How can we make WoW Great Again?

Unreal 4 is just an engine, it doesn’t automatically mean realistic graphics. Unreal can be sculpted into anything and it’s just an example nonetheless, Blizzard would probably make their own engine for WoW2 just like they did for Overwatch.

That momentum is definitely gone my friend.

To my knowledge, the only reason borrowed power exists so heavily today is because blizzard is afraid to add 1 or 2 permanent new abilities every expansion. It would end up leading to button bloat (which is what happened in MoP).

'Ave ye tried ta build a giant wall ta keep the murlocs out?

2 Likes

A good start to getting the game back to a good spot would be to stop designing the game in such a way to hinder players with meaningless systems with the sole objective of creating hurdles for simple tasks.

Conduit energy… enough said

1 Like

Honestly? They just need to simplify the game. It’s grown far too complicated to play.

I don’t want to log in and have to think a lot about what I need to do today, I just want to log in and play somewhat-mindlessly and feel like I got somewhere.

2 Likes

It’s great. Mission accomplished.

Nintendo, HIRE THIS MAN. Nintendo, HIRE THIS MAN. He uses Unreal Engine, in any way he can. Nintendo, HIRE THIS MAN.

WoW 2 makes me laugh. Lol.

Make players dependent on each other

I assume that most former players don’t like the current focus on raids and being required to depend on others, so I give that a no.

I would like to see more alt friendliness.

PVP can be endless fun, but not if you are being one shot.

I would say to bring back an option to use a template that is equivalent to the previous raid tier or middle of the mythic+ ilvl. If you’re good, that won’t make make you mess your pants. It would be a good way to try out alts and then decide which one to stick with for rewards. Currently it takes too long to get an alt in shape, at least for me.

Bring back reasons to group up and make friends again.

Incentivize non-LFG/LFR grouping. Like LFR, LFG rewards should be a step down from player created groups. Mythic is too competitive to be social. Regular and heroic dungeons are a different story.

Make guild progression a thing again.

if you want me to play retail again, its actually really easy

let me raid and do keys. dont even suggest that i do any other piece of content. if i wanna do it, i’ll do it.

if i dont, but i have to for one reason or another, im just not gonna play.

I literally have no idea what you were trying to say here.

that i dont want to participate in all the extra crap the devs are trying to force me to? torghast, world quests, pvp

dont want it.

1 Like
  1. Bring back flying at max level immediately
  2. Remove all borrowed power systems and have gearing the sole method of progression
  3. Have 2-3 difficulty levels of raid and dungeon content, and have the gear in the harder modes only slightly better than the lower difficulty gear.
  4. Keep level scaling, but remove gear level scaling for mobs at max level (if there is any, not 100% sure but I think there is).

Oh okay I understand now. I agree :rofl:

Remove the players.

This is the silliest thing about the player base, they hated the design direction of BfA, yet when Blizzard does a complete 180 in SL they hate the direction is now going.

I’m actually of the impression that the player base that Blizzard picked up over the last 6 years actually don’t want to play a MMORPG at all and keep being disappointed that WoW is not a Moba or ARPG or something.

You can literally do that in SL minus 2-3 Torghast runs, and maybe your campaign.
Nothing else is “required”.

It’s the most optional the game has been since WoD.

unless you need rep/anima, then its world quests.

unless you need gear, then its pvp.

its def not as optional as you seem to think or id be playing slands.

Simple idea, make WoW, WoW again. Not some kind of mismatch of systems and mechanics from whatever other game is fricking trendy at the time of a specific expansion’s release.

You don’t need rep nor anima to raid or do M+. Neither do you need to PvP.

You can PvP for more gear, but that is a choice.

I can’t speak for him but Torghast was mandatory content otherwise you don’t get a legendaries. In my opinion that ‘content’ was the most mind numbing and boring creation I’ve ever seen in wow. I dreaded wanting to do it and I’ve never said that about anything else in this game besides mission tables.