How exactly would GDKP "save" SOD?

How would bringing them back “save” SOD. People are saying that the population of SOD has been on a decline and the major reason has been because of the ban. Now if this is true how exactly will undoing the ban fix it? GDKPs have already moved over to Cata. We just had a long phase where gold was plentiful and enough lockouts to get fully geared from ST. What about GDKPs will get the population back up?

3 Likes

It wouldnt.

It would be the contrary. Who wants players that will come back BECAUSE GDKP are back ??

I dont want those players back lol

51 Likes

Those people are swipers that are lying just so they can try and get their favourite p2w mode back.

The decline has absolutely zero to do with GDKP being banned.

24 Likes

GDKP’s are not the cause of wealth inequality, its layering, and bots. if you have 10 layers running at all times, that opens the opportunity for over farming.

GDKP’s EAT up that over farming in the form of more alts being created and consumes being used more often.

t keeps the servers alive by incentivizing people to Keep raiding when you’re 90% bis geared.

It keeps the market moving when it comes to consumes, promotes Alt character play time.

Would also add in more players for raiding. i can give more examples.

2 Likes

I currently have 15 x level 50’s my guild runs 2 raids in phase 1 when gdkp’s were allowed there were runs going all day everyday full of mains and alts.

Not only that it was active players who had an incentive to perform so the runs were clean and enjoyable.

Every raid i did i was rewarded for my time and effort i didn’t leave feeling disappointed or like i had lost a item and it was a waste because at the end if i didn’t get the items i wanted i at least got gold that i could then use to improve my characters in one way or another.

gdkps promote social communities of players from all different guilds and skill levels playing together so everyone earns gold and gears fairly.

By unbanning gdkp’s there would be an influx of players wanting to once again participate in these raids but also organize them which in turn not only promotes more raids happening but also more people playing alts because there is a demand for more and more raiders.

People need to stop associating gold buying with gdkp’s its a outright fallacy.

GDKP = Unban
Gold buying = Ban

They are not mutually exclusive no matter how many trolls claim so.

6 Likes

GDKP’s promote gold buying and RMT, and the only communities formed are those looking to have fun exploiting whales and their bought gold.

Blizzard have commented already about how banning GDKP’s has allowed them to trace laundered gold far more easily.

The GDKP ban is the best thing that has happened to WOW in a long time.

26 Likes

Sorry you lost me after your first 5 words so i skipped the rest.

2 Likes

oh it wouldn’t :expressionless:
that doesn’t mean the GDKP ban is valid though.

2 Likes

AH promotes wayyy more gold buying then GDKPs ever could.

They have not, because you cannot launder gold through GDKP’s.

3 Likes

If gdkp ban was actually successful they’d implement instantly in other versions.

They didn’t and they also said it was a “Test” which could be changed in future phases.

Which implies they know it might not work.

It didn’t work and now its time to review that policy and try something better to stop rmt and botting that does not hurt the players wanting gdkp’s.

2 Likes

Gdkps give you reason to play alts / continue to raid while bis.

I see no reason to log on to sod if I cant play any alts, pvp doesnt even pop and its a burst insta ability spam anyway. Incursions ruined leveling and economy.

Gdkps would give you reason to log on more then once a week for your guild raid. Servers would definitely feel more alive and there would be more LFM spam instead of WTS spam.

Since it doesnt look like gdkps are coming back i unsubbed both accounts, Blizz is now just very woke company that is completely disconnected from their playerbase and it shows in their decision making.

This whole problem comes down to Blizz not enforcing integrity in their game. They are not punishing rmt/botting/gold selling and buying.

Riot for instance does a lot better job dealing with cheating and rmt.

3 Likes

Truth used to run Two guild chars and 3 alts for gdkps. Used to farm on mutli chars for mats and gold to be used in gdkps. Now I rock the two guild chars, earned enough gold from incurssion leveling to pay for main raid consumes for near forever. So i log in about 3 hours a week now. sub one hour raids on both chars and little time chating while i get worldbuffs. Gdkps had me playing ALOT more then I do now.

My only gripes with the GDKP ban was that they didn’t implement anything new that would encourage people to run the raids after getting geared (different players stop at different thresholds) and no currency that could help as RNG protection for when you keep losing the same item over and over again.

Simply put, GDKP is the easiest way to form pugs. Everyone gets something for attending, so doesn’t feel like a waste of time. SR and MS>OS can feel like a waste of time pretty often.

The argument against GDKP is inflation. Look at Classic Era, very basic things are being sold for hundreds of gold. This isn’t a 1 to 1 comparison, but it’s the closest product Blizzard has at the moment.

GDKP was likely not as big of a problem as people made it out to be, however its difficult to fully account for how much less “bought/bot gold” is circulating in P2+.

Given the decline in player base, I’d probably reverse the GDKP ban and let people do whatever they want. Maybe just offer free transfers and have some realms where its allowed and others where it is not.

1 Like

this :expressionless: and the reason is because bots = subs = money. they can easily ban all bots but they won’t.

2 Likes

it did work thats why they arent reverting it.

4 Likes

“It worked”.

Literally playing the version of the game you all nicknamed “Season Of Swiping”.

Lmfao.

2 Likes

no currency that could help as RNG protection for when you keep losing the same item over and over again.

That sucks. If GDKP did come back how can I insure I’ll have enough gold to win the bid? Hmm maybe if I bought some gold?

2 Likes

Prolly the same way most of you afford buying 7,000+ gold worth of BOE bis off the AH.

It isn’t called Season Of Swiping for nothing.

2 Likes

Should definetly bring back gdkps