. It’s nice to have them, but I don’t play the game for mounts. With Dragonflight bringing new flying to the game too, how relevant are our older mounts going to be? and I just feel bad for completionism playing this game, it’s not even meant for it imo, but they created a demand for it to keep subs. Completionism should be related to skill, and effort, not RNG artificially extending it.

For the first time since Legion, I made a choice. I want this mount. Therefor I am going to work on getting this mount. I knew no one in their right minds would take me with a ilvl of 232 though. I have never done Mythic+. EVER. Not once! I was terrified of trying. I hate timers in any game. Oh no, but I wasn’t geared enough to really try Mythic0. So I hopped into Heroics. Easy 249 stuff. I managed to get my ilvl to a comfortable level for me.

I signed up for a bunch of mythic0 groups going on. I was declined for most of them, but I finally got into 1. I didn’t remember the fights for a lot of the dungeons, but DBM held my hand well enough.

After I ran 2 or 3 of them, I was in a group who wondered what key I had, it was one they wanted to try. None of us knew what we were doing in Lower Kara, but we managed to clear it. 1h 15 minutes later ( Attumen SUCKS! ). After that, I decided to run every dungeon on mythic0 first, to get more gear. I got pretty lucky on drops. I made my legendary boots as well. Ran LFR, got a weapon token for a 272.

I then gave another mythic +2 a go, it went a lot smoother. Grimrail Depot. No wipes, timer completed. No loot either, but I was still proud of myself. I was still to afraid to try the Fated raid on Normal, but from what I read there are a few opportunities to get it done, so I wasn’t stressed.

I am ultra casual. I haven’t stepped foot in raid or dungeon content in YEARS! I am going to get this mount though. I swear it! Jell-O kitty will be mine!

3 Likes

In any case, the slime cat mount has made me weary of the company’s actions in general. I was that person who pre-ordered the same day a new expansion is announced, got all the shop mounts, toys and pets, had recurrent 6-months subs on all my accounts.

I don’t do that anymore. If their attitude is going to be to hype stuff and then change things at the very last minute to move the goal post even farther away every time or to kill the fun, then I’ll wait to the very last second to order (no more pre), and they can only have my gold, I’ll no longer pay with money for a sub.

And no, I won’t get the mount. I took a break from raiding for a reason, and that reason is still a reason. I didn’t vote for the slime cat, so it doesn’t feel like a loss.

4 Likes

I think people make the mistake of thinking Blizz listens to forum feedback, and also is in the business of making ethical decision. Virtually all decisions made by Blizzard is monetarily driven. People think Slime Cat in normal is to “urge” players to play at a higher difficulty in a parent like way pushing you more to your limits. Hell no, they’re making this decision because they get more money if it’s not included in LFR. People just pay for the mount with carry’s. That’s 100$ for 3 full raid clears. I saw it going for 300k, so 900k divided by 200k token. It’s 100 dollars per cat.

1 Like

I gained peace when i found out it was mad ugly to me so i have zero reasons to care about it’s existence.

2 Likes

Well said!

1 Like

Typical aversion therapy. if we keep them focused on this small fact. maybe we can sneak in this and that and no one will notice. :joy:

1 Like

I personally think the mount is ugly so I don’t care if it doesn’t drop in LFR or whatever people are mad about this time. Just the masses clinging onto one thing after another to complain about, nothing new here.

Oh man, with that line of logic I’m wondering what underhanded stuff they’re doing in Dragonflight while everyone is fixated on the soar nerf! :joy:

Or the slime cat?.. must be huge if they gave us not one but TWO ridiculous things to argue over… :rofl:

Don’t forget pronouns.

Imagine thinking LFR is not a raid.

Oh yeah, forgot about those… it’s also a typical strat of war… send a few skirmishes over here… one over there, scatter small battles about… and when they are distracted. BAM right in the backside. :rofl:

1 Like