How dedicated are you to no changes?

What’s wrong with having a big gold sink in Classic? It’s not like it is moving gold around like it can be used on Retail if they cannot be sold on the Classic AH.

And even though I am game for some changes from Vanilla at the BNet level, such as Classic -> Retail transmog unlocking (meaning that an item received in Classic will unlock for Transmog on Retail), I would be vehemently opposed to selling tokens on the Classic AH. Right now on Retail it’s just moving gold between two players when that happens. In Classic gold could then move from Retail to Classic which.

They’re not really a part of WoW itself anymore TBH. It’s a BNet thing considering I can use one to buy Game Time, Hearthstone Card, or even Call of Doody.

1 Like

Nice bid at turning it around, but the question isn’t “what’s wrong with it.”

The question is, since you asserted that it was necessary, why is it necessary?

1 Like

Because it allows someone who only wants to play Classic and not use a credit card to subscribe.

Why are you against someone else having options?

FTFY.

:cocktail:

I’m actually entirely indifferent to the tokens thing. I’m sure it will be there because I’m sure there won’t be separate clients. It will be meaningless because, as Fesz pointed out (and was essentially ignored), the cost of a token in Classic is way higher than anyone’s ever going to be in a position to buy.

But it’s certainly not necessary, as Malfosa insists.

4No, you didn’t.

And BNet was very much Vanilla. BNet Predates Vanilla :slight_smile:

If “BNet” was synonymous with “tokens,” you might have a point.

I’m against Tokens in Vanilla for obvious reasons, though even if they use two clients take WC3 for example, (If you launch the older version it’s not B. net intergrated but the newer one most likely will be.) I think Vanilla won’t be stand alone like that sadly, but instead ( I hope. ) be how Starcraft 1 is.

That you open B. net app up, launch game, and you’re there for all your B .net friends to see they probably got no idea what you’re doing on there or anything but it show’s you online. You can close B .net app once you launch the game though. I do wonder if it’ll show if you’re online though if you do.

I’m honestly not sure what they’ll do no one does though buying B . net balance with gold to pay for your retail sub is a thing, and if they do the same sub option people are gonna pay retail gold to buy sub time to play vanilla. Unless they DO make Vanilla stand-alone or on its own sub, which we don’t know any many are doubtful that’ll happen.

Personally I don’t really want changes because I can’t think of a change that won’t be just pasted from the Modern client which is developed with an entirely different game design/philosophy in mind.

The only exception to this I can think of (which i don’t suggest because third party mods/websites will account for this) is just an accessible list of players who are LFG and what they are looking to do. Rather then sending random tells to players of an eligible level but again i am sure some third party or mod will meet this demand. No automation, you have to talk to people but at the very least with this mod or website we’ll know that some guy on the other side of the world is looking to do UBRS/STRAT and that doesn’t stop from cold telling people who aren’t on the list.

It wont Binquiboo. Mat just likes to think that it will be a huge impact. You are playing a game with a finite ending that literally prints money from thin air. The economy argument only holds up so long because even with the 50g respec cost there will come a time where there is absolutely nothing to spend your money on. So either way I guess it would be a wash.

1 Like

Thinking about them remaking WC3 and dumbing it down for accessibility makes me sad.

The only changes I would concede to, is retuning early content, and getting rid of exploits like some of the dungeon soloing certain classes can do that weren’t common knowledge until private servers. I would be ok with that because Blizzard fixed some of them during vanilla, and I feel they would have fixed the others had they been discovered.

Chants … “re-tuning! re-tuning! re-tuning!”

Agreed, if it weren’t for custom games and map makers being around and them also upping the tools for that, i wouldn’t buy it, or play it. The game was fine how it was, and it’s not like new people who don’t know or care about warcraft franchise are going to buy it because it’s a little more accessible.

Blizzard HAS said that they will be two different games.

Whether that means two different clients, I do not know. I would guess that they would be two different clients due to the different data, though. That is just my opinion.

I believe that Blizzard has already indicated that this will NOT be happening.

I believe that they have said there would be no interaction between the two games.

I believe that Blizzard has indicted that what is obtained in one game remains in that game and does not affect the other game.

People have options.

They can always purchase a time card.

They could even install retail and farm the gold in retail to buy those tokens to pay their sub.

Blizzard never offered a an option to use gold to pay for your sub during vanilla.

2 Likes

That is a social function/feature that was added well after vanilla.

If I am correct, Blizzard has stated they that may, or likely will, break add-ons that replicate “later added social features”, or social features added post vanilla.

It remains to be seen how far they will take that policy, but I would not count on add-ons like oQueue and vQueue working.

Yea i vaguely remember this around mists??? I never used the add-ons oQueue or vQueue but I loved Openraid

Lol omg Openraid, some one else remembers that website! I used it all the time to pug achievement runs. But both those addons you said worked on P servers that are Vanilla, so they might be around once more, i do know the creator who made Vque version was active in early 2018.

It’s not. But it’s a feature of BNet.