How do you think people felt with Corrupted Ashbringer

But that’s not what I’m referring too.
We are talking about attaching self worth to something obtained.

Nothing to do with hobbies or sports or anything along those lines.

1 Like

All these ppl attached to FOMO stuff will be displeased on the day WoW becomes obsolete.

Everything has to end at some point after all.

2 Likes

that’s assuming you can do the tank challenge successfully on a guardian druid.

Not at all. If you’re afraid of FOMO, that’s aight. I encourage it, just not all the time.

No, and again, no. Once more, no. The skins were said to be done with at the end of the expansion, not coming back. No, they shouldn’t come back, for any reason, under any circumstance. I don’t care whether that hurts your feelings or not or other people’s feelings, no.

No, it shouldn’t. What should, however, is this participation medal crap we keep trying to spew out. Stop trying to give everyone participation medals. It devalues things.

I don’t advocate for everything being FOMO, but I am 100% fine a few items here and there being FOMO. It’s not very often they do it, just that when they do it people get ouraged like little babies over what they can’t get.

Everything is in those lines, including hobbies and sports because they’re of value to one person and not to someone else.

By that logic, nothing should start, or everything should just be “given” to everyone because it will “eventually come to an end.” Still, no.

Not given, earned. No one is asking for hand outs lol.

And no. There is no justifiable reason why a game should remove content so the few can act high and mighty.

1 Like

Agreed, but it’s still preposterous because it was a time limited event. If you did it, cool ,if not, sucks for you. You had an expansion. Whether you played during that time or not is not of our concern. There’s thousands of other things to do, with the exception of the bear transmog skin since there aren’t that many, but newer players and those who didn’t get it can make do without it.

A lot of therapists are gonna be booked that day :laughing:

1 Like

I never said give people participation medals. I said if the encounter is going to be as difficult as it was originally, then people should be rewarded for putting in the time and dedication to complete it.

3 Likes

How do you obtain a hobby, or sport.
Let’s not get existential here and start expanding on something I know what I wasn’t referring too… It’s called staying on topic and not putting words in my mouth.

I don’t think about other people’s Ashbringers. It’s rude.

1 Like

Great, it shouldn’t be anyone’s concern then if they re-released the looks and you cry about it. Works both ways on un-empithetic ppl like you.

2 Likes

I think the new Corrupted one looks much better, my Pally won’t leave home without it.
The old one is cool, but I wasn’t even aware of it’s existence til much too late.

Yes, a participation medal. “Anyone can do it if you try” – yes you would have to beat the challenge but it’s a participation medal because everyone can do it during Legion TW, rather than it staying exclusive to the event it happened, which was Legion, not Legion TW, but Legion expansion. You want it? Hop in a time machine and go back to Legion.

By choosing something and going for it.

I’m not putting words in your mouth, you work at a hobby or practice a sport, you have just obtained it, cool? You can play semantics with words all you want and nitpick, but everyone understands your premise. You’re just nitpicking and not understanding ours.

Cool, except that they won’t be re-releasing the exact skins, so yeah. They might do recolors, which is fine as it’s not the exact skin and that’s fine. I and others like me, don’t mind recolors of Legion rewards, what we do, though, is the exact ones said to be being removed and were to be removed, never to be returned again.

They were probably still bitter that the quest chain to convert it into the true ashbringer was abandoned in TBC.

You seem to be confused regarding the colloquial definition of a Participation medal. Which is a meaningless reward given to people not for completing a difficult task, but merely for showing up.

If the challenge is as difficult as it used to be, and people complete it, they should be given equal rewards to what was present originally. That is not a participation medal, that is, metaphorically, going back in time and beating the Soviets in the 80’s Winter Olympics fair and square.

3 Likes

Huh… So me speaking about self worth to material things (pixels this time around). Not speaking of sports or hobbies.

You coming in to reinforce what someone else misunderstood and you are telling me I don’t understand said premise or inferring that I don’t exactly know what I am talking about.

Man this community needs to learn how discussions happen and what certain things mean because you sir are putting words in my mouth and also not understanding what I originally wrote.

Have a good day this is too much lmao

1 Like

This thought process would be your un-doing. Many people thought blizz would not cross the line with void elves, multiple times, first with their initial release, then skin tones, and then even more with hair styles. If you think blizz won’t re-releasr something high in demand, then you’d better hope the game ends tomorrow.

I think you do care. Otherwise you wouldn’t be posting to oppose re-releasing.

Things like this only exists in the WoW forums. Pretty much any other game community unites against things like content removal for the sake of removing content.

At least game companies like square is learning it’s a bad idea for the long term to use FOMO tactics.

Part of the requirements for Legion skins: Playing during Legion, beating Mage Tower challenge.

You’re literally trying to take away the first part by making it available, be it all the time or during TW, which means participation medal, so yes it’s a participation medal when you take away the “played during Legion” part of it. You did not complete that requirement, therefore you do not deserve to obtain it.

No, once again, people should be rewarded a recoloring which is fine, not the exact skin, regardless of whether the challenge is actually there or not.

You also are ignoring that, in order to obtain it your class would have to be redesigned back to Legion’s designs for specs, not SLands, which again is not happening so there goes that too.

You want a similar skin, I’m all for it. A recoloring of those yeah, I can get down with that. You want that exact skin? No. You cannot go back and earn a gold medal for 2017 while competing in 2019 without using a time machine. Same should be the case for this.

I mean like, I get into these stupid back and forths 'cause people reply to an opinion of mine, telling me things like I care or something lol

Then they misunderstand what I originally wrote, try to speak for me, and then continue to go off on a tangent after… it’s like anti-discussion at this point haha.

At least there is hope in the people. I never was for this FOMO stuff companies do, especially in a game where there is nothing ‘worthwhile’ to do - keeping around in some format stuff for others to experience can break up a huge monotony that WoW can bring on.

Some of that exclusivity is OK. If done with taste.
Now-a-days companies just go full throttle :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You know what? You’re a perfect match for this Dev Team and the financial ruin they’re bringing upon this company.

I wish you absolute joy in your ghost town of a video game.

https://i.imgur.com/UA19ORD.gif?noredirect

2 Likes