How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

When they give you the flying necropolis, will the Vindicaar burn Orgrimmar with a laser?

In exchange, you will drown Storgrad in a plague. Do you agree?

Well, as far as I can tell its of a race that had spent a long time in eternity and isolation learning to come out of its shell and being part of that world. A world that came crashing in upon them in WC3, and will no longer allow them to return to the way things were. No matter how much some of them might want to. And that’s not to say that everything about them needs to change. I would wager very little. But the Long Vigil is good and truly over, and Malf long ago was absolutely right. They need to learn what it means to be mortals again.

And no, this does not translate into the WoT, Teld, or the 4th War. That was all utter dogsh*t crafted by Blizz to settup SLs. But Time is a currency that can no longer be without value for the NEs anymore, so seeing them adapt from their old 10k year old civilization peak to a new peak more reflective of the new world they now find themselves was conceptually interesting. This is not the same world the started the Long Vigil in.

1 Like

Something something “thats not the story we wanted to tell”

Blizzard writers are the ‘graphic design is my passion’ meme but for storytelling.

12 Likes

Since we are “new to this world” … will you accept the “bloodthirsty monsters”?

I am glad Vindicaar was not deployed.
If it was the Horde player will somehow get aboard and blow up that one too.

Genuinely wish they’d state what was the story they wanted to tell for BFA. Explicitly. And if they feel they achieved it.

13 Likes

TO STAND! You haven’t answered the question about fantasy. You have given the direction of the night elf storyline.
What racial fantasy has WC3 formed among night elf fans ?!

Both sides had massive losses throughout BFA this wasn’t a Horde exclusive problem.

As for the Worgen. Well they joined the NEs at Darkshore and they were enough to kick out whatever force the Horde left there to garrison the place.
So really the Worgen volunteers were enough to compensate for an entire Alliance support army.

You mean exactly like what happened to the Exodar and Tempest Keep?

Like, truly, it is a powerful gunship, but I feel like Alliance forget our portal master races were the ones who brought down and cannibilized the original models for their own use. And they were the only ones allowed intimate access to the Vindecaar during the campaign on Argus.

Um sure ok exactly that.
So good thing it wasn’t used or the Horde would have destroyed that too.

Pretty much, yeah. And thats not even me being sassy, its me just recognizing that ship was not as one sided an advantage as some people think. The Horde elves are quite proficient at Arcane tech themselves, and have a history and talent for destroying Draenei toys. And potential means to get on the ship.

Sure there you go.
Horde empowerment.

Whatever the Alliance uses against them tends to blow up in their face.

That’s not really my point. Its just that the Horde had the potential means of dealing with the Vindecaar if the Alliance had fielded it (and we weren’t be led around by a woman who wasn’t focusing on maximizing the death toll on all sides). Truly, its really hard to gauge anything in the 4th war because one sides leader was not trying to win it for them. Which is why nearly all her tactics only make sense in the lens of keeping the conflict escalated and prolonged as long as possible.

Anew.
The current racial fantasy of the night elves is “new players to this world.”
The previous fantasy is “lords of the world”.
An even earlier fantasy is the “absolute rulers of the world.”

The current fantasy of the orcs is “reformed monsters”.
Before that, BfA were “bloodthirsty monsters”.
“Misunderstood Culture” - from the end of the MoP.
“Bloodthirsty Monsters” by Cataclysm.
“Misunderstood Culture” - From WC3.
“Bloodthirsty Monsters” - from the draenei genocide.
“Warrior Culture and Honor” - Before the Draenei Genocide.
Right?

Indeed, I’d especially would like to know what the original story was, not the mauled by the rewrite room one we got.

2 Likes

Nothing matters. Whatever the Horde would have deployed the Alliance would have destroyed and vice versa.

Thats why in the this war story the Horde made the first moves and won them and Alliance came after to undo them.

The Horde couldn’t be allowed to win or else that would mean the end of the franchise and the Alliance refuses to win anything past the status quo.

I don’t really care about how the Horde is portrayed from a Horde player perspective but if Honor Horde is coming back then they need to address what they did and why going forward Alliance and neutral leaning organizations should tolerate their presence.
Anything less than Blizzard is just pretending nothing happened and what the Horde did is negligible enough to be ignored by everyone.

Then why spend so much time in a thread about rebuilding the Horde besides to voice your opinion that Alliance feelings need to be placated first and foremost?

The Horde Narrative, once again, does not require the approval of the Alliance (players or characters).

Wouldn’t be the first time.

:pancakes:

12 Likes

So you admit, for the second time, you are in a thread entirely to troll and derail, because you have nothing else to do with your time and also refuse to be productive in a separate thread for things you do actually want to see?

I’m shocked.

8 Likes

I feel like whatever I say you will just assume the worst or say something snarky. Its been a long day so I won’t bother. I feel like I have explained myself a dozen times already and it won’t matter what I say.

I would argue the Horde dealing with its problems in Barrens or some such place is purely Horde business that I don’t care about nor should I. But when the Horde player ventures out and interacts with characters and organizations that were directly impacted by Horde actions in BFA then there needs to be some sort of explanation.
Or better yet expel the Horde from these organizations to show the consequences of BFA and make something new for them.

Indeed thought hopefully that changes.

No you are wrong and in case you have not noticed I am not interacting with you and you are the only person engaging with me. You already know what I think about your racist stereotypes to win nerd arguments here. Leave me be as I have left you be.

We never see the Vindicaar ever do something to that scale. We only ever see it kill some demons and break a door- so claiming it could destroy Irgrimmar is iffy.

The best use for it is to transport troops atm.