How long will Mistweavers bleed?

not with that mog, you make bad life decisions.

2 Likes

Good thing i follow function over form :slight_smile:

I feel like Essence font could be cool if it was just a channel but you could only punch/kick/do offensive and doing so will give additional healing. If u cast a heal the channel breaks. It being a channel is crap because the heal itself is weak.

Yulon and Chiji definitely need buffs. At least with Chi-Ji you can push some decent numbers but requires a lot more effort vs other healer 3 min cooldowns, as well as a talent slot.

Unless you are in the contest for world first for 9.0… which you aren’t, because it’s over, pretty much EVERYTHING Max says is just blowing smoke into the wind.

Very bad advice for any normal player to be listening to.

I’ve been posting up his vids to my guild’s Discord for a while now, and as I would and we’d start talking about them - every single time we realize shortly in that all of the advice is detached from reality as most players know it.

It likely won’t even be useful for the 9.1 world first race.

1 Like

This might explain what I’m seeing. I’m finding it’s actually “smoother” on me to heal my raid group with my mistweaver than with my “OP meta” Holy Paladin.

No one runs Mistweaver, even in raids… because they’re looking at how it’s doing in M+… but in my raid, my monk is just doing amazingly well for me.

Once again, here is the official ‘buff Mistweaver’ thread - State of Mistweaver PVP - Shadowlands (Week 1)

I don’t think that’s true at all. Warlocks (Affliction) are beasts in raids while sucking extremely bad in M+ and everybody wants them.

The fact that MW is comparable to the other specs even in raids while also lacking the especial tools those other healers bring is what makes them undesirable for top level play. Why bring a MW if a Hpala can dish out 20x more DPS with Devotion Aura, BoP, Sacrifice, etc. all the while doing similar HPS?

The problem becomes that ‘undesirable for top level play’ somehow becomes ‘undesirable for general play’ due to the character of the community.

So many fools pick like they’re in the top 1%, when they’re actually in the bottom 50%…

But I’m still not convinced MW is bad at any level of play. I think a lot of the issue is just perception.

Kinda agree with this recent analysis:

1 Like

Yup. MW is MASSIVELY underrated in keys. I fully agree with madskillz here

Note to people ready to jump down the video maker’s throat:

Although the video was linked half way through, watch it from the beginning for context.

This guy is 10/10 mythic, was healing hundreds of high level keys on all classes throughout beta and retail, and is probably one of the strongest players all around making content like this on YouTube. He eats and breaths healing in wow.

Before you immediately dismiss his opinion because it’s not popular atm, take a minute to step back and realize his resume is probably much stronger than yours. Try to be objective for a minute when you watch.

1 Like

Try to justify your reason for saying MW don’t need buff all you want

But RaidIO class distribution across mythic+ dungeons remains to prove you wrong

Who said they don’t?

This is why I said watch the video from the beginning for context. It wasn’t a tier list for m+ overall, or for super high keys. Its about pugging ksm, and the points he made are completely valid.

The guy even says the story is different for bleeding edge keys, and he details why.

1 Like

Wasnt necessarily quoting you but the entirety of the people who said they don’t need buffs

My bad then friend. Mistweaver does need somethings, but people unironically asking stuff like “is mistweaver viable for ksm” is a symptom of the community very much underrating mistweaver.

Give mistweaver a damage buff, spear hand strike, a revival rework (to be on par with AM or even SLT), and maybe another small mana buff, and they’ll be golden in all content imo.

I can’t figure out why we have talents/conduits/etc around regular mistweaving playstyle when blizzard seem to be force feeding us to play fistweaving

its either they get rid of regular mistweaving all together or buff mistweaving

Literally no one has said ‘MW doesn’t need buffs’

So who said they don’t?

I think the class is strong. But I would not be adverse to more mana tweaking to open up more play options than fistweaving (even though fistweaving is the only way I like it), AND I agree with those who want a utility - even if I disagree with the perception that massive throughput is not useful in it’s own right… eventually once everything is “on farm” you need some other hook to justify your spot in the roster.

I just think that the people who 100% dismiss using the class, believing it’s even too weak to even stand AFK in Orgrimmar while chatting in discord, are… overdoing it a bit… Just because a class needs buffs doesn’t mean it isn’t also strong in what it can do. MW is actually one of the stronger healers - it’s just not got great hooks outside of that.

(I’m coming from FFXIV not to long back, so to me this all reminds me of the White Mage debate over there… White Mage is also a throughput healer… early expac PUGs and raid want to stack them, but as soon as folks have a little gear the White Mages start getting sidelined because the other healers all have various gimmicks / utility… yet anytime some hard progression shows up… people call their White Mage buddies up and ask why aren’t they ready, why is their gear still 3 months behind… where their buddy last dumped them…)

1 Like

Given that the reason ‘madskillz’ rates Resto Shaman as ‘S tier’ is solely based on it having Wind Shear…

I think giving MW Spear Hand Strike would go a very long way towards promoting the spec. So few healers have interrupts, and having one would be a massive boost and just the “utility” that is probably needed.

Wouldn’t mind a small buff to fistweaving damage too, but it would be risky as the healing is based on damage done and the healing throughput is already very high… and when blizzard tries to re-balance these things they always overshoot the mark… I’d be worried about getting a 5% buff to damage paired with a 300% loss to HPS because “math fail”…

1 Like

I agree with your reasoning.

Spear Hand Strike for MW would be an easy way to make the spec more desirable, and it doesn’t involve a rework of abilities.

Right now the only really impactful way to convert damage to heal is through ATotM, so it shouldn’t be that big of a problem. They would only need to adjust the math of the legendary so it stays the same.

Having an interrupt again would be fantastic. So many times I’m PUG fistweaving a key and just watching stuff free-cast until we wipe because of it : /