How do you think people felt with Corrupted Ashbringer

I mean yeah, it really depends on the genre and what it adds or detracts. Games like MMO’s that depends on player participation to work it is pretty bad for. Too much of it makes players more inclined to turn away from the game, and with transmog features it stifles people’s creativity on the appearance and maybe story of their charecters. It is even worse if the FOMO effects actual game play rather then just an appearance look. Look at what is happening to destiny 2, about half the game is being removed because why? No reason and the playerbase is planning to abandon that game for it.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me at all. What we have here is CAPITALISC FRAT BOY YATCH CULTURE;)

Cool, don’t care.

Nah, that ain’t ruining it. Spoiled brats like you do, actually. You whine and get so entitled over things, every little thing to be honest. Just be happy I am not actually a dev, as I’d tell you straight up “No, it’s not coming back, ever. You want a reskin? I can do that. You want that exact skin? Get back in that time machine you have and go back to the expansion and complete it when it was active.”

I, though, would also be trying to do recolors rather than t20 whatevers.

I don’t follow much news or gaming news anymore.
But :laughing: they sure screwed up their ‘hype’ quickly post leaving Blizz/activision :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah they did big time. I feel bad for ppl that payed for that game lol.

1 Like

Remember when there were werebears everywhere at the start because they could cheese the damage zone on phase 1?

I was a little jealous, ngl.

The OG skin still stands alone my dude.

Coming from MTG this whole discussion is kind of deja-vu. I think the majority of players of that game are usually happy when cards of value are reprinted, specifically because it brings down the price of said cards and opens up more players to “participate” in the game.

That said, MTG also has a “Reserved List” which is essentially a list of cards that WotC vowed never to reprint, basically a nod to collectors. There are several people who argue loudly for them to abolish the reserved list. The workaround is that WotC designs and print cards that functionally do the same thing or similar, but have a different name/different art. Basically, a similar solution that is being done here for Bear specifically, though I think they could’ve done something similar for other spec weapons and Feral’s form too.

I personally don’t think they should enable the old appearances (or abolish the reserve list in MTG) only because I don’t think it’s a good idea to go back on a promise that you make to your customers. That said, the system itself (FOMO, reserve list, etc) is flawed in my eyes and is something that should be actively avoided in the future.

1 Like

Does the legion version whisper to you?

Cause the vanilla corrupted ashbringer does (and still does).

I agree with you on the first part. I actually don’t mind FOMO, as long as it’s not done often. When it is done, though, like once an expansion or every other expansion or something, then yeah it’s entirely fine. Like, with Legion they warned everyone that played it was going away at the end of the expansion and the skins were not coming back. So you had the rest of the expansion to get the skins you wanted. That is how it’s done correctly. If you missed out, for any reason, it’s entirely your problem and your fault.

But yeah, I agree it should not be done often, just once per expansion or once every other expansion is fine.

Well, Corrupted ashbringer from Naxx40 remains an exclusive item. The corrupted skin for the Legion Ashbringer is a new model. Sooo…exactly what they’ve done for the werebear.