How do you make gold?

Normally alchemy and tailoring. Haven’t bothered this expansion though. Made enough in Shadowlands to keep me going through a couple expansions. This is how I often do it. When the economic conditions are good I milk it for everything I can, then take a rest for awhile.

2 Likes

…ah, oops…

Con-fusion physics is tougher to grok than nuclear-fusion physics.

Alchemy. Ultimate power pots are basically a gold duplication hack.

500 gold per dragonriding races X number of dragonriding races world quests available X number of alts

I put on my robe and wizard hat…

Or, I throw down my credit card.

(Serious answer is I upgrade pets to blue quality, level them to 25, then sell them on the AH. It’s a very piss poor business but it’s perfect for someone as lazy as I am. I only buy tokens when they go above 350k because in my mind they’re at the “worth it” price.)

1 Like

I miss when old raid running and selling was profitable. They nerfed the gains and it feels like it’s all to sell tokens which makes the game feel worse. I feel like I’m losing more gold than I naturally make.

Guess I gotta learn to play the AH…

1 Like

Ugg. Dude. I am always broke. I make money doing quests and occasionally selling some stuff on AH.

Any time I roll an alt, that alt is herbalist and enchanting. I melt everything and some day I will sell it all. Right now, though, I’m content with a guild vault filled with shinies that I can admire from time to time like a treasure.

My secret desire is to make the treasure big enough that Bliz will approach me about doing a Docuseries based around other players trying to find it. But, it’s hidden really really incredibly well. Nobody’s ever going to find it.

1 Like

Back in the 300s, Βῶλος told me how to make gold

Treat pyrites until they become incombustible, after having lost the black color. Treat with brine, with seawater, or with oxymel (honey and vinegar), or what you will, and heat until they become like particles of gold, which have not been submitted to the action of fire. This done, mix in native sulphur, yellow alum, Attic ochre, or what you will.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

Posting my advice to make gold semi passively coupled with acheivements, transmog, possible mounts, and a trip through all of WoW.

First way is DF professions. I’ve made millions since DF came out crafting tailoring and enchanting public and private orders. Have some time at home but can’t play actively? Download the crafting UI weak aura and scan for new public orders. Create a macro for your professions and respond to whispers to make stuff. USE YOUR INSIGHT to make max level items for people.

Second way is pick your favorite character, preferably with some kind of normal speed boost (Mage, Monk, etc). Find a guide of all the instances and raids in the game. Do all of them. Start yourself a small transmog AH army that you repost every 2 days. This amounts to almost no work once you have a good collection of 100-400 items to keep reposting. You really need TSM for this; you can follow a Youtube guide to set it up once and then just use it and not mess with it after. This will also give you an idea of what you should keep and what you should vendor as you’re farming with the values in the tooltip.

Most high end transmog stuff takes a while to sell, but when it does, in addition to DF crafting gold you can have a random item hit from 5k-150k.

This requires a couple heavy lifts in the beginning and then a lot of doing nothing for an indefinite period after.

1 Like

Raw gold made of rock

I don’t make gold.

If I want gold I’ll just buy a WoW Token.

Don’t tell anyone, but I conjure it in my bread.

2 Likes

This is a general rule for world quests as a whole, and a great suggestion.

There are two sorts of goals when it comes to making gold: The faucet or the market.

You can always count on the faucet, the gold that the game gives you, and while it likely won’t pay your sub or let you hang with auction house rockafellers, it’s good enough to make most “sink” purchases built into the actual game. If you can resist the brutasaurs of the world meant to do things like correct WoD, you’ll generally be good to buy… like heirloom upgrades and never really worry.

Throwing your alts at “faucet gold” is a perfectly reasonable income!

1 Like

Fishing at the beginning of the expansion. Some fish were selling for 100g each, I made a little fortune enough to live on that since then

1 Like

I buy tokens when need gold. I have limited time to play and don’t want to use it picking flowers or swinging a pick.

1 Like

I used to have a very lucrative petting zoo in Goldshire. That is until one of my ponies bit a little kid.

I dont make a ton of gold, but I usually do all the dragonriding races which give about 500g a piece. This is my gathering toon so I usually sell off my ore and herbs on the AH and make a decent amount of money.

I buy tokens !

If you play a lot you usually make more than enough gold for whatever you need passively.

I was selling snow cones and muffins this expansion for seed money then started speculating on fish. Made a few million and bought a bunch of token.

Made probably a few hundred thousand crafting/recreating staffs but people this season are cheapskates for some reason so I stopped doing that.

Spot on! It blew my mind when I read about this!

1 Like