How do I learn the "switch flight style" spell?

My level 18 Remix Hunter has the ability to fly normal mounts with Artisan Riding:

But they don’t have the switching ability:

Imgur

The spell Switch Flight Style is learnt at level 20. Not the ability to fly. They are both learnt at level 20 in Retail.

But Remix characters have Artisan Riding, which allows flight on normal mounts at level 10.

remix characters are going to be imported into retail.

they’re not going to be landing in retail with steady flight at level 10.

it’s an oversight.

interesting, bit of a head scratcher we were experiencing last night. A pal, on a level 50 also did not have the button to switch flight forms in his mounts window. Search bar and then all the way to the right corner was the randomizer button.

But wow flight at level 20! that’s wild. Do we get ground mounts at like 10 or from jump street?

skyriding is available at level 10

stable flight at 20

1 Like

That is not the issue that was being discussed.

The issue was that Rizara will be in Remix for the next 25 days, without the ability to fly, with the abilities that everyone else had.

I don’t really mind that Skyriding is the only option till level 20, I only really use Skyriding, I don’t really see the point in switching.

But your continued misunderstanding of what is going on is just strange.

i’m sure they can manage 10 levels in 25 days… even on the ground.

That’s not the point.

then… i don’t understand what the point is.

seems like complaining just for the sake of it

I’m not complaining.

I’ve been trying to point out the technical reason why a Remix character, who learns to fly at level 10, but is unable to fly until level 20 is stupid.

I don’t really mind either way, I don’t use Stable Flight. But some people want to. Your continued misunderstanding of the situation has been strange.

but they don’t learn to fly at level 10.

not since the patch.

they have the same flight abilities as retail.

it’s just a bug/display error in the spellbook

But they do learn to fly at level 10.

You can make a toon right now, in Remix, and they have Artisan Riding, allowing flying.

It isn’t a bug or display error, it’s what they had before the patch.

The only reason they can’t fly, is because they can’t switch, because the switch ability is learnt at level 20.

1 Like

so… it’s… a bug?

ok then.

No. It’s an oversight.

In Retail, it doesn’t really matter, because Stable Flight and the switch ability is learnt at the same time.

But Remix is different, because Stable Flight it meant to be available as soon as you create your character. As it has been for the last 2 months.

1 Like

glad you finally came around

:slight_smile:

An oversight is not a bug though.

It’s a failure of the developers to take into account the difference between the two modes.

tomayto tomarto.

if something isn’t working as intended, it’s called a bug.

however, this is working as intended, but there’s a lingering display issue.

You learn Artisan Riding at level 10, when you create a toon in Remix. Artisan Riding unlocks flight.

This isn’t a display bug. And it’s working as intended.

Switch Flight Style, is learnt at level 20. This is also intended.

Neither of them are bugs.

The developers forgot to take into account that you learn flying earlier in Remix than you do in Retail.

or… they just forgot to disable stable flight in the spellbook for characters under level 20.

but if you have a chronic need to be right, then i’m happy to say i’m wrong.

i’m wrong.

can you move on now?

Are you on a character that’s at least level 20?

should be in your spellbook…
with your racials etc.
they moved the button to upper left.
because they really needed to do that!
(lol)
as i said…imho…they do NOT play this game!