How many blood elf leaders will die in Midnight?

I would be worried about Lor’themar if Thalyssra appears pregnant from here until midnight.

Everyone knows “your wife is pregnant” is one of the biggest death flags in fiction.

But I really don’t see any blood elf leader dying in midnight.

2 Likes

I hope Liadrin survives.

Agreed. If Liadrin doesn’t make it out of Midnight alive, Salandria is the obvious successor for her, not Arator.

He’s been set up as such, but just what role he’ll play is up in the air.

Could be he dies on the altar of character development to push Alleria one way or another.

Could be this elven unification sets him up as the King/Emperor of a new Elven empire. It’d be weird, but if the Arathi are led by a Half-Elf Emperor and wind up as antagonists, perhaps they devs would want us to have our own Half-Elf Emperor/King to rival them or something. Mind you, I really don’t see Arator ending up ruling Quel’Thalas, or holding a position of authority in a new elven nation.

If Arator ends up in some sort of position of authority, it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up as the new Arathi Emperor after we oust the old one. Given Arator himself is a Paladin, but understands the Light isn’t the be-all-end-all force out there, it could be probable. That said, he’s not been set up for that at all.

If I had to gamble, I’d give strong odds that he’ll be killed off so Alleria either gives up the void, or goes off the deep-end and becomes a void raid boss.

Yeah I’m wondering if the Visions of N’Zoth were lies or truth, maybe half truth? Maybe the expac itself will be more lies. With it being Void Lords maybe it could completely deceptive, and we have to fight that madness.

You could lump the Nighborne ones with them and we still would not have enough for a decent bettting pool.

Like I said, I was asleep when that happened. It was a whole thing. Blame Shadowsong.

Last time I saw Kael he was keeping it real and forcing us Blood Elves to become tough and embrace the challenges of Outland to create a new, magically-based society for our people.

Out of character, we can all agree that Kael’thas siding with the Burning Legion was the dumbest and most out of character moment in Warcraft history (at the time).

Like…it actually made negative sense.

5 Likes

That certainly is something a legion pawn would whisper into the heads of a demon hunter to make them join the legion.

The question does become, did a demon hunter end up more loyal to Illidan than Kael’thas at the end of the day? Do a Blood Elf demon hunter trust the word of their own people, over the legion’s?

At this point, Kael’thas is not going to start an aggressive takeover, as someone else in the thread pointed out. Lor’themar and Kael’thas have, allegedly, had a talk about Lor’themar’s current position as the leader of the Blood Elves and we can only assume that Lor’themar sticking with it means that Kael’thas greenlit it.

Also, didn’t the tempest raid and the “death” of Kael’thas and his announcement in Shattrath, where he made it quite obvious that he was a pawn of the legion, not happen before the attack on the Black Temple? Which is where Illidan sent his demon hunters off to the Legion world.

So depending on how quickly information went in Outland, I am pretty sure Blood Elven demon hunters knew of Kael’thas’ betrayal before being put to sleep.

1 Like

Yeah I did too. Within the past year. Kael’thas definitely jumps the shark between Tempest Keep and Sunwell Plateau. I didn’t get the sense he was betraying his people to the legion in Tempest Keep. The shift was very jarring.

2 Likes

If we step out of the roleplay for a second, it became quite obvious that Kael’thas joined the legion even before his announcement at Shattrath. Not to mention that his treatment of the Blood Elven pilgrims from Azeroth were quite demeaning, they were basically treated as slaves.

Of course, one can roleplay their character however, but the scenario made it so that there was no doubt about Kael’thas’ betrayal whatsoever. Of course, if one preferred being allied with the legion, that is a whole other matter.

It was obvious to me that Kael wasn’t a good guy. But I never in a million years would’ve thought that he would betray his people. Especially after all the Legion (indirectly) did to his people by CREATING THE SCOURGE.

It’s just so beyond the pale.

You say they were treated as slaves? I saw people who weren’t ready to make the sacrifices necessary to build their new home. I know exactly what quest you’re referring to when you mention slaves. The one in Netherstorm with the disaffected Kael’thas supporter.

That was one opinion. People came to Outland willingly. With the express purpose of building the new society. They should’ve known what they were getting themselves into WHEN THEY DECIDED TO COLONIZE ANOTHER PLANET :stuck_out_tongue:

Like…I played the Blood Elf questline as a kid like everyone else. The whole story-arc (after helping Silvermoon join the Horde) is about earning the right to reach Outland. I waited until I was level 58 and could handle the hardships of Outland (on my OG blood elf warlock). Whats the excuse of the other guys?

I really never had sympathy for the complainers under Kael’thas. At all. The Scryers make sense because they have moral differences. The people who just complained that Kael was “too hard” on us are wimps.

1 Like

I’m hoping Lor’themar dies after doubling down on how happy he and Thalyssra are. Bonus points if he was gonna be a father.

Alternatively, keep the same scenario, but kill Thalyssra instead.

Whatever’s more tragic, I want it to make me cry.

