How can we make WoW Great Again?

So remove 2/3 of non-trivial endgame content.

because the forum said he’s bad.

agreed, I miss twinks.

what have they ever “meant”?

This is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about loot names and numbers. lol

Wasn’t this supposed to be the player agency expansion ?

I’ve seen lots of people say that. In Classic seeing someone with or attaining Atiesh, Corrupted Ashbringer, Ashkandi, whatever other unique gear is actually cool and special. Retail gear is boring and sucks. It’s not fun to get new gear. (and no tier sets)
Dungeons used to give prebis and had some value even after you are raid geared. Now there’s no reason to run dungeons other than M+ which just feels like an e-sport.
Clearly a huge divide between Classic and Retail players.

1 Like

Well, luckily for the two sides there are two separate games. So people who don’t like retail should just go play what makes them happy.

3 Likes

then touch butts

1 Like

what???

Start by forum banning people who post trump memes.

3 Likes

Well, to make wow great as It was It has to be a trend to attract people of all ages like it used to.

The game has to suck out players’ soul and make them jobless wasting government money, ( like it used to ).

Mobile games are more like short term casual fun, It will never be epic like wow was.

Let’s take a look at the most popular PC game, Fortnite. It is accessible to all ages, easy to play, easy to get good at but has high skill-ceiling, also It is available on consoles and mobiles (but It got banned on mobile because Epic broke Apple’s rule).

So to get popular like that you have to create a new genre that has all of the above but not MMO. MMO is long dead, people are too lazy to grind gear and levels.

1 Like

The lightning doesn’t stay in the bottle indefinitely.

same way you turn a 60 year old model sexy again.

I would love to see a WoW 2.

I think back to almost 2008, people were kind of hoping the mysterious Project Titan was going to be some type of WoW 2. Like even then, WoW was a little tired and dated and people wanted the next big thing already…

The UE4 prototypes that some say look too photorealistic are not what an actual WoW 2 would look like were Blizzard to take it on… not even close. Those are merely prototypes, as great as they are, and though the environment dev(s) working on it are obviously talented it is incomparable with the real thing and an entire team and world class AAA professionals behind it. It would look photorealistic but better, what you would expect WoW to look like, and the actual spirit of it- I think it might look slightly more cartoony as well but veerrry next gen.

There is a world of possibilities- who knows what will happen

1 Like

We can’t do anything to improve it.

HARD pass on both of these, personally.

You’re kind of all over the place, aren’t ya? Didn’t wrath have multiple difficulties at the start? (Rhetorical question, I played Wrath)

We have no power over this game. Blizzard do not listen to feedback. The only thing they listen to is subscription numbers. The streamers are all yelling from the rooftops about where blizzard is so royally screwing this up. Blizzard still do not listen. So… we make the only choice we can make. To play or not to play.

You can’t. This is called a no win situation. No matter what they do… one part of the player base, or another part of the playerbase will be upset for w/e inane reason.

If you’re not having fun, stop playing the game and offer your concise constructive feedback as to why you’re stopping. Then move on with your life.

1 Like

If the current WoW was completely scrapped for a future WoW2, I’d guess that at least one third or even half of the longtime WoW players who still play the game now would see it as their “exit ramp” and wouldn’t come back for a WoW2. Never underestimate the momentum of years of habit and the retaining power of sunk costs.

wrath is actually fun though so it gets a pass lol. tbh i just really dont like bfa/shadowlands mythics. legion mythics were fun.

People loved Classic/TBC raiding and there were no difficulties.
But times have changed

Yes and everyone noted extremely fast that classic content was a laughable joke when revisited.

Literally just take the game design back to wotlk and hire some writers capable of respecting the universe they’re writing for.

That’s literally all you have to do.

1 Like