How hard will be healing without healbot and mouseover marco?

I’ll be perfectly happy with Grid if that’s all they allow. I’m fully capable of selecting a target and healing, and the interface is much more user friendly with it. That being said moving from just a raid frame addon in Grid to Vuhdoo upped my game substantially.

I vaguely remember trying that ,but i did not like it, and pretty sure just used the nasty pull out frames. Never liked Grid.

Healing in the 40 man environment is literally just playing Whack-A-Mole for 2 hours till the raid is over.

You should not need a healing bot at all. There’s also a significant amount of healers that just don’t use mouse overs.

1 Like

sounds interesting after 2 expansions of playing dps demon hunter

Cause I played a Dh for the last 2 years means i have no healing experience at 60?..

Ok strange world you live in.

Polo!

/10char

how so? i use healbot and mouseover macros… works the same… well with the exception of having spells kotkeyed to clicks.

As a healer for the last 15 years I can state that while not necessarily required, Healbot sure makes life more enjoyable.

1 Like

Yeah I never liked it either, because it tended to not preempt heals that would be required which was a big part of being a druid.

Whatever works. I could see Paladin healing needing Grid less, but it was a godsend for tracking who had what HoTs etc.

1 Like

Aside from the first year (Healbot Original only existed for the first year), Healbot Continued was like any other healing raid frames + Clique. I agree that raid frames and mouseover or click react is essential for healing.

I disagree that an addon that chose your spell and who to cast on, made my life more enjoyable. Especially when you were off tank healing on Golemagg for example.

yah i latched onto the new healbot in BC though, did find SS of that.

Mouse over macros don’t even make any sense to me for healing.

it’s 1 click instead of 2

I only click with the mouse once and i press a key with the other hand. It’s one motion. Spells take 2-3 seconds to finish casting and there is a global cooldown anyways. Plenty of time to get my targeting set up before the person even needs a heal. How slow with a mouse do you think i am?

4 Likes

Yeah, personally I wouldn’t really call it Healbot in the way that people refer to the Vanilla version. Healbot Continued was completely different from Healbot.

yah thats what I remembered after looking at old SS and addons.

You obviously never used OG healbot. Automatically decided what spell to cast based on hp missing for the most efficient use of mana. Keep in mind, we also used to have spell ranks and lower ranks were better to use when possible. It was basically a bot script to decide what skill to use for you so you could watch youtube while you did the most boring job in the world that you never actually intended to do but people kept shoehorning you due to your class being ‘lolret’.

/rant

1 Like

Just had to use intuition instead of letting an addon do all the work for you. I’d wager that anyone relying so much on addons would be useless without them.

So you’d be useless without your phone, your car, or any other modern convenience that does something for you so you don’t have to do it all manually yourself? No? Then don’t claim that unilaterally about people who were just using a modern convenience of the time.

2 Likes

Coupled with your previous reply you seem to just be bitter about having to heal in the first place, lol.

Hanners insulted my healing ability because I didnt use addons, turnabout is fair play. Not everyone needs a third party program running to heal properly.

You would never be able to touch someone using a botting macro while doing it manually, hence the removal of the API calls it/they used.

That’s like saying you’d be able to run as fast to a destination as someone who uses a car, or do some complex math as fast as mathcad, or any number of other tasks that machines just make easier.

It’s not a slight at you, it’s a fact of life. You flat would be incompetent next to the person using the macros of old if you did it manually.

1 Like

Completely agree, this is always my argument as well. And aside from that I heal better this way than with mouseovers anyway.

1 Like