How exactly would GDKP "save" SOD?

thats crazy, 500g for $45 i didnt even think about hardcore LMAO.

2 Likes

GDKP is simply a good thing :expressionless:

2 Likes

Give me an example that cannot also lead to you just being super greedy and you can have it back.

Welp, vrakthris combined my post, with this post. soo ill go ahead and put the contents of my post in.

ht tps://imgur.com/a/0qcMJur

The 1st yellow arrow is the peak of Phase 1 when GDKP’s were active.

The 2nd yellow arrow is the peak of Phase 2 when GDKP’s were banned

The green line is the date when gdkp Bans were announced for the start of P2 1/30.

The grey line is the date that P 2 released, 02/08

There was a loss of 175,000 players, that is 17,500 less raid groups.

GDKP’s incentivized players to keep raiding well after obtaining their Bis Gear and keeping past, current content relevant , to create alts that filled the open world.

Once Phase 5 comes out, MC/ZG/World bosses, will become irrelevant content with no reason to do it thus creating that infamous situation where if your a new or returning player that didnt ride the wave of P4 you wont be able to get into P5 raids due to your lack of gear. No one is going to do old content that isnt relevant to them.

Retail Had this problem many years ago, and that bridge that Gear gap by putting in “catch up gear” every season.

Even in Wotlk+ blizzard to had create a new gearing system that used Heroic+ instances and reused gear that you would get from the previous raid, so you didnt have to do gear up with naxx gear, then gear up with ulda gear, then TOC gear, just to be able to get into an icc group.

That is why gdkp’s were the best when it came to doing irrelevant content. No one wants to Prog on 5 month old content in a MS>OS/2sr raid, It will always fall apart, you will not have anyone to carry the group, and it will be a slog.

Ontop of GDKP’s being back with more reasons to create alts, you had players leveling up profs and using consumes, this made the economy the economy in a big and meaningful way.
More raids being completed, more 5man groups getting filled, The world felt open as you would see those players going around to do their runes/farming/pvp/questing/ect.

I understand that GDKP’s have had a stigma with RMT, But it was a very small amount compared to the other outlets of RMT that were extremely present from Phase 2 onward.

Even obtaining the mats to craft your epic items in phase 2 was enough to cause the average person to RMT to get those mats through the AH.
The same thing happened for P3, as most people didnt want to Grind out incursions for hours on end to be able to afford the Raid mats required to obtain those items if you didnt want to wait.

1 Like

Until Naxx there is no such thing as irrelevant content in vanilla.

in fact, GDKP is simply the best :expressionless:
better than all the rest

1 Like

This would save SoD.

1 Like

Because of GDKPs.

If im full bis BWL gear, im not doing MC.

If im full bis AQ 40, im not doing BWL/MC/ZG ect.

If im full naxx im not doing anything, im playing something else.

And you’ll see alot of this as raid sizes stay 20mans, and the gear is overly abundant.

wait are you comparing dollars to gold as your argument that sod gold farming is worth more? oh dear

I haven’t got the faintest idea which server its best to farm gold on but this certainly isn’t the method I would use to figure it out

2 Likes

K bye. Wont help guildies because MCS? Banned.

Lol, still trying to equate the GDKP ban with the population drop. The mental gymnastics to try and correlate the 2 is amazing.

There are a number of reasons why SoD is almost dead - none of them have anything to do with the GDKP ban.

1 Like

Because our wouldnt need MC.
a group of 19 people are not gonna waste a raid night, doing content they do not need for 1 person, even back tacking content is an absolute pain to do if your pugging a MS>OS/2sr.
There was never a decent pug to do last phases content in TBC+ it was always the absolute worst progression/group you would have ever been apart of.

towards the back half of season 3 sure, and the reason why the numbers are nearly halfed is solely because the raid lockouts switched from 3day lockouts to 7. the numbers would still be roughly the same, going into the decline of a extended phase With zero incentive to do the content after you reached full bis with 1 raid that gave you too much gear, completed your ranking for the entire phase, before the phase even came out via bloodmoon tokens, and had terrible filler content;
wild god mara loop resets. incursion loops to level with massive amounts of pvp in lower zones that prevented the less dominate faction to do incursions, or just solely because of its proxy to a major city.
Even the method to obtaining your prebis is just using the same gear you got from the previous raid, and the prebis for current level was locked behind over tuned mobs in the BACK of an instance.
That was the sole decline in phase 3.

Im saying GDKP’s would have levitated the decline, Based on numbers from phase 1 to 2.

Its only considered mental gymnastics if your incapable of deductive reasoning, and critical thinking skills that would rival a middle schooler from some public school.

I didnt “try”, i did equate the GDKP ban with the population drop.

1 Like

Hey Toughburger, you never followed up on your argument last time when you made up a lie about having selfish GDKP friends in order to create an argument. Can we continue? We can discuss your other lies too that you made up to make GDKP look bad.

1 Like

You mean the words you still dont understand to this day? Quote me and extrapolate for me how exactly you came to that conclusion then we can boy.

Hey even if I don’t understand, everyone here must be able to yeah?

You mentioned how you had friends that ran GDKP in a guild, and they were so selfish and wanted gold so they invited pugs. Then you said the guild still needs the gear, which makes no sense at all. It wasn’t surprising you had no idea what you were talking about because you don’t know how GDKPs work.

Please, tell us more about your friends, or have them come here and post. We would love to know which guild is selling gear that the guild still needs.

1 Like

Still no quote, still dont care.

Why? It’s all in your post history. People who frequent these GDKP threads already know about your lies. I’m not at all worried about anyone taking your word over mine anyway.

Sure bud, you do you.

Nothing you said to date has mattered to anyone, why would anything change for?

It’s all for entertainment value. That’s why I want to hear about your imaginary friends. It’s entertaining.

Considering you have 15k posts on a level 10 clown its quite easy to assume you are intellectually deficient.

Its also enjoyable to see you think that people are laughing with you