How long before we write the Community Council as a PR stunt?

Sorry? I pay 240$ a year to play this game and that’s not including purchasing the expansion base game every 2 years at 70$ a pop.

The least they could do is throw a bone on the thread with community in a forum they literally created to apparently listen to our feedback and communicate with us.

6 Likes

I did about 4 seconds after I heard it was happening. They’ve replied to maybe 5% of the posts there lol. And 9.2 is still just the same problems people have been yelling at them for years. If they haven’t taken player feedback in to account while their profits have been flying in to a trash can over the past 5 years, they aren’t going to just because players are annoyed with them lol. Anything Blizz does is just a PR stunt, they’re a genuinely terrible company now.

2 Likes

Lmfao this is a great thread

4 Likes

I didn’t apply. I’m not interested in being on the council myself – I have a big enough platform to have my feedback be heard by Blizzard and for that reason, I’d rather see the limited spots go to someone else.

That being said, I still contend that the community council has been a net positive for both the community and game alike.

I’m keeping my judgment until 9.2. It’s only been one week after the holiday break. Some people have probably just returned. Some meetings haven’t yet happened.

I heard of what you’re talking about and I think it’s in your best interest to just move on and not stoop to anyone else’s level. Just my take.

:laughing: what on earth, am i missing something here? Are you some kind of famous content creator?

3 Likes

I don’t judge till february start , community council recruitment is not even completed

Holidays are over, the two excuses about Community Council were Holidays and there’s still pending players to be selected, there’s some post with only 2 players talking between them for like 2-3 replies.

I don’t know :confused: , There’s not a good response from Devs , maybe they’re busy but that means that this kind of feedback idea won’t work if they don’t have a schedule per week to only check this and we don’t see too many players talking about different topics, actually the players that have posted more recently are Classic players, which they’ve their own set of issues but almost all the gameplay is already set in place.

1 Like

If he’s referring to this forum, well…

Do you want to tell him or should I do it?:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Pretty sure most of us knew it was a PR stunt when it was first announced.

3 Likes

There’s a number of reasons why people are skeptical.

Either that or they thought that a hand-picked group of players could come up with unique perspectives that had never previously been discussed. That’s kind of delusional, but I wouldn’t put it past them.

What year was it introduced?

2022 - that year = that many years ago.

I wouldn’t give him that much credit. It’s more than likely, considering his style of writing is very reminiscent of stock PR for any company that he just outed to us what his job is.

6 Likes

I think it was pretty obvious from the beginning. There are plenty of suggestions on the regular forums, although admittedly most of those suggestions are stupid. Forum feedback, even when narrowed down to a community council, just won’t work. People can and will complain about everything.

PR stunt, based objectively on the amount of feedback from the devs.

PR stunt based on being completely deaf to the most active issues and threads for retail. The PVP thread response was especially bad.

And what makes it worse, is that even the very few things they post don’t get any kind of push back or follow up. So they post stuff which I can only call wishful thinking or downright untruths.

We’ve been there, done that. It’s just a PR stunt with little to no content. All hat but no cowboy.

2 Likes

I dont recall them saying theyd respond to anything, or any quota of such. Its kinda hard to deem the cc a failure based on that.

It may be. But i have seen nothing positive come yet. Its a pretty whelming positive if it turns out to be so far.

How convenient, a system for improved communication with the community in which they don’t actually have to communicate with the community. Tell me again how that isn’t a PR stunt?

5 Likes

They never did get it in their head that communication is a two way street.

3 Likes