How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

No- what??? I’m just replying to your assertion that NE want forest guerrilla tactics and that these tactics were shown in AGW. How did you turn this against horde players???

4 Likes

Just trying to understand what all the rage is about the 1/8 loss ratio.
Clearly the losses came from the guerrilla tactics described in the novella.

Ten thousand years of training to fight the Legion. And lose to the seven thousand year old robber (who is actually less).
Exhalation. Okay. The night elves fought for three weeks without rest. They are tired. They made a mistake. Yes.
Exhalation.
It’s still a shame. Especially when Saurfang split the head of Delaryn’s lover.
Hmm.
Ten thousand years … wasted.

Yes the loss ratio was because the Horde was not in favorable terrain, in addition to the guerilla tactics.

The annoyance is that people are being disingenuous when they make it seem like the horde steamrolled the entire Alliance in WoT. They lost a ton fighting a skeleton force but this gets lost in bad faith arguements.
But what I was replying to was you talking about the NE military fantasy of being forest guerilla fighters which they were depicted as in the short story. If you’re trying to bait me into a useless back in forth fight where we say what should or shouldn’t have happened in WoT I am not going to waste my time.

4 Likes

I doubt the horde would’ve been able to steamroll the entire alliance.Fighting them to a stand still would’ve been believable though :wolf:

1 Like

Not to point out the obvious, but if there were one Race in all of Fantasy that stands in direct opposition to the idea that Age = Wisdom, it be Warcraft Elves. And I don’t just mean the NEs, I mean all of them. Every subrace shares that trait. The NEs also don’t hold a monopoly on guerilla Warfare by any means. Are also slow to adapt in terms of military tech and tactics. And up until the Orcs arrived on their shores in WC3, had lived in nearly complete isolation and peace for 10k years. Home Field advantage is a potent tool in their arsenal but it only goes so far, especially when they rarely ever change it up. Which is why the NEs weren’t the only ones nerfed in the WoT. In many, MANY ways the Horde very much was too as well. To stoke WC3 nostalgia I suppose…

Like, consider this. The Horde, in their plan to invade a skyscraper sized tree in the middle of a small sea, did not bring a single means of their own to get onto or into that tree. The few boats they had were stolen from the NEs. I get that the Legion really did a number on the Horde navy, but you’re telling me EVERY boat was gone? While the Alliance (who apparently suffered similar losses) were able to spare and squander like a dozen ships to chase down the Zandalari princess lol?! But lets say the Horde did have a pocket navy left? What exactly would the NEs have done if the Horde still did the feint, but just used their ships/airships to avoid Ashenvale and Darkshore entirely to siege Teldrassil? That was the objective after all? To blitz it and hold it hostage? The open water is far from their favored terrain? Which is part of why the Horde didn’t have a single ship left.

EDIT: And this isn’t to say I wanted the WoT. But I find myself in a weird spot hating it, hating doing it, hating my lack of motives to do it … but also strangely hating how we were forced to fight it since we were still forced to Like we regressed back to BC Era Horde in so many ways. Fighting the NEs the one way we knew we shouldn’t.

No they wouldn’t steamroll the Alliance. Did something I say imply this?

No. I was just merely trying to clarify it, in case some over zealous ally player tries to misinterpret your words :wolf: :smiley:

Not gonna lie, I only did the WoT for the hippogryph mount, since it was a mount I wanted since Wrath :smiley: :wolf:

Other than that, BfA was a utter failure and disaster for everyone and for very different but understandable reasons

2 Likes

A quiet, angry scream.
So this is our racial fantasy? Ossified old people who only die and remain, right? When do bows have the same performance as shotguns?

Oh okay. 10/char

1 Like

Not trying to drag you into any back and forths but many here have quoted those losses as a clear indication of how weak the Horde was in responding to the NE defense when honestly the only way for the Horde to stop the NEs was to burn the entire forest to ground to stop them.

The loss ratios don’t speak negatively about the Horde but just the nature of the battle. If the NEs were doing a 300 impression where a couple of oiled up NEs were stopping the Horde warmachine I would understand the frustration but that didn’t happen.

And yes the Horde didn’t take on the entire Alliance because then the War would have no resolution because even narratively neither side can destroy the other without destroying themselves in the process.

I did the WoT because I’m a questing completionist of sorts. But the Bat Mount, while cool, isn’t really my cup of Goblin/Shammy tea. We don’t have any mogs that really work with that color scheme (weird that chain is the one armor type that can’t pull of a good purple mog lol. No matter what you do it always comes off as slightly disjointed and clunky). But, yes, BfA was a unmitigated mess and disaster for so many reasons. But when looking at the WoT, the NEs were not the only ones nerfed by any metric.

Seriously? The super catapults, when the Bilgewater have rockets that can bridge that distance? The rest of the siege equipment that comes straight out of BC? The tactics, that ignored the one important thing we knew a decade ago about fighting the NEs. Deny them their friendly terrain advantage as much as possible. And again, chief among the dumb, the Horde making a plan to invade a Island Capital Skyscraper Tree … with no means of their own to actually get on or into it. Are you for real Blizz?

Like, I hate fighting the NEs, hated the WoT, hated BfA. But when I was in the WoT, the biggest question I had was … why are we even going through Darkshore and Ashenvale if the objective was just to capture and hostage Teldrassil as fast as possible? If the Horde hit the NEs with even a fraction of the Navy-type we had in WoD (and we have ships of that type of Navy show up later in the expac) … it would have been absurdly one sided. The NEs are nightmarish in their favored terrain, but open water and air … is not that terrain.

9 Likes

Speaking of Darkshore(the war front) I absolutely loved the fact that Ivar and his pack hate the forsaken THAT much, they traveled all the way to Darkshore just to pick a fight with them. It’s like…the only moment that actually made me smile :smiley: :wolf:

2 Likes

I think the technology-squelching is just a weird side effect of the writers wanting to keep WoW in a faux-medieval time period. But because gnomes, goblins and draenei are a thing, it makes things look nonsensical because why wouldn’t you use superior technology that’s available to you? I think the horde not coasting over the zones in zeppelins to firebomb everything below is basically the red version of the Vindicaar problem.

11 Likes

By the way, @Droite. So what is the REAL racial fantasy of the night elves? If these are not “lords of the world” (or something similar), then what? You haven’t answered yet.

Maybe the Horde doesn’t have enough money to pay for the services of the goblin airships? Or have they not been goblin airships for a long time?

Well I can only speak for myself but the 1/8 only bugs me specifically when it is disregarded so people can act like the horde had an easy breezy time of it which does a disservice to both narratives. I am fine with the heavy losses and expected them.

4 Likes

I think the hordes massive losses would’ve made much better sense if the worgen were picking off stragglers and disappearing into the woods again, while also attacking the hordes flanks and such.

But I’m biased like that :wolf:

1 Like

It’s literally only a problem because they refuse to give the Horde a Necropolis!!!

Draenei Space ship = Forsaken Necropolis
Gnome mech and flying ship = Goblin mech and Zeppelin
Night Elf tree ancient = Orc elemental
Human/Nelf mages and constructs = Belf/Nightborne mages and constructs
Nelf Wild God Ancient Guardians = Troll Wild God Ancient Guardians
Human Church of Light + Draenei priests + Light forged = Forsaken Cult of Forgotten Shadow + Troll voodoo + Orc Shadowmoon
Void Elves void stuff + Tidesage void stuff = Belf Blood Knights and Tauren Sunwalkers
Etc

The problem is they literally never build up the Horde while they always build up the Alliance lol

9 Likes