We’ve had it too good, too long.

1 Like

I guess the perspective on what is slavery and what is, is also a matter of moral difference. But fact of the matter is, there was hard prove that Kael’thas worked with the legion even before his “death”. Legion forces were found with orders from Kael’thas.

Remember, that said “complainer” worked under a Doomguard, a legion demon.

I don’t think there is any room for doubt a to whether the blood elven pilgrims were treated as slaves or not.

Whether the story of Kael’thas’ betrayed made sense or not, is redundant to me. I agree it didn’t. But it happened and Blizzard have made sure that the evidence in the netherlands was quite obvious, there is no hinting, it is straight out told to us in black and white.

Just gotta bear that in mind whenever one roleplays.

Can you show me this? You could be 100% right.

I would still say that this is kind of easily missable, and inconsistent with other things we see throughout TBC (and that’s ignoring everything WC3 set up with him that just got thrown out the window.)

Like you said: it is a matter of perspective, and I think it’s a product of Blizzard being inconsistent with Kael’thas, which is my core point.

It’s kind of like a Stonetalon Garrosh thing, but in reverse. Kael’thas, from WC3, to the RPGs, to early TBC, seemed to be going on a very different character arc than what we ended up seeing in Sunwell Plateau.

You have this

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Damning_Evidence

As you may have noticed, there are servants of the Burning Legion all over Manaforge Ara. Kael’thas has entered an alliance with the Burning Legion. He must’ve caught wind of Illidan’s descent into insanity and switched paymasters accordingly.

If the Scryers get definite proof of this, it will give them a considerable political advantage. I know for a fact that the Legion forces at this manaforge have orders that bear Kael’s seal.

Get these orders and bring them to Thalodien.

And then of course this

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dealing_with_the_Overmaster

Description

I used to be the foreman here. But now that I’ve been demoted, I’ve come to realize our pilgrimage from Quel’Thalas to Outland was all a lie.

A lie perpetrated by Kael’thas to strengthen his forces here in the Netherstorm.

I’ve tried to convince my brethren that we should leave, especially with the Burning Legion here, but they are all too stubborn.

Do me a favor? Kill Overmaster Grindgarr. Then return to your ethereal and tell him that I am no longer his enemy.

Completion

A doomguard overmaster? That’s odd! What’s the Burning Legion doing in there?

So, some of the blood elves are defecting. We’ll keep that in mind if we ever attempt to take the place by force. At least there’s some good news that has come from all of this, no?

Please, name, take this with my deepest gratitude.

1 Like

As you may have noticed, there are servants of the Burning Legion all over Manaforge Ara. Kael’thas has entered an alliance with the Burning Legion. He must’ve caught wind of Illidan’s descent into insanity and switched paymasters accordingly.

If the Scryers get definite proof of this, it will give them a considerable political advantage. I know for a fact that the Legion forces at this manaforge have orders that bear Kael’s seal.

Get these orders and bring them to Thalodien.

I must be missing the context of the quest because this sounds like he’s saying the doomguard is in league with blood elves who are defecting to the burning legion.

But the first quote seems pretty definitive to me. That sucks. All it proves is that they were assassinating his character slightly earlier that I thought :stuck_out_tongue:

In a roleplay sense, I’m sure there’s many of demon hunters who didn’t experience this side of Kael’thas, especially because they were working directly for Illidan. I can imagine many blood elf demon hunters being baffled that Kael’thas would do something as stupid and out of character as siding with the Legion

The quest is handed to you by one of the blood elven pilgrims who was enslaved, the former foreman and now demoted, and you then turn the quest in to an ethereal.

The ethereal in the completion text is surprised by the presence of the legion, but then remarks that it seems, on the basis of the former blood elven foreman, that some blood elves are defecting from Kael’thas’ forces.

Question is how long could this be quiet? How would Illidan and the demon hunters not already know? The information have been there long before Horde forces took down Kael’thas. So they most likely knew long before they were put to sleep by the wardens.

Who are you to say how widespread this knowledge was? I mean maybe I’m stupid but I never picked up on Kael’thas being in league with the Legion until Sunwell Plateau…because it’s just such a ridiculous idea.

How do we know how quickly information like this passes across Outland? What was the timespan between these events? How often were the demon-hunters hunting demons on other worlds?

But we’re really getting into the weeds here.

My point remains the same:

Making Kael’thas betray his people and defect to the Legion was the worst character decision Blizzard had ever made at the time.

I hated what they did with Kael’thas in WoW. The extreme change from WC III was the biggest disappointment for me, other than what they did to Lady Vashj in TBC. They seemed to have needed some instance bosses, so just forced these two into that. Even Illidan was flawed but him being a slave holder was crazy.

5 Likes

I feel that it was more a product of the writing at the time seemingly being so… edgy?

My knowledge of wow back in the day was very limited, so i didn’t knew, but looking at the past, it seems to be the case, Blood elves enslaving a Naaru, Kael’thas serving the legion, Illidan going crazy.

It seems that it was just the writing style of that period